myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Brians Windsurfing moved out of position at Event Site
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jota

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
I smell rumors and assumptions in the air.

Yeah, let's bring this down a notch until someone with some actual information posts. Might even look into it myself.
willysurf

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
How does losing most of their online and brick'n'mortar board distributorships benefit BW? (I notice that comment has been deleted, though.)

I smell rumors and assumptions in the air.

Yes, it is very suspicious that my innocent comment was deleted. Perhaps BW is worried that the truth will get out. No matter, I heard that Rhonda starts breaking ground on 6/1.
kmf

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody is breaking ground on Lot #1 which is the lot just south of the Event Site. The expansion is in the beginning of a HR Port planning stage, the first public meeting which was held on May 16th.

http://www.portofhoodriver.com/waterfront/lot1.php

One should do some research before spreading obvious malicious rumours about the water front, Big Winds and Ronda Smith.

I call BS alert, and wonder about the agenda of Willysurf

KMF.
TBird

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh for godssakes, everybody, Willysurf is joking about the Rhonda Smith thing.
willysurf

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, it's amazing how gullible people can be. Even the forum moderator must have thought I was serious. Sorry for hitting nerves people- just having some fun on a boring work day. It is a shame, though, that something like Rhonda's beach (Marina) no longer exists. That area was so perfect for lessons/beginners. It's good thing they are going to start dredging the sandbar soon...
surfersteve

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willy,
You have an interesting sense of "humor." Unfortunately my tiny brain is obviously too muddied for your genius posts. Seriously, that was supposed to be funny talking about changing the entire face of the wind community in HR? Hopefully we will get a lot of wind and fast to keep you from just having fun with us slow folks.
jota

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just down there and Brian's is still there, looks like he's setting up for the summer. Guess I misunderstood the post.

I guess he has moved 20' back, and Big Winds is now in his space? Doesn't seem to be much different.

Dana, did you ask him about it? Seems like a good first step.
jsampiero

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was about to post, then figured I'd better go down and take a look, first.

Seems to me there was only the slightest of shuffling around over there, and I don't think Big Winds themselves actually moved - isn't it Cascade Kiteboarding that moved there?

While I appreciate the effect it might have on some people's business, I don't think it will be all that major.

Having his business moved a few feet won't stop Brian from being an active, engaged part of the community and a presence on the beach.

Sometimes I think Big Winds takes a lot of guff for being successful at what they do. I say, good on 'em. Any strong retailer has a healthy relationship with the people that make the rules, and I'm OK with it. I'm also OK with all the effort they put into helping our community create new windsurfers, how they support they CGWA, and windsports and SUP in general. So many of the new young windsurfers around here have come up through the Big Winds program, first as campers, then as camp instructors. IMO, it's one of only a few *highly* successful windsurfing schools in the states.

Anyways... from a practical POV, Cascade's move to what's arguably the "prime" position comes with some justification: they're likely to have the most students out on the water and sandbar that are at the highest risk. Having a good view of what's going is more useful to them, and arguably better for all around.

Tonia + Cascade have also been an incredible part of our community. KB4C is likely the biggest event of the year at the Event Site. I don't mind seeing Tonia get some love.

Eh. The more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to delete this entire post, but I've already typed it, so I'll throw it out there. But here's my final thought:

Mountain:molehill.

The Rhonda Smith thing was funny, tho Wink

My personal website: www.youneedjosh.com
merriam

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willysurf wrote:
LOL, it's amazing how gullible people can be.... It's good thing they are going to start dredging the sandbar soon...

Whoa boy, here we go again.
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, Rhonda is old enough to be your Mom.

;*)

-Craig

jsampiero wrote:
The Rhonda Smith thing was funny, tho Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: