myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 116, 117, 118 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bprice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject: A.L Again Reply with quote

Yet another wonderful day of 4.7 heaven. Waves much smaller than yesterday with only shoulder to head high sets but still butter smooth. Just an amazing season that just keeps on going!
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, had fun, the waves were smaller but the wave count was pretty high, no problem with kelp, and the upwelling dropped the water temp down a bit, which I didn't mind.
dvCali

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject: Crissy Nov 15 fun and WOOD LOG! Reply with quote

Great clearing wind day at Crissy! Like a couple of weeks ago it is a bit northerly, mostly inside. But stronger with a great almost breaking swell.

Had a blast until the zero-on-the-water-visibility on the starboard side (the sun is low and right on the line of sight) helped hitting a ... big log. VERY BIG WOOD LOG Shocked I was going at full speed, down a swell, probably 25-26 knots and it was like hitting a wall. Got whiplashed brutally ... it was so painful I thought I broke my spine ... after a few minutes of screaming in pain I sailed back to the beach. Confused No equipment damage, other than the fin been pushed all the way back, and the sail having a bit of a mark where it probably hit the front of the board. It gives a measure of the force of the impact that the thread of the fin screw is gone: compressed by the hit Shocked
surfdog55

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strong winds at Sherman Island. Sailed noon till 2. Ended up on a 3.7 and a borrowed 75 (Thanks Steve) Nice jumps in the flood. I was the only one out at the access, Darrell launched and immediately hit something, possibly a sumereged log but awhile later I saw a seal lion. Like the guy at Crissy Field his fin got pushed to the back of the box. Looks like 3rd was crazy good. Hope someone will post a report.
JT
bert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:09 pm    Post subject: Palo Alto on Sunday Reply with quote

Glad you're OK after hitting that log Davide. 4.2/85L at Palo Alto..a smaller board and a 3.7 would have been better. Surprised by the 3rd Ave. type rollers..a rarity at PA.

Monday 11/16 - Much better 4.2 day at Palo Alto. The wind blew 22-23 mph from 10am to 2:30 with none of the 40 mph gusts of yesterday.

Last edited by bert on Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gwarn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject: sunday coyote Reply with quote

Nice and filled in 4.2/85 205lbs 70% O/P from 1:00 till 3:00 Big chop and rollers out at the yellow ball. Monster gusts.
dvCali

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Palo Alto on Sunday Reply with quote

bert wrote:
Glad you're OK after hitting that log Davide. 4.2/85L at Palo Alto..a smaller board and a 3.7 would have been better. Surprised by the 3rd Ave. type rollers..a rarity at PA.

Thank you Bert, can barely move today but I think it is just whipped back muscles and bruised rib ...

Not sure I understand the dynamics: the boards stops dead, feet in the straps anchor the body and the spine arches taking the brunt of the impact? Not really sure why I did not catapult, instead of arching as if something stopped my lower AND upper body while the harnessed section of the body kept moving forward. I hit a couple of objects in the past 25 years and those resulted in mild catapults with no consequence ...

Anyway, it looks like I missed a great day today! Go november Very Happy
tomg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply insane winds at 3rd Ave Sunday morning and afternoon. Scary fun on a 4.0 till it was just scary. According to the sensor, gusts were north of 45mph! About 5 sailors and kiters out at any given time. An equal number on shore licking their wounds and ranting like Holy Rollers.
gerritt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject: 12/3/15 Princeton Harbor Reply with quote

4.2 and butter smooth inside the jetty. Carry on.
loopless

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had some perfect Santa Ana sailing on Saturday at Tourmaline. 5 sailors, 8 ft sets, side-off. with 100 yd rides.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 116, 117, 118 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 117 of 329

Jump to: