myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 187, 188, 189 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windward1 wrote:
Hi Bert,

What made you think to try replacing he tri-fin with a single fin?

Seems like it made your day!

W1

windward1,
Had the same setup yesterday and while the trifin worked well, I did spin out a couple of times when I pushed too hard. Other times when I've taken the board out I was a bit disappointed with its planing threshold and felt that I was not pointing efficiently. Putting on a bigger fin and removing the thrusters made the board plane quicker, go faster, and point higher. Funny.., my 95L Fanatic Freewave is fine with the 3 fin setup and I tried the same type of swap last year with no measurable improvement. Go figure.

bert
dvCali

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject: Crissy on Monday Reply with quote

Hard day at Crissy, the wind is southwesterly, almost dead close to shore and you have to slog a long way to hit the wind line. I rig 5.0 and I take off .

Choppy, disorganized, variable, in some place the wind is almost straight off shore, no swell to speak of, overpowered all the way to the North tower where it is a bit lees ... spend a couple hours managing the way to big sail ... still fun but a lot of work Shocked
bert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Third lower launch on Tuesday Reply with quote

I usually don't sail the same place 3 days in a row but did Third again this Tuesday as it's been real good. Took off from the lower launch at 1 pm with the wind at 20-22 on the outside on the 81L Fanatic Triwave paired with a 4.5 Avanti sail. Indeed the board feels better with the single fin setup.
5 sailors going out at 3 as I finished my session. Lower Third is more spartan than the upper launch but I'm starting to prefer it when there's enough water.
dvCali

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Crissy on Tuesday Reply with quote

VERY windy Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
bert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Palo Alto on Wednesday Reply with quote

Lighter wind was predicted on this side of the Bay so I had planned on either doing some light wind exercises at Palo Alto (10 minutes away) or go to the gym to do some aerobics and weights plus ogle at the young ladies ( yes, I'm a dirty old man). Decided on the former and rigged 5.0/110L and played around in 12-15 mph wind for awhile. The wind picked up a bit at 2:30 so I sailed to the other side planing comfortably. By 3 the wind kicked up to 20-22 and my setup had become pretty uncomfortable..maybe I should have gone to the gym Rolling Eyes
bert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Coyote on Friday Reply with quote

At 1 pm Coyote looked windy, so I rigged 4.5/81L, not knowing that the wind was on the downtick. I struggled to get out and had to swim back in to switch to the 95L freewave. The extra float helped me get out to the wind but was still undersized sailwise as the wind had dipped to about 17 (flood conditions with westerly wind). Came in for the 100L Firemove and was able get into planing mode..problem is the the board is best with a 5.2-7.0 range of sails and the 4.5 felt felt odd. Sort of a weird Coyote day where the water looks windy but really is not. Ended my session before 3 feeling somewhat unsatisfied. 2 other windsurfers out and a kiter on foil who seemed to be the most efficient one on the water Sad
windward1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges 06-10-2017 Reply with quote

Good Day at Natural Bridges today. Over half a dozen people out windsurfing and one kiter. I was on a JP 91L FSW and a 4.7 Ezzy. A couple of folk went upwind a bit and were doing short downwinders for fun speeds and then tacking back up to windward to do it all again. Guess Mike Godsey's nod in the iWindsurf forecast to NB having more wind than Waddell today increased the attendance at this location. (That, plus the swell not being all that high which might have thrown the choice spot to being Davenport Landing.)

A few of us met up at the Santa Cruz Mountain Brewery at the Swift Street Courtyard to close out the session.

Looking forward to what tomorrow brings....
beallmd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Lahontan 6/10 Saturday Reply with quote

beautiful Lahontan day, tons of water, swell to waist high; three of us, 4.5, 4.7, 5.0

lah2017.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  706.12 KB
 Viewed:  12296 Time(s)

lah2017.jpg

bert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Coyote on Sunday Reply with quote

Holy Batmobile! 3.7/80L at Coyote from 1:30 to 3:30 pm. About 15 on the inside with gusts and 25-35 mph westerly winds on the outside in voodoo flood tide chop that beat the crap out of you. Quite comfortable however on the outside with the setup..had fun Smile

adam west batman.jpg
 Description:
rest in peace Adam West
 Filesize:  29.13 KB
 Viewed:  12221 Time(s)

adam west batman.jpg

johnarmitage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tale of the sensor for a truly wild day at normally mild Alameda.

Alameda June 11.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  211.44 KB
 Viewed:  12150 Time(s)

Alameda June 11.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 187, 188, 189 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 188 of 329

Jump to: