myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 150, 151, 152 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zpp66

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a long time windsurfer, and not amazing kiter, I'd offer that epic kiting conditions are not the same as epic windsurfing conditions, for me at least. On a kite, flat water and 5.0-ish conditions are preferable to the 4.0 and big ebb chop I'd prefer on a windsurfer....
dvCali

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject: Stick Aug 9 Reply with quote

Very un-epic conditions. I get there just to check around 3 (Crissy is sort of fogged in) and the wind is sort of seemingly quite maybe up. Fred getting out with 5.5 I decide to go 6.0 Firelight with RRD 85 just to test the smallish board with the 6.0. She works fine (I tried before) and for about 30' I zoom around. Then the wind drops and we go home. Shocked Patrik and 6.6 would have worked fine but it did not seem worth it.
dllee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remarkably similar to my day, Tuesday.
Drove to Sherman to check out some used boards. Brought the van, so had SS108 and Speedster100, and got to
Access around 3.
No wind, so I rig up my big gear, MPR 6.0, and SS. Wind picks up for a little over an hour, mostly on the far side, so solid planing and even some planing jibes. The doctor and his bud engineer were out on 7.8's, one on Formula.
Thought about you, came in and took out my Tabou 3s86, same 6.0, got two runs and and the wind dies off.
dllee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My idea of a "epic" day is steady 20 mph winds.
Formula out on 10's.
Formula foiler's out on 5.2's.
Slalom sailors on 7.8's.
Freerider's on 6.0's.
Freestyler's on 4.8's.
All planing, having fun, and no complaints.
dllee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berkeley again, 5.1 and first with Quad 76 (well powered, early planing, but the jumps where just hops due to the westerly angle of the wind), then Tabou 3s 86, for a couple dozen head high plus floaters, and some really tiny dinks too. Cool factor was almost equal jumps on both directions, the westerly making it happen for starboard jumper's too.
Good to know I can get out on the Quad 76, since Berkeley's inside is around 2-4 mph, once again, the westerly direction killing any wind inside.
Nice to be 150 lbs again.
dllee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more Berkeley day, 5.1 V Wave and 86 3S, pretty powered for the first hour, then just planing along the second into the 3rd, when lulls started forming as the fog rolled overrhead. I didn't see the readings, but one guy said it was 17 averages.
dllee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took a couple days off, back today Sunday at Berkeley with 5.6 V Wave and HiFly 98 Free, nice smooth water, decently powered, lots of small jumps port and some chop hops starboard, most everyone thought it was a good day on almost any gear.
veterduet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:28 pm    Post subject: Marina bay Reply with quote

Wind stronger than it looked. Water was deceiving...smoother than usual. Nice session.
beallmd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailed Sunday at Lahontan, what a breath of fresh air, so to speak. 5.5 wind but small chop super easy going but pleasant, like doing cruiser easy blue runs at a ski area. The local term is "mowing the Lawn!" Hat tip to Dennis, whom many of you may know, for using that phrase here.
jp5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Washoe dry again?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 150, 151, 152 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 151 of 329

Jump to: