myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
awt @ waddell
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
h2oshots

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imactan,

There were plenty of kiters south of the contest. There are 365 days in a year, the contest runs 4. My basic math tells me that leaves 361 days to kite...

Most surfers are smart enough to leave when it's windy enough to kite, plus there are way better spots up and down the coast...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIr0MWAAr4o

Here's a video from yesterday...enjoy!
pzwinakis

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So maybe the kiters should have a contest at Davenport? Of course I am kidding.. Obviously Waddell is the best place to have a contest around here.. But maybe all the kiters should go to Davenport while the AWT contest is on? Sounds fair to me.. After all it's only 4 days out of the year…

If you think that would actually go over well with the Davenport windsurfers, you need to stop smoking crack and go thoughtfully explain your logic to them.. Good luck.
h2oshots

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-port crew is old school, and the original windsurfers turned kiters realized they had plenty of places to sail with out intruding...

Most of the kiters just made use of Scotts and lower Waddell, where the wind is usually too light at surface level for windsurfing efficiently anyways.

But if you wanna go butt heads with the D-port crew, be my guest, although I would advise against it...
pzwinakis

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, it's inadvisable for the kiters to infringe on the Davenport crowd even when the contest is going on where we primarily kite.. Hmmm. As far as the kiters taking up Scotts and Waddell as you make it sound like it was the left-overs that the Windsurfers didn't want because "the wind is usually too light at surface level for windsurfing efficiently anyways" Huh.. That's an interesting perspective. It's interesting because most of the better/best windsurfers (not all of course - but the majority) are now kiters.. and we kite at the same places we used to windsurf (except Davenport).
JamesHardy

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmactan wrote:
So let me get this strait, if some kitesurfers launch at Davenport, poleboarders have a sh**fit, but it is ok for poleboarders to take over the beach at Waddell for four days strait. Please explain how this works poleboarders. Fair?

"Poleboarders"? OK I will "assume" your not a typical hater, Waddell has a long history of holding windsurfing contests. You know that Davenport doesn't have the amount of beach to run a contest, so stop saying stupid stuff. Every year the AWT applies for a permit to run the contest if you don't like it file a complaint and voice your opposition. But come on you know you won't do that,if you did I would love to be there " Mister Dude, we abject to the poleboarders taking over our beach for 4 days because that would suck and windsurfing sucks and kiting is way more rad!" good luck with that.

Good job you got on the windsurf forum called windsurfers kooks that should go home. OK you have now earned your beach cred now go crawl back under your rock.
lmactan

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You still didn't answer the question, please read my post again and let it soak in.
I didn't call poleboarders kooks, but go ahead if you would like and guess what I used to poleboard also.
loopy

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmactan wrote:
So let me get this strait, if some kitesurfers launch at Davenport, poleboarders have a sh**fit, but it is ok for poleboarders to take over the beach at Waddell for four days strait. Please explain how this works poleboarders. Fair?

no one is stopping kiters from going out at waddell during the competition. just have the etiquette of staying out of the competition area where the heats are being run (both kiters and sailors alike). and for 99.9% percent of kiters and sailors this was obvious and acceptable.

i'm afraid you're mixing the issue with davenport and the awt contest, though. there are others who can explain the historical perspective / arrangements to you better than i can.

have a nice day Smile
cagjr21150

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile...

Event reports from the AWT Goya Windsurfing Festival, linked and ready at DaNews:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/DaNews/259440813066
wetdog69

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So a D-bag Kiter is trolling through an obvious contest zone with no other sailers in the area, there is a half mile upwind and more downwind and D-bag supreme is RIGHT in the middle, between Levi heading in and another pro headed out, completely F-ing up both riders opportunities with the wave.
Don't even try to stand up for this dick, no other kites in the area, just one big dildo on a rope. Get a clue dipshit!!!
Hold a kite event I would love to bring all my nonsurfer friends for waterstart lessons. Get a respectful clue, no body wants a picture of you as bad as you seem to need.
prevett

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmactan wrote:

Hey lmactan,

Your initial premise is flawed, as has been pointed out by others already.

Windsurfers did not take over the beach at Waddell for four days straight. There was plenty of room south of the contest zone for kiting, where the kiters usually go anyway. And there was no good reason for that d-bag to kite through the active contest zone.

The split of windsurfers-only at Dport and mixed kiting+windsurfers at Waddell and Scotts has worked out pretty well, but this issue is independent of the 4 days of shared access at Waddell for the contest.

Your logic is flawed and amounts to nothing more than territorial pissing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: