myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 189, 190, 191 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dllee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice hour of solid planing at Berkeley on Wed. I missed tennis, so went down to Berkeley at 5, got an hour's worth with a 5.8 and 111 Futura.
4 guys were coming in when we arrived, wind too light for 5.2's. We sailed mostly by ourselves, but drew 9 other sailors out by 6:15PM.
I usually sail for only an hour, so came in during it's highest wind peak, deciding enough was enough.
windoggi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thursday Berkeley forecast 11 to 14
Reality 20 to 25 and still going strong at 5:00

ERROR!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Sherman Island Access Morning Reply with quote

Dawn Patrol was fun today. 4.5 to 5.5 sails with nice ebb tide in the morning.

2017-06-23 Dawn Patrol.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.43 MB
 Viewed:  12604 Time(s)

2017-06-23 Dawn Patrol.png

dllee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice easy 5.2 and 84 liter cruising day at Berkeley on Friday after 4PM. The lowering tide took away any ramps, so it was old school windsurfing.
ERROR!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Sherman Island Access June 24, 2017 Reply with quote

Another fun day on the river.

2017-06-24 Sherman Island.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.24 MB
 Viewed:  12498 Time(s)

2017-06-24 Sherman Island.png

windward1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges 06-24-2017 Reply with quote

Fun at Natural Bridges today. The wind was up and down, but a nice south swell running. Went out on a recently resurrected Bic Techno with an Ezzy 5.8 Panther. Probably should have been on the Ezzy 7.0 Cheetah.

I had previously wrecked two Technos in the impact zone at that very spot, Natural Bridges. Decided to see if I could make at least one working vessel out of the two. It was challenging and new failure points kept showing up and just trying to get watertight again was touch and go. I have it on the sawhorses now and it appears that this last round of attempts at repairs seems to be successful. Now realize, this looks nothing like it came out of The Board Lady's shop. However, I can say, "I did it myself". Not that anyone would think otherwise.

Something I did find to work well was using RSPro Hexa Traction for the deck surface. I use booties, so I cannot attest to it for barefooters, but it does the job for me. Bought mine at Cove Water Stand Up Paddle, but I see North Shore, Inc. carries it also. North Shore, Inc. is where I bought online the pads for under the footstraps.

This gives me a board that works for the days where the conditions are way up and down or the wind is strong on the outside, but weak on the inside and for those cases where I need to do some traveling to sail to a far away break. This worked well for me in the past and now I think I have that option again.

I was using my windSUPs for the above purposes, but they do not have the speed of the Bic Techno. For instance: This week I topped out at 20.6 mph for my Angulo 10' 10" windSUP and I was able to get 24.3 today on the Bic Techno in conditions not as good as what I had for the windSUP.
johnarmitage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:37 am    Post subject: Blunt Point Hunw 25. Greatest build ever? Reply with quote

13 to 32 in 10 min.

June 25.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  226.56 KB
 Viewed:  12427 Time(s)

June 25.png

dllee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sat Cal Cup race at Berkeley, we get there late, go out at 4, planing 50% on a 84 liter slalom board and 5.8 sail.
Obviously not a great windsurfing day, and the winds were really up and down, shifting SW to WSW constantly.
Seems I plane up about the same with my 84 liter slalom board as I do with my 109, the weight difference of 5lbs being the difference.
Of course, 84 liter's is not a great uphauler, so in breezes of less than 4mph, I'm basically looking for a graceful swim.
windsrf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly some major wind change going on around 4PM yesterday. Fortunately, 3 of us at Pt. Isabel realized it just in time to slog home.

Maybe Mike G has some insights?

Cheers, David
dllee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit stronger wind on Sunday, me on 78 liter bump board and 5.2, planing about 80% of the time, but lulls still hurt when it drops below 10 on such a small board. WSW direction, so jibes near the docks, and easy planing off and back to the docks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 189, 190, 191 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 190 of 329

Jump to: