myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dllee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough day at the office yesterday, Wed.
Played 4 sets of tennis, built a scaffold in the stairwell of the house, chalked and sealed the skylight, painted one coat all around, took it all down, hit Rod& with a 4.2 and 99, OP mostly, hurt my hand jibing, almost got launched, came in after 40 minutes.....I survived, gonna rest today.
veterduet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Berkeley Wednesday Reply with quote

zirtaeb wrote:
Tough day at the office yesterday, Wed.
Played 4 sets of tennis, built a ......hit Rod& with a 4.2 and 99, OP mostly, hurt my hand jibing, almost got launched, came in after 40 minutes.....I survived, gonna rest today.

Like my grandkids tell me.."You're not a kid anymore...".. pace yourself!

Berkeley mellow planing for an hour+, then uphaul and a slog back to the launch.
dllee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berk Friday...
Got the second shift, arrived at 4:15, rigged 6.7 and on the water till just past 6, with one back to the dock trip to help re-rig a sail that the headcap popped off of.
Nicely course slalom powered, I must be getting light in weight lately. Too many days of slightly overpowered. Shorty was a little cool at the Gap.
dllee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday was almost OK.
Rigged 7.5 and 60 cm slalom board, planed half the time in 1.5 hours, maybe 20 minutes really powered. Got there around 3, left at 5:30.
dvCali

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Stick Oct 1st: longest swim of the season Reply with quote

Got out with the intention of playing around with my Is-111 and a SF UL 4.7 (gasp!). Went all the way across happily sailing upwind in displacement, tack, some back wind sailing, fell in ... only to discover that I did not have the up-haul on the rig ... Embarassed

Not even remotely close to be able to water start resulted in a looooooooong swim back Shocked Confused

Five more people on the beach, but nobody else went in. Tomorrow is Wind-SUP.
windward1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges 10-01-2013 Reply with quote

Sailed Natural Bridges today. Naish Titan and 7.0 Ezzy. Fun playing on the slopes of the approximately 14 second swell. Mostly between 3 and 6 feet. Waves broke as high as 7 to 10 feet on the face at Sidewalks where the surfers were. I would jibe back out before going in to the break area as there was hardly any wind near shore and also did not wish to interfere with the surfing. Plus the Titan is hardly a wave board and needs wind to even play on the swell. But play I did.
No one else out.
SPQR

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Windward 1 - What size Titan? I surfed Steamers/Indicators today, 10' Haut nice day. Bet you had a good time too!
windward1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Titan at Natural Bridges Reply with quote

Hi SPQR,
It was 135 Liters.
And yes, I did have fun. I actually drove up to Davenport and Waddell, but liked the cleaner water and more organized swell at Bridges.
doctormast

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Tomales Today 10/2 Reply with quote

Crazy season. Got a spring like day at Tomales this afternoon. It wasn't exactly the sailing I remembered from early season.

YAY- 75L 4.7. Completely Lit! Very Happy

BOO- Felt like the bog monster everytime I hit a clump of eel grass. Don't have a weed fin. Crying or Very sad

BTW: What the hell happened to the launch at grassy point? There is trash, branches and burned logs everywhere. The rigging area is covered, making it hard to rig and launch.
dvCali

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Stick 10/2 Reply with quote

Stick in October delivers good wind: nicely filled in all afternoon until 6 pm. Powered up with Firelight 5.0 + 85L

Nice group of us "oldies": Vasco, Bob, Marty, Fred, Dan, and myself + one unidentified free-styler showing us how it is done (but hei! I am tacking my 85L!!!!! next will be doing who knows what incredible tricks, maybe back wind? Wink and soon, around 2027 at the pace it takes me to learn a new move, I'll be looping).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 24 of 329

Jump to: