myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 183, 184, 185 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dvCali

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: #39 Stick on Monday: Fanatic FSW 95 Stubby Reply with quote

bert wrote:
I tend to go to the Stick on Mondays for some odd reason. Out on the water at 1 pm on a 5.0 Volt/101 Fanatic freestyle and was planing 80% of the time. Worked primarily on transition moves. This board is used only at the Stick, Haskins, and sometimes at Palo Alto..all flat water spots.

Bert an I are playing relay, I go in when he comes out! Fun! By 3 pm it is a very windy day again and I go out with 3 boards.

First is my CA 52 with the 5.8. It is powered up ... a lot and after a while I decide to take a day off and rig the 5.0 with the RRD 85. I am still very powered up in the gusts, and there is a tiny swell in the middle forming. I go in for a short break and David offers to try his Fanatic FSW 95 Stubby and I take it out.

I tried the Fanatic Blast Sunday and the FSW version reminds me a bit of it. Very planted, seems a bit easy to catch the chop but probably just needs a different asset on the board. Seems to have a good low end (with that tail!) but also seems slow (again that tail! and little lift from the 3-fin), but maneuver oriented: it really turns! I am not sure it would work well in lots of chop and I suspect that it might quickly feel too big when overpowered. It would be nice to be able to try the smaller 85 at Crissy or TI. Very different feeling than a standard board, and just that might be a wining point. I wonder how the rocker compare to a very old style board: think a 1990-95 270 long board with the tail and nose cut off and you have the outline of the stubby ... intriguing ... thank you David.

Then it is back with my 85/5.0 and ... the winds picks up more, it is an easy 4.3 but the trusted 85/Firelight 5.0 does not mind. Fun until I stop at 6 or so while it is still blowing.

fa17fwst_1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  54.73 KB
 Viewed:  13462 Time(s)

fa17fwst_1.jpg

cachaocachao

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Eville Marina Reply with quote

Past couple days have been quite good with swell sections berkeley upwind between Emeryville channel markers and the berkeley pier gap. 4.2/4.4 small guy. Doing it again today and this week
kevinkan

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: #39 Stick on Monday: Fanatic FSW 95 Stubby Reply with quote

dvCali wrote:
bert wrote:
I tend to go to the Stick on Mondays for some odd reason. Out on the water at 1 pm on a 5.0 Volt/101 Fanatic freestyle and was planing 80% of the time. Worked primarily on transition moves. This board is used only at the Stick, Haskins, and sometimes at Palo Alto..all flat water spots.

Bert an I are playing relay, I go in when he comes out! Fun! By 3 pm it is a very windy day again and I go out with 3 boards.

First is my CA 52 with the 5.8. It is powered up ... a lot and after a while I decide to take a day off and rig the 5.0 with the RRD 85. I am still very powered up in the gusts, and there is a tiny swell in the middle forming. I go in for a short break and David offers to try his Fanatic FSW 95 Stubby and I take it out.

I tried the Fanatic Blast Sunday and the FSW version reminds me a bit of it. Very planted, seems a bit easy to catch the chop but probably just needs a different asset on the board. Seems to have a good low end (with that tail!) but also seems slow (again that tail! and little lift from the 3-fin), but maneuver oriented: it really turns! I am not sure it would work well in lots of chop and I suspect that it might quickly feel too big when overpowered. It would be nice to be able to try the smaller 85 at Crissy or TI. Very different feeling than a standard board, and just that might be a wining point. I wonder how the rocker compare to a very old style board: think a 1990-95 270 long board with the tail and nose cut off and you have the outline of the stubby ... intriguing ... thank you David.

Then it is back with my 85/5.0 and ... the winds picks up more, it is an easy 4.3 but the trusted 85/Firelight 5.0 does not mind. Fun until I stop at 6 or so while it is still blowing.

Davide, I have a demo of the FreeWave STB 105 right now also, and I will be getting the 85 very soon if you want to give it a spin.

https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
dvCali

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: #39 Stick on Monday: Fanatic FSW 95 Stubby Reply with quote

kevinkan wrote:

Davide, I have a demo of the FreeWave STB 105 right now also, and I will be getting the 85 very soon if you want to give it a spin.

Oh! that (the 85) would be fun!
ERROR!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: 2017-05-24 Sherman Island in AM Reply with quote

Dispite the windy readings, Sherman Island was less than epic this morning, except for the brief peaks just after dawn (which no one caught) and at 8 AM. I sailed mostly a 4.5 sail and 85L board, but I also used my 4.2 and 4.7 and also rode a 65L and a 75L board.

2017 Sherman Island in AM.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  159.55 KB
 Viewed:  13293 Time(s)

2017 Sherman Island in AM.jpg

kevinkan

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berkeley was solid today. 4.4/93 Skate for my 185lbs. For shits and giggles, put the 4.4 freestyle sail (Idol LTD) on the Fanatic Blast 100... wind came up and was actually a little OPd for a few minutes and tail walking. Had some really fun runs pretty perfectly powered flying over the chop and sailing different points of sail. Very fun!
https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
ctuna

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: San Luis Res 1:30 to 5 pm Reply with quote

San Luis Res 1:30 to 5 pm
Gusty stayed on a 5.3 two different boards.
I was tired by 5 that when it really came up.
My own personal lake to today .
bert

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Oyster on Thursday Reply with quote

Not a good session at Oysters this Thursday. Looked real windy at Tigers with SFO reading almost 30 when I went out at 1pm on a 4.2/80L. It was good for 20 minutes but the south wind had me going out towards the channel instead of Tigers. Then the wind dropped like a rock to 15 at 1:30..WTF!! I floundered out there about mile above the birdcage towards the channel markers waiting for the wind to come back. A word to the wise, Oysters much like TI isn't a place to mess with, especially on small gear, so after a while I headed back to shore with my tail tucked between my legs. Barely made it back to the end of the riprap area just below the fishing pier. Banged up my board climbing up the big rocks. Crying or Very sad
Jrobb

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Wed. 5/24 @Berkeley Reply with quote

I was sooo tired after yesterday I decided to post today. Berkeley was nice and full. A bit choppy early on I guess as the tide was low. Rigged 5.9 and 103L Rebound and was a bit overpowered at first. ( I am 225 so take these numbers with that caveat) Sailed in to the Cove at H'slordships and added downhoul and outhaul. Setup was perfect for pointing all over the place. Well powered, I decided to sail through the pier and head over towards Brooks Island in search of smoother water.

It was smoother North of the pier. Made the turn at Brooks and headed back.

Fun day!

J
ctuna

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject: San Luis Res 5/25/2017 Reply with quote

4.7 Freewave 106 all afternoon
Kind of Gusty but more even at a higher wind level than yesterday
also wavy in the middle.
Three others from SC there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 183, 184, 185 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 184 of 329

Jump to: