myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Banks, lobbyists, and Republicans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggs, while I don't own much gold, it is still shocking that it has taken such a dump. I suspect it will continue for a while. I have pushed farmland as the ultimate hedge against all future troubles including the international race to the bottom of monetary policy.

Is it time to sell junk bonds?
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

During the Clinton thing Gingrich was getting blown by his secretary according to he wife he divorced soon after.
Majority leader was dating a hooker.the woman Congresslady who condemn Clinton the strongest was openly dated a married guy. The French loved all he news.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd forgotten that stuff KC!
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
while I don't own much gold, it is still shocking that it has taken such a dump.

But well forecast, right down to the month and the price, within a few weeks and bucks, last year. If they're still right, we're getting very close to a low (the buying opportunity we've waited for since way last year), followed by a slight rebound, followed in early Fall by a slightly deeper low for a final major buy in preparation for a ride like few have seen before.

Or not.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve...there you have it!!! ISO seems to have it nailed.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Steve...there you have it!!! ISO seems to have it nailed.

Clearly a prediction for the Zombie apocalypse we've all feared.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Clearly a prediction for the Zombie apocalypse we've all feared.

Nope .... just a rush into dollars and gold as the European economy finishes collapsing.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know how pissed off Peter Schiff's listeners are today? I hear cost of production is $11-1200 per ounce today. But I've seen cycles where real estate was selling at 50% of replacement cost. So....don't bet the farm on something that has no return while you hold it. I'm getting 8% in my MLP's and Reits. They own hard assets with a limited downside.
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am averaging 8% on real estate also over the last 5years. Mine also have little risk.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Do you know how pissed off Peter Schiff's listeners are today? I hear cost of production is $11-1200 per ounce today. But I've seen cycles where real estate was selling at 50% of replacement cost. So....don't bet the farm on something that has no return while you hold it. I'm getting 8% in my MLP's and Reits. They own hard assets with a limited downside.

I read Schiff, huge gold dealers read Schiff, Schiff's been "righter" than the mainstream gold prognosticators, and the major criticisms I and his peers have with him are his projected future* values of gold and silver (up 5 to 10 fold from the coming bottom within a few years) and his disagreement with them of the role of foreign economies in our future.

* Key word: "future". Thus anyone disappointed in his expectations is basing it on misreading him. His timing for gold's resurgence is "some time in late 2012 or 2013"; that leaves 6 months, and is in line with the estimates of many of the analysts who, like Schiff, predicted 2008 and with the few who also told their readers to sell gold a couple of years back at 1,900. If Shiff's wrong, he's in great company, including Jim Rogers and the CIO of Charles Schwab.

And not one guru is suggesting betting the farm. The usual advice is investing 5-10% as a hedge. Recent think tank research shows that a portfolio with 20% in "gold" (actually precious metals in general) beats 10% and 5% portfolios, and obviously MUCH depends on each individual's circumstances.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: