myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
1st and 2nd Amendments under attack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
possum2082

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there were no internets either, so should the first only apply to spoken and physically written word while i carry a musket?

we will have to agree to disagree because the genocides mentioned above started with a registry and then disarmament. if you don't want to believe, i don't know man. again, though...let's try enforcing current laws versus knee jerk reactions.

it doesn't matter to me where germany is now. i don't believe the end ever justifies the means. it's like mao being lauded as a hero in china.
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

florian, you make a notable point about the Germans. I'm thinking that Bard forgot about all those in East Germany that integrated with those in the West. In my view, that transition was accomplished with great finesse and very successful results. Seemingly, many here in the US fail to understand how difficult and complex that change was.
feuser

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard doesn't seem to know that it was blaming the lack of racial and cultural homogeny that led to the darkest chapters in German history.

Not only is post-war German society much more diverse (with significant challenges of which you mention one) but also much more peaceful.

What's just as worrying are the calls for a Government role in classifying your mental state and which of the rights in the constitution you're entitled to. If the second amendment is selectively applied, how about the first?

One needs to study the history and mechanisms in totalitarian systems a little more in depth than just tuning in to watch Glenn Beck play with his bag full of nazi props.

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
isobars

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

possum2082 wrote:
i don't believe the end ever justifies the means.

How about WW II?
isobars

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
a mussle loader will kick some ass and do alot of damage.

Yeah, but the second 12-yo then kills you with his single-shot .22 Saturday night special.
MULLDE102f

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What?
feuser

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MULLDE102f wrote:
What?

I know... Mickeys killfile thing is idiotic.

It is as if you're trying to have a conversation, and someone at the table wears ear plugs, but won't stop talking.

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
MULLDE102f

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that analogy
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I always love these "constitution" debates. They always seem like a tangled mess of lack of common sense, entitlement attitiudes, and a perversion of the law.
Proof that human beings will NEVER get along.
maxdownhaul

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
Wow! I always love these "constitution" debates. They always seem like a tangled mess of lack of common sense, entitlement attitiudes, and a perversion of the law.
Proof that human beings will NEVER get along.

It always amuses me to follow gun control debates from America. Looking in from outside (Australia) it is hard to believe that a country that is advanced as the USA has so many "unadvanced" citizens that cannot accept any of societies evolution (it is possible to evolve constitutions). No people, you don't need semi automatic weapons and hand guns. Your police and government is not actually going to take away your freedoms. Democracy is working just fine around the world in places that have gun control laws. Sure I would love to be able to go down to the local firing range and let loose with all sorts of exotic weapons that you people have on hand, but I am more than happy to live in a society that isn't full of unnecessary machines designed to efficiently kill others. Yes we still have crime with murders, armed robberies etc and some of these even involve fire arms that criminals will always be able to get hold of but they are not common and the weapons are usually a lower caliber without having hundreds of round readily on hand.Most armed robberies of convenience at retail stores involve knives or clubs, not hand guns. Guns (not semi auto and I am not sure about hand guns), are still available here to all citizens as long as they pass checks and the guns are stored correctly (in a locked safe). Popular to NRA propaganda, the troops did not enter houses and take guns away.
Watch this youtube clip and the next two. Even though it is taking the piss, it is accurate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pOiOhxujsE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 3 of 33

Jump to: