myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
1st and 2nd Amendments under attack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
feuser

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Yet 72.3% of black children are born out of wedlock.

"Unwed mothers are, on average, five time more likely to be poor."

Which of the above statements is more likely to point at a causal relationship?

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
mrgybe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since here has been no response from our legal beagle, for those interested in facts, let's be clear. Republicans have not passed legislation to ban abortions. Legislation has been passed in Texas to restrict abortions to pregnancies of 20 weeks or less. This is apparently in line with the views of the majority of Americans.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/07/25/majority-of-americans-favor-restricting-abortion-at-20-weeks-according-to-new-post-abc-poll/
mac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which of these statements was posted by a man raised in Alabama who claims he has no racist tendencies?

Quote:
isobars wrote:
Yet 72.3% of black children are born out of wedlock.

"Unwed mothers are, on average, five time more likely to be poor."

Which of the above statements is more likely to point at a causal relationship?
mac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I pondered mrgybe's habit of misrepresenting what people say, and dismissing as irrelevant their values, I came across this, which offers some insight:

Quote:
The serial bully displays behaviour congruent with many of the diagnostic criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Characterised by a pervasive pattern of grandiosity and self-importance, need for admiration, and lack of empathy, people with narcissistic personality disorder overestimate their abilities and inflate their accomplishments, often appearing boastful and pretentious, whilst correspondingly underestimating and devaluing the achievements and accomplishments of others.

Often the narcissist will fraudulently claim to have qualifications or experience or affiliations or associations which they don't have or aren't entitled to. Belief in superiority, inflating their self-esteem to match that of senior or important people with whom they associate or identify, insisting on having the "top" professionals or being affiliated with the "best" institutions, but criticising the same people who disappoint them are also common features of narcissistic personality disorder.

Narcissists react angrily to criticism and when rejected, the narcissist will often denounce the profession which has rejected them (usually for lack of competence or misdeed) but simultaneously and paradoxically represent themselves as belonging to the profession they are vilifying.

Fragile self-esteem, a need for constant attention and admiration, fishing for compliments (often with great charm), an expectation of superior entitlement, expecting others to defer to them, and a lack of sensitivity especially when others do not react in the expected manner, are also hallmarks of the disorder. Greed, expecting to receive before and above the needs of others, overworking those around them, and forming romantic (sic) or sexual relationships for the purpose of advancing their purpose or career, abusing special privileges and squandering extra resources also feature.

People with narcissistic personality disorder also have difficulty recognizing the needs and feelings of others, and are dismissive, contemptuous and impatient when others share or discuss their concerns or problems. They are also oblivious to the hurtfulness of their behaviour or remarks, show an emotional coldness and a lack of reciprocal interest, exhibit envy (especially when others are accorded recognition), have an arrogant, disdainful and patronizing attitude, and are quick to blame and criticise others when their needs and expectations are not met.

The DSM-IV Diagnostic Criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder are:

A. A pervasive pattern of grandiosity, need for admiration, lack of empathy, as indicated by at least five of:

1. a grandiose sense of self-importance
2. is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
3. believes that he or she is "special" and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
4. requires excessive admiration
5. has a sense of entitlement, ie unreasonable expectations of especially favourable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
6. is interpersonally exploitative, ie takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
7. lacks empathy and is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
8. is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
9. shows arrogant, haughty behaviours or attitudes

Hmm.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mud slinging aside. This knuckledragger ponders, "is abstinence no longer an option?" Have we resolved to dealing with the problem or is dealing with the root of the problem no longer the logical option? All that "sex education" sure has served well now hasn't it? Surely all these females must know how to apply a condom, right? So what's the problem then?

I can't help but think that the first generation feminists would be outraged at what the second generation feminists are fighting for.

I find it interesting that Isobars is willing to recognize a statistic.

Do you think that more females are born with a genetic disposition towards sexual promiscuity? Is race a factor in this genetic disposition?
mac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any idea how offensive this statement is?:

Quote:
Do you think that more females are born with a genetic disposition towards sexual promiscuity? Is race a factor in this genetic disposition?

Those on the right keep trying to make reproductive issues about saving babies--but not funding their raising and education. But you keep on slipping up and talking about them as sluts and trying to put probes up their private parts. Do you think this is the way to win women's votes? Keep it up, I think the Republican party has to completely implode before it will learn anything.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Do you have any idea how offensive this statement is?:
It's not a statement, it's a question. I never stated anything. You made an assumption that I have an answer. I never used the term "slut". If I exchange the term promiscuity with irresponsibility would that suit you better?

Quote:
Read the question again. I asked do you think that more.....I never said this was the case. I am asking. Sexual promiscuity is an undeniable factor the same as more guns translates to more gun deaths and driving fast leads to more car accidents. Does the later question make me a racist or is that a question put forth?
Actually I was drawing a parallel.

mac wrote:
and trying to put probes up their private parts.

I said that? Really?

mac wrote:
Do you think this is the way to win women's votes?
Who cares about votes?

mac wrote:
Keep it up, I think the Republican party has to completely implode before it will learn anything.
Sounds good to me. I could care less the party lines are so blurred anyway.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you could have said no, you really didn't think about how offensive your question was. My point, exactly.

You need not take ownership for the entire litany of vile, misogynistic things coming from the right on the abortion issue--just those that you support. I did say that the right keeps using language that is offensive, and that makes a discussion nearly impossible.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know someone who might want this on his Christmas present list.........

Beyond Anger: A Guide for Men: How to Free Yourself from the Grip of Anger and Get More Out of Life by Thomas Harbin

Oh wait..........Christmas isn't inclusive enough......he'll be offended...... I meant his Holiday present list. Whew. That was close!
mac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Understanding the dismissive type, and the emotional attachment denied them in youth...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 23 of 33

Jump to: