myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Watch out for mad, dangerous kiter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teabagvic

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Isobars, you are doing the right thing by contacting the police !!!

My gun comment was misinterpreted, it was directed towards him, Benito, if it was legal for him to carry a gun in your state, it would bring scary to a new level. (reading what he did confirm his weird o ness has been taken to a whole new scary level, I would not like to see him carrying a gun)

@ Nukin: For the Canadian thing, I was just saying this because not all Canadian/American/Muslim/White/Black/Native/French Canadian etc... are the same, therefore it is unfair to highlight their Nationality / Race in the main title (when the main thing here is to watch out for a weirdo / violent person). It is ok to describe it in the actual post, people need to know how to identify him. Same goes for your comment on French Canadians, they are not all the same. But then again maybe I am wrong to think this, hopefully we have the chance to meet one day so we can talk about it, maybe my opinion will change afterward?

Lets hope the best for him and his psychological/mental state improve with time. That would be best for everyone.

But since it is not the case, you are doing the right thing isobars and thanks again for doing it.
biffmalibu

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: rebound anxiety is for real Reply with quote

Not to make an assumption, but IF the dude was a heavy pot smoker and quit cold turkey, he could indeed be going through "rebound anxiety". Sorry, stoners. Rebound anxiety is for real and just one of several real health problems related to using pot. You can look it up independently. Pot is not as harmless as many stoners and legalization proponents believe. I have seen a few friends go through this. The return of regular life's anxiety is perceived to be much larger and harsher. It can be unbearable to the point of emotional volatility a real violence. Most users relapse within 48 hours. Getting used to the regular anxiety of real life again can require significant time and various cognitive-behavioral strategies. Medication too for severe cases.

Moderation is the key to healthy living. Jeez, all you really need anymore is a teeny tiny chamomile-sized flower to feel it (so I've heard). And is there a reason to do it all day long? For most, there is not.

Sounds like the dude was actually aware he had a problem yet is not currently able to cope. I hope the next incident brings a bonafide follow-through (charges) because cops' time is precious and it could be the catalyst for a positive health intervention for the mad kiter AND prevent any future violent threats to safety. Think about the future and other people. I wouldn't want to have a collision with anything in that big cold water! That is life-threatening.
jota

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suggest you post something about this guy/this incident on the NWKite.com forum as well.

Kiters don't want this kind of guy in their ranks and should keep an eye out for him as well . . . they're more likely to spot him, in fact (he most likely got a launch from another kiter, after all).
isobars

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, he did. But in the process of that and the madman helping his bud launch later, the bud wrote off the friendship and walked away. The madman told me he has a very long history of driving friends away, and is beginning to wonder if he might be contributing to the problem.

D'ya THINK?
isobars

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jota wrote:
I'd suggest you post something about this guy/this incident on the NWKite.com forum as well.

Thanks. Done.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you believe they censored this thread in ikitesurf!

I'll try to post it in NWKite.com.
westender

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it.

I can see getting a little cranky if the wind sucks but Bart said Attitude is Everything.
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: rebound anxiety is for real Reply with quote

Dope (or lack thereof), much like alcohol and religion, often gets the
blame for stuff it didn't do.

The behavior as described is inexcusable, no matter what your chemical state.

-Craig

biffmalibu wrote:
Not to make an assumption, but IF the dude was a heavy pot smoker and quit cold turkey, he could indeed be going through "rebound anxiety". Sorry, stoners. Rebound anxiety is for real and just one of several real health problems related to using pot. You can look it up independently. Pot is not as harmless as many stoners and legalization proponents believe. I have seen a few friends go through this. The return of regular life's anxiety is perceived to be much larger and harsher. It can be unbearable to the point of emotional volatility a real violence. Most users relapse within 48 hours. Getting used to the regular anxiety of real life again can require significant time and various cognitive-behavioral strategies. Medication too for severe cases.

Moderation is the key to healthy living. Jeez, all you really need anymore is a teeny tiny chamomile-sized flower to feel it (so I've heard). And is there a reason to do it all day long? For most, there is not.

Sounds like the dude was actually aware he had a problem yet is not currently able to cope. I hope the next incident brings a bonafide follow-through (charges) because cops' time is precious and it could be the catalyst for a positive health intervention for the mad kiter AND prevent any future violent threats to safety. Think about the future and other people. I wouldn't want to have a collision with anything in that big cold water! That is life-threatening.
Mulekick84

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe the windsurfers just let this guy walk away. Where was Tony Barbieri? He would have drowned the little punk.

I really must be old school! If this kook attacked one of my friends it would be his last day of kiting for the summer!
isobars

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree in principle, but then WE'RE the ones going to jail unless the self-defense is real time.

Hint.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: