myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
windsurfing inspired art
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jse

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Murray, I never knew you were an artist. Well, when you sail with someone for years, often the most you know of them is what car they drive and their quivers. Really nice work! I think you have nailed the TI experience. Cresting waves with the cityscape in the background and a lone sail. Do you do all that from memory? Haven't noticed you on the water with a camera. Also, the one at sunset and glassy water... Pretty darn scary if you ask me. Smile

Steve
victor

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the water paintings really give the feeling of being there.

the point of view creeps me out, though. gives the feeling of being down in the water a mile west of TI with something broken and no radio.
tajella

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: TI - AI Reply with quote

[quote="jse"]I think you have nailed the TI experience. Cresting waves with the cityscape in the background and a lone sail.

Agreed, I always try to explain to non-sailors what the experience is like when you are sailing between TI and AI, but I always fail to adequately describe it. Your paintings really capture the experience. Thanks for sharing this Murray.

Bob
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting some photos of your artwork of TI windsurfing. Very nicely done, and I have to say, they are quite a bit different then I expected after seeing the portrait that NW30 posted. Between the two pieces you certainly captured the both the expanse and the up close subtleties of views that we often see on the water. Moreover, you've also established an interesting interplay between abstraction and reality in your work. The one with the lone windsurfer blends the up close and distant views in a very special way. It's probably one of the best windsurfing specific works I've ever seen. I could easily see it as a magazine cover piece much in the same vein as artwork used in past Westways magazines. Thanks for sharing.
foiled_again

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject: The Depot in Mill Valley Reply with quote

Hi. I'd rather sail than paint but tis the season (to paint). I have about 20 windsurfing inspired paintings on display through January at the Depot Café in Mill Valley. There's an informal opening this Tuesday evening from 6 to 7. Wine and cheese by the Depot. Beer in a cooler by me /;~)
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are creative beyond words.
The shots of just water are amazing.

You can tell from the others reply's the very very favorable impression

NICE !!!

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: