myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
1st and 2nd Amendments under attack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:

Poor, weak-minded victims incapable of making their own rational decisions...

Gosh, that sounds just like all you guys who repeat verbatim the happy horseshit you hear on Fox and Limbaugh -- poor, weak-minded victims incapable of critical analysis or rational decisions.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swchandler,

Have you ever worked in a pregnancy help center?

Have you ever conselled or helped a woman post abortion either with your time or monetary means?

Have you ever had any female close to you have an abortion (or maybe two )...say a sister, daughter?
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pueno wrote:
mrgybe wrote:

Poor, weak-minded victims incapable of making their own rational decisions...

Gosh, that sounds just like all you guys who repeat verbatim the happy horseshit you hear on Fox and Limbaugh -- poor, weak-minded victims incapable of critical analysis or rational decisions.

I think everyone can lay claim to that from what I have read in the forums. They should call the forum "Google wars" . We're all experts via Google.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers,

I can say yes to your third question, and one of them happened prior to the passage of Roe vs. Wade. Makes one appreciate just how important that Supreme Court decision was for women.

Is abortion an easy question for a women to consider, and if they elect to have one, is it something that could ultimately haunt them the rest of their life? Certainly, but it's a personal decision for a woman to make. Freedom isn't always easy. The way that I look at it, I'm just glad that they have the law on their side these days.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wish the unborn children could have an advocate or lawyer on their side prior to their murder. Maybe a slide show of their potential lives.

At a minimum, Texas has done the right thing.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
reinerehlers,

I can say yes to your third question, and one of them happened prior to the passage of Roe vs. Wade. Makes one appreciate just how important that Supreme Court decision was for women.

Is abortion an easy question for a women to consider, and if they elect to have one, is it something that could ultimately haunt them the rest of their life? Certainly, but it's a personal decision for a woman to make. Freedom isn't always easy. The way that I look at it, I'm just glad that they have the law on their side these days.

Perhaps you should try the first two and you might sing a different tune. Those religious right, that you speak of with disrespect, they often take on that role. Maybe you should show them respect as they do towards women who have made a decision that goes against their beliefs.

From my experience that decision does haunt them for the rest of their lives. I have only seen what lies on the surface, and would hate to share their daily thoughts of regret, despair, and depression. Watching my family member pick up one of new borns and sob uncontrollably from a poor decision is not something I would wish on anyone.

Last edited by KGB-NP on Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
pueno

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
...children could have an advocate or lawyer on their side prior to their murder...

Oh.

You mean an advocate or a lawyer like Treyvon Martin had prior to his murder?
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry reinerehlers, I have little interest in religious folks that continually insist on leveraging and imposing their beliefs on society. With that said though, I do respect their personal right to worship and practice their religion. Here in the US, there is an important line that represents the boundary between church and state that protects both. Yet, as history readily supports, religious folks are always trying to cross that line, and that's where I have a problem. But maybe you have missed the fact that it's being done frequently, or maybe your religious beliefs cloud things enough where you find it acceptable to impose them on others.

As far as your last paragraph below, I think that you've conveniently focused on a view of regret and negativity. Has it dawned on you that women that are haunted by a decision to have an abortion might be living the guilt that a religious upbringing and indoctrination imposes on them. It doesn't have to be that way. Bard just mention the idea of murder in connection with an abortion, but let's be honest, religious folks have never had a problem in history rationalizing murder and imposing death on others. Just look around at the world today, it happens almost every day.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must be right, it is religions fault that women feel despair about their decision to have an abortion. I don't know what amazes me more, your ignorance, arrogance or your prejudice.
When one labels a group of people of colour or race with the same type of generalizations and derogatory remarks they are quickly labeled a racists. I'd suggest that you might open your eyes, and see past your prejudice. Until then just refer to all those "religious types" with the "N" word. It keeps it simple that way. We know which deck of cards you are dealing from then.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've often said I'm against the death penalty. Not because I wouldn't like to see child rapists and murderers dead, but because governments make mistakes. I'd rather let 100 murderers live, in order to not kill an innocent man. The same goes for babies.

This isn't a religious question for me. As a matter of fact, they don't even abort babies in the animal kingdom. Haven't you ever thought about the life that child could have lived SWC? The one you knew about many years ago?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 31 of 33

Jump to: