myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
CT windsurfing anymore?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peter.grunawalt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:43 pm    Post subject: Looking for Windsurfing Partners: Reply with quote

Hello friends,

Have been windsurfing very off-and-on for 3 years now, and just bought my own setup this summer. Looking to get some use out of it near New Haven (I'm currently living in Hamden).

Definitely still beginner-intermediate, but would like to meet other windsurfers and be in the know.

Thanks and take care,

Peter
johngullotti

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter

There are still a bunch of us who still like to sail out of Stonington. Either by clambering over the rocks at Stonington Point or enjoying the ease of access at the Barn Island Boat Ramp. Fall seems to be the best season. Summer winds are very rare, though there's one guy here who sails a formula board with a monster sail and he's on the water a lot. I've heard people sail in Waterford at Jordan Cove too. But if it's windy there, it's probably windy further east and I'm not leaving wind to find wind elsewhere.
I know it's a hike for you, but on the good days we get folks from Middletown and Hartford. Winds with at least a little southerly in them are pretty good for novices and intermediates. For wind out of the northern quarters, we'll often trek to Ninigret Pond in RI where the conditions aren't so offshore.

Good luck, stay safe and enjoy yourself
john
dinger4

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter,

Been sailing CT and RI (year round) for years now and rarely see anyone out. Ninigret, RI and Walnut, Short, Long and New Haven lighthouse in CT. Would be happy to meet up and sail with a buddy. We need wind. Praying for a good Fall/Winter. It has been pretty bad for last 2 years....

Craig
DrWind

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig,

Sounds like I need to get my new Facebook page up and running. My old windsurfing email group which I started long-long ago seems to have lost interest, Craig, you are on the list.

The page,"New England Windsurfing", is in its infancy. I did not want to call it Connecticut Windsurfing, as we all know that we cross state borders from time to time, (at least I do) to catch the best wind and waves.

The best example of a page that that I can think of is the Peconic Puffin.

I had not yet officially opened the page for service, but I did get one posting on it last night. Have not had much time to work on it between windsurfing, tinkering with my daughter's GTI, and work.

Lars
simonperez60

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I do not know what has happened, but I recall in the past going to Lighthouse Park in East Haven or Hammonasset with several other windsurfers, but now I have been sailing solo every time.
blockidog

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: entrance fees @ hammonasset Reply with quote

gavin wrote:
You can get a CT parks pass, good for a year for all of the CT DEEP parks for around $50/but they do not charge in the off season. About 6-7 windsurfers show up to sail in the spring and fall....
There are a number of other places to sail in this area as well.
grenz@renz.net

Gavin … you still sail!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: