myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 188, 189, 190 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Stick on Tuesday Reply with quote

At the Stick on Tuesday past noontime..planing on a 4.7 Naish Force and 101 Fanatic Freestyle. Just worked on various types of tack moves, no jibes except a few duck types. My freestyle skills are more oldstyle and even at that my skills have regressed as I don't devote enough time and effort doing them. Should warm up this week and I'll do more Stick days to practice.
bert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Wed and Thurs at Coyote Reply with quote

Spent the last 2 days at Coyote just to work on shortboard tacks while fully planing. I did 20 each way on both days. I used to be good at tacking in choppy water but now I suck at it. It's a lot easier at the flatter waters of the Stick. I'll keep at it for a couple more days. 18-20 mph on the inside both days on my 101 Fanatic freestyle and 5.0 sail.
bert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: The Stick on Friday Reply with quote

Noontime to 2pm session at the Stick. Pretty much sailing everyday now. 4.5/101 freestyle for more tacking exercises in very gusty (30 mph) wind. No one there as people don't show up til after 3 pm.
Visited David's memorial., thought about Jackie, who left us while sailing at the Stick, Crazy Joe, Quiet Joe, Ironman Fred, Ralph..all the characters that sailed the Stick 20 years back..,seems so long ago.

David Rea.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.49 MB
 Viewed:  12634 Time(s)

David Rea.jpg

bert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Coyote on Saturday Reply with quote

5.0 session at Coyote Pt this Saturday. Warm, thermal winds kicked in after 2pm with the SFO corridor blowing at 22-25 mph and 15-18 mph wind on the inside. Plenty of windsurfers and kiters at the park.
Sailing just about everyday (67th session) has caused me to lose some weight. As a result I find that I plane quicker, can use a smaller sail, and best of all, I can get into size 28 britches with room to spare.

sailin' too much.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  795.91 KB
 Viewed:  12527 Time(s)

sailin' too much.jpg

beallmd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grateful Dead sailing!
windward1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bert,

I think it is time you start carb loading before you go out.....

W1
beallmd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just for fun, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YSTeJOxiaw
good times.
bert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Stick on Tuesday Reply with quote

Really good session at the Stick. Last week my tacking sessions kinda sucked, but today everything seemed to work. Fully powered on my 5.0 Volt and the Fanatic freestyle board. Got most of my fast tacks, heli's, push tacks, as well as duck and planing jibes. The wind came up at 1 pm at the Stick.
Getting my foil today with some excitement as well as some worry. I'll be foiling for the rest of the summer while the rest of my boards collects dust. I might like foiling too much...
windward1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bert,

I guess if you get hooked on foiling you will have an arsenal of boards and gear for sale. Keep us posted. Wink

Sailed Natural Bridges today. Nice swell of a few feet coming in. I used the Angulo and Ezzy. Had a good time. Liked it!

W1
bert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Stick on Wednesday Reply with quote

First day on the foil at the Stick at 1:30. 4.7/110L Firemove and the 15 inch beginner mast. All was good in the beginning, board was quiet on the water with some lift until I hit the 20 mph gusts and the board reared up like a bucking bronco and the front of the board went up then down. Did that a few times but I stayed on board. Can't imagine what it would be like on the 36" mast on your first day. Comfort level during the 45 min session was low except in the light wind zones. Need to adjust the mast base towards the rear as well as my harness lines and foot strap positions. May move the wings more forward for higher lift..a lot of playing around just to see what will work better. Stopped early because the foil mounting by the powerplate loosened up. Windance did tell me to apply loctite on the bolts as they may loosen with vibration. Also forgot to tether the foil on to the rear footstrap.
Old Fred was watching me and asked me what the fuck is so good about foiling..I had no response.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 188, 189, 190 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 189 of 329

Jump to: