myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
1st and 2nd Amendments under attack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanWeiss wrote:
The party of no action but for dozens of stupid repeals of AFCA in the House, making extraordinary efforts to restrict voting and passing laws banning or restricting abortion that are patently and knowingly unconstitutional.

Dan, Do you have the specifics of legislation passed by Republicans which ban abortions? Thanks.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two clicks get you to this: http://www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs/83R/billtext/html/HB02364I.htm

Among the non-scientific "facts" is the assertion that fetuses feel pain. It is short, probably drafted by ALEC initially, and is intended to, beyond the 20 week restriction, require that abortion be a full medical procedure. The practical impact of that is to dramatically increase the cost and restrict the number of places where a woman could actually get an abortion.

The Republicans must be so proud. Women will get even.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The father of the 1967 U.K. Abortion Act (David Steel) has warned of the ever growing number of women demanding repeat terminations as a form of contraception. he warned that it was thoroughly undesirable that 36% of women now requesting the procedure have had it at least once before, with an astonishing 76 women (last year) now on their 8 th abortion! He added, 'that was never the purpose of this historic reform.'

A member of the pro life alliance pointed out that Lord Steel was ingenuous not to imagine that his legislation would lead to 'abortion on demand!'

A morality tale for our time?
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the how the whole socialized medicine thing is so complicated. I see it no different than car insurance that everyone pays for with their income taxes paid. I don't know about you but I don't want to pay for a car wreck out of my pocket any more then I want to pay for a stroke at the time it happens.
The problem with your current system is that it is so fueled by greed that those greedy little bastards are all fighting so hard to convince everyone it can't work. They use the same fear mongering scare tactics that Isobar uses to brainwash everyone regarding guns or anything else despite the statical facts and models that it works elsewhere.
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:

The Republicans must be so proud. Women will get even.

Lysistrata.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
I don't see the how the whole socialized medicine thing is so complicated. I see it no different than car insurance that everyone pays for with their income taxes paid. I don't know about you but I don't want to pay for a car wreck out of my pocket any more then I want to pay for a stroke at the time it happens.
The problem with your current system is that it is so fueled by greed that those greedy little bastards are all fighting so hard to convince everyone it can't work. They use the same fear mongering scare tactics that Isobar uses to brainwash everyone regarding guns or anything else despite the statical facts and models that it works elsewhere.

It's all greed? It is WAY more complicated than that.

First, our quasi socialized systems of care for both the elderly and the poor (Medicare and Medicaid) have done poor jobs in both controlling costs and in providing a venue where providers have confidence in the economic viability of practicing in a single payer system. I know physicians that go months without payment for services under these plans.
And,, the expectation of the services available to the US consumer is much higher than yours. I can get an MRI for my sore back by the end of the week...can you? Not that I should have the option, but the US healthcare consumer expects it. My town has a population of under 10000 people and yet the hospital has an MRI and a resident helicopter to whisk 90 year olds to Denver for any reason.
And, we are fat and lazy! So, our health care costs are higher and nobody wants to be on the hook to finance it.
And,, we like to sue each other for any reason and providers practice defensive medicine.
And, have a system where large companies, unions, and government employees have insurance plans that allow over utilization of care which drives up costs.
Finally, yes medicine is big business and there are corporations and personal interests in maintaining high costs and those interests have a significant effect on government policy in this country,

To summarize it as simply greed is an over simplification.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
The father of the 1967 U.K. Abortion Act (David Steel) has warned of the ever growing number of women demanding repeat terminations as a form of contraception. he warned that it was thoroughly undesirable that 36% of women now requesting the procedure have had it at least once before, with an astonishing 76 women (last year) now on their 8 th abortion!

Shame on you GT! Don't you know that abortion on demand is a "woman's health issue". The women that had eight abortions just had more "issues" than most of their sisters and are deserving of our sympathy. It's outrageous to suggest that an American woman can decide to have an abortion within the first five months of an unborn baby's life in the same way that women do all across Europe. They need six months or more to make that type of decision. OK, so the unborn child is fully formed at this stage, can suck it's thumb, open its eyes, and brain scans have proven it responds to touch. But those "non scientific" claims that the unborn child can feel pain at this stage. Ridiculous! I'm sure we will all agree that's no reason for caution. Let's stand tall with our Democrat friends and insist that its a woman's right to terminate the life of her unborn child at any time and for any reason. It's the only civilized thing to do..........and just think of all those votes!!
mac

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps people who want to reduce later term abortions would support birth control and the morning after pill as positive alternatives? No way, that would show that they've thought an issue through. Let's put a probe up their vagina, and we can claim it has nothing to do with hostility to women. We can even feel self righteous and superior.

Women will get even. Knuckle draggers won't know what hit them.

Meanwhile, in Texas over 13,000 children were in foster care, waiting to be adopted. Another 6,600,000+ are poor. For evangelistic, busy body conservatives, empathy ends, especially in Texas, at childbirth. Punishment starts with the first crime. How many unwanted children to you think commit crimes?

Show me a conservative with a real program to deal with unwanted and poor children and give them a better life, and I'll listen to their sarcastic nonsense about abortion. But I won't hold my breath.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sick of this knee-jerk and dishonest reaction of 'hostility towards women.'

Most sane mature and thoughtful adults shudder at the stupidity and arrogance they often displayed as 'know it all' youths. The heartfelt age old cry is often - if only we could go back knowing what we now know about life! This is not a man reaction only. Often it is women who regret their immature actions most strongly.

My objection to legaslising abortion is that it has had two undesirable effects. 1) It has given the message to callow and naturally lustful young men that there need be no consequences to sex without moral commitment, so they can pressurise young women into playing along, and abortion is ready to hand. (It must be alright since society has approved by legalising it, and anyway, we young men won't suffer any emotional consequences, will we?) 2)It is the young women who fall for it, who will ultimately suffer any later in life trauma.

And that is seen as empowering women? Madness!!!

Pueno once detailed that his daughter had had learnmt a valuable lesson from her driving experiences. i.e. if she kept having accidents through carelessness, her insurance premium would go on rising and penalise her. She therefore had to face the ultimate consequence of her actions.

Now go and explain that concept to an immature young women who thinks society approves of her having an abortion, after she may have become emotionally disturbed as she gets older, and acquirs a little more understanding of life!
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yes, I agree with you Mr Gybe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 21 of 33

Jump to: