myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
1st and 2nd Amendments under attack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why it is acceptable for the (non military) police to own and carry semi auto rifles with 30 round clips, but somehow a doctor is not allowed this option in California. I have no question that the founders wouldn't want people owning nukes, however there is an equally valid argument that they'd want the citizenry to have the same rights as civilian police.

What makes a cop better than me? Statistically they are not..
feuser

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
I wonder why it is acceptable for the (non military) police to own and carry semi auto rifles with 30 round clips, but somehow a doctor is not allowed this option in California. I have no question that the founders wouldn't want people owning nukes, however there is an equally valid argument that they'd want the citizenry to have the same rights as civilian police.

What makes a cop better than me? Statistically they are not..

A cop receives firearms training and is vetted before being issued a gun.

If the same applied to civilians, we wouldn't have a problem.

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never argued against training. In fact I'm 100% for it. But they are limiting clip sizes, shapes, and even micro stamping shells in Calif now.

BTW, the micro stamping is insane, but is law in our state. The criminal needs only "buff" the firing pin. Or go to a gun range and collect shells that have been "micro stamped" and spread them around the crime scene. Next thing you know, grandpa is up on murder charges because he went to the range. The whole thing is insane.
possum2082

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker, i'm going to have to disagree with you on most nra members and people being all for background checks. the surveys that are often used for this ask leading questions. many in the anti gun group have said that without a universal registry, the background checks aren't very good.

and universal registry has always led to confiscation.
feuser

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

possum2082 wrote:

and universal registry has always led to confiscation.

No, it hasn't. And we still drive cars, which strangely have not been confiscated.

I do not consider it reasonable to ask less from the owner of a gun than from that of a car:
1. Proof of proficiency (license)
2. Knowledge and adherence to the rules (license)
3. Accident insurance

possum2082

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've heard this argument many times before and there is no driver's license in the bill of rights.

however, i think you were making a joke, but, of course, i was speaking of universal registration of guns always leading to the confiscation of those same guns.

turks and armenians, look at stalin and the ukraine, pol pot in cambodia, hitler in germany and the list goes on.

but, yeah, i'm with you that we should have accountability for people that are not responsible citizens (domestic abusers, felons, those with mental problems...).
how to go about this is the problem.

anyway, here's my beef.

in 2010, 76,000 people failed the background check for guns. the doj prosecuted 44 of them. that would be .06%.

i definitely don't have all the answers (probably more questions), but i'd just like the fed to enforce the laws we already have on the books befoe we start putting more out there.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

possum2082 wrote:
i've heard this argument many times before and there is no driver's license in the bill of rights.

however, i think you were making a joke, but, of course, i was speaking of universal registration of guns always leading to the confiscation of those same guns.

turks and armenians, look at stalin and the ukraine, pol pot in cambodia, hitler in germany and the list goes on ...

to include Arkansas, which tried to confiscate all assault weapons. I didn't follow the bill far enough to determine whether it passed the legislature.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2 Islamists who slaughtered the soldier in Britain yesterday had hand guns, (even though they were illegal). It took the police 20 minutes to get there because they didn't have guns.

Meanwhile the only brave men....oh I mean women, stopped and talked to the Islamists to calm them down. One threw her body over the dead soldier so he wouldn't be butchered and more. Not one MAN interviened. England is dead.

The Islamists didn't use the gun to kill the soldier. They used their car and some butcher knives. Evil or Very Mad
feuser

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

possum2082 wrote:

turks and armenians, look at stalin and the ukraine, pol pot in cambodia, hitler in germany and the list goes on.

but, yeah, i'm with you that we should have accountability for people that are not responsible citizens (domestic abusers, felons, those with mental problems...).

There are no automatic weapons in the bill of rights, either. You can have the musket.

No, universal gun registration didn't lead to Hitler, Stalin and genocide, and a hand gun didn't prevent these, neither did bombs, or assassination attempts.

Germany today enjoys democracy, free press, a flourishing economy, a higher average standard of living, and has a fraction of the violent deaths of the US. That seems to be compatible with universal gun control, since Germans seem to understand that the best way to defend these things is at the polls, not by arming yourself to the teeth.

MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the past 68 years, Americans have been defending Germans WITH GUNS AND MISSLES. BTW the Germans have a very homogeneous society unlike America. So does Japan. That leads to a more harmonious society.

As for automatic weapons, if the police have them, I want them. Civilians should be armed as well as the CIVILIAN POLICE, not the military. We don't want missles. We want and are guaranteed by the constitution to bear arms. BTW a mussle loader will kick some ass and do alot of damage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 2 of 33

Jump to: