myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dllee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh tides....
R&G, cove launch and landing on tides above 1.7. Incoming is nice to land.
Point launch down to 1's, but minus's still need a mud slog/walk.
kevinkan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailed Candlestick on Thursday 4.4/99. Wind went nuclear for awhile. Saw a windsurfer on the horizon at Ocean Beach on my way home driving down Lawton and got the sunset sesh on 4.7/85 OBSF. Sweet!! Did a long reach from Pacheco all the way to the Beach Chalet
https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
dvCali

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Crissy Fri 21st Stick sat 22nd Reply with quote

After 4 days of ok conditions Crissy finally delivers a very nice day. Out with powered up 4.3/85L at 2:30 still blowing about the same when I stopped at 4:30. A bit up and down, did not really make it much past point Anita, but never dropped off the plane. Little swell in the middle but otherwise the regular (quite low frequency actually) choppy-chop-chop. Many sailors out as usual.

In the kite adventure of the day: a kite got rescued by the adventure Cat Catamaran that took it all the way from just south of the north tower to the beach ..not sure where the kiter was, hopefully right there ...

Stick on Saturday goes nuclear. Starts at 2 pm with 4.3 but soon need to rig down to overpowered 3.7 that lasts until 4 when it finally goes down a bit (still 3.7 powered up). Surprisinlgy few people out, around 10, with 3.7, 3.5 and even 2.9 (!). It restarts blowing when I leave at 5 Surprised Go Stick! Twisted Evil

Last edited by dvCali on Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:00 pm; edited 4 times in total
SPQR

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waddell was nice, lot's of folks out on kites and a few on sailboards, but very nice.
windward1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges Reply with quote

Hooray, the sun is back. And along with it, the wind! A couple hours out today on a 5.8 just after the fog left the water.
windward1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges Reply with quote

Hooray, the sun is back. And along with it, the wind! A couple hours out today on a 5.8 just after the fog left the water.

What the heck is this???!!! Did my evil twin post just before I did???!!!
windward1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges Reply with quote

Sailed Natural Bridges again today on a 5.8. Was fun while it lasted. Then the wind started dying and close to shore it was at zero. So I was becalmed. The large swell knocked me back into the beach. Got in with no damage to me or gear. Hooray!
dvCali

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Stick June 26/27/28/30 Reply with quote

A week at the Stick working on Tacks and Ducks

27: Excellent day at the Stick after a slog+45' powered up 6.0 on the 26. Today out with my 5.0 all afternoon nicely powered up with the wind opened up all the way to the other side. Usual crowd of 20-30 sailors, very busy parking because the Park is closed, as it has been for a couple of years, on Thu/Fri. Kind of sad to think that the whole area will be unrecognizable in a few years, it is one of the most reliable spots in the Bay.

28th: very spotty. At 2pm is blowing 4.3 but then it just drops all afternoon to almost nothing. Still out with 4.3/100L trying to learn something different. 3 people out too doing the usual awesome freestyle tricks. The wind finally comes back around 4:30pm for a great 45' of powered up 4.3. Than it start to drop again, very northerly. Question

29th: vacation

30th: nice day with the 5.0 + 85L. West-Northerly wind 20-30 people out.

Last edited by dvCali on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
veterduet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: the stick/june 29 Reply with quote

Another fine day - if you didn't mind the smell from the transfer station. must be the heat getting everything ripe quicker.
dsgrntlxmply

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Bodega, Sat., June 29 Reply with quote

Choice: wind reading 11 at Bodega or car thermometer reading 101 in driveway at home. Easy choice.

Loaded 7.3 sail but left behind the essential SDM extension. Rigged 6.4 and expected a slog. By the time I got the wetsuit on, the wind had come up, and was perfect for a little while, then too much. Rigged down to 5.3 and had mixed results. Broken batten makes the leading edge unstable. Broken sailor finishes the deal. Later review of the wind graph made me feel better.

The two other people who showed up appeared to have very good sessions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 2 of 329

Jump to: