myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 152, 153, 154 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dvCali

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:10 am    Post subject: Time to go MTB Reply with quote

Sort of silly day at Stick, with fog lurking and rain-clouds (or something like that) over the hills. Rig my usual 6.6 + Patrik and can go sort of all the way to Sierra Point, although the wind drops to zero a couple of times. Then it comes in with a vengeance, and I retreat to the RRD and 5.0. Very powered up until the wind drops. Back the 6.6, then the wind really drops and back to the beach. Then it comes back strong and out with the 5.0, then it drops and I am out and another sailor (carrying his rig on a Tesla model S!) goes out with a 5.7 and seems to work ... for a while.

So ... Coyote or TI might have been good but for some reason this is the year of Crissy/Stick combo ... today I am off to China Camp with my Ibis ... back to windsurfing when the fog lifts!
dllee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get thy self to Berkeley ASAP.
Sunday, 5.1 very powered and 3s 86, I"m 150 lbs. like you. Reading are super low, so anytime it read's "24" in the gusts, not average, a 5 meter sail is more than enough.
Those who chose to go bigger played from Ashby Ave. and South to Chevy's, while those who rigged 5's stayed from Ashby Ave. back to the docks.
dvCali

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zirtaeb wrote:
Get thy self to Berkeley ASAP.
Sunday, 5.1 very powered and 3s 86, I"m 150 lbs. like you. Reading are super low, so anytime it read's "24" in the gusts, not average, a 5 meter sail is more than enough.
Those who chose to go bigger played from Ashby Ave. and South to Chevy's, while those who rigged 5's stayed from Ashby Ave. back to the docks.

Don't think so!! I am not sure why I suddenly have this block against car driving (oh .. I guess it is the horrible traffic) but before dragging myself to the east Bay I'd hit Coyote, then Larkspur, and if I really feel like going through (half of) the bridge I'd go to TI. My amble opinion (after 30 years of windsurfing in the Bay Area) TI is still the best spot in the Bay. Spent two seasons there before the closure and the bridge traffic going insane and June-August it has some really great sailing ...
dllee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For sure, TI is the call.
But with fog in, SW flow in the ocean, there is no wind in the entire South Bay, and past 4 days, no wind at Larkspur either. Of course, there is a window at Oyster Point.
windoggi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isabel Tuesday....acres of gusts, mixed with fluffy bits. Enjoyed by all
dvCali

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Time to go MTB Reply with quote

After a day at China Camp with the Ibis Mojo back ... at the Stick (this is getting monotonous!). Crissy horribly covered by high fog, Coyote seemingly dead or so, Stick ... a very good 6.6 with the Isonic 111. Man this thing can jibe! Having a lot of fun doing lay down jibes powered up.

Only two other people out, Bob with the humongous Exocet and Robert with the Patrik and 7.8. At 5 a young woman shows up (new windsurfer!) and cruises around doing back wind and tacks ... One wonders if the sun will ever be back over the City. Shocked
dllee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I"ve lived out at 45th Ave. in the Sunset for 25 years.
Summers, going 40 days in a row without seeing sunshine is pretty normal.
Lucky you didn't test me out and go to Berkeley on Tuesday, as I needed 6.0 to ge powered up. It was disappointingly light.
windoggi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Isabel fun on Wednesday.
npure2001

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject: Tigers Reply with quote

4.7 on Wednesday, 5.3 last Sunday. High Tide. Finally back in the Bay.
Goodwind

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zirtaeb wrote:
I"ve lived out at 45th Ave. in the Sunset for 25 years.
Summers, going 40 days in a row without seeing sunshine is pretty normal.

I'm not sure about going 40 days in a row without seeing sunshine being normal, but I do recall seeing many gray August days in the 70's living at 24th Ave in the Richmond. But S.F. has becoming a lot more sunny the last 15 years since I moved back and many redwoods are being threatened due to diminishing fog. SFgate has an article about the unusually cold (gray) August this year, something hasn't happened in 74 years.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/The-most-San-Francisco-summer-just-one-day-9186788.php

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2016/02/27/lack-of-fog-is-a-threat-to-northern-californias-majestic-redwoods/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 152, 153, 154 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 153 of 329

Jump to: