myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Sensor Graphics Update Requested

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windsrf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Sensor Graphics Update Requested Reply with quote

The April 6th posted reply copied below gives some relevant info and indicates that iWind customer base is perhaps in general unhappy with this "upgrade" - at least in Maui, Cabrillo, and now Berkeley. How about an update as to what's being done to reduce data-overload and when we might expect resolution of the problem?

I do note that Berkeley sensor just now seems to be reading variable wind direction.

Thanks, David

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bmmiller

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2013 18:15 Post subject: Reply with quote
slambo,

Interestingly this problem has been caused by our upgrading the weather station to higher quality electronics and communications. The stations now report every minute! This higher reporting frequency, of course, is good news to all lovers of real-time data. However, it has inadvertently created a problem with the wind graphs being crowded with data. Hence, our development team is currently working on a way to better display this data so that the graphs are still easy to read. This has been resolved for windAlert.com. So, perhaps check out: http://www.windalert.com/spot/433

Hope this helps!
bmmiller

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windsrf,

As stated in the email, a fix is already in place for our mobile apps and our sister websites windAlert.com, SailFlow.com, and FishWeather.com. Since iW and iK are powered by our old database, the repair is more cumbersome. This is being undertaken as we speak and a fix should be in place soon. (I'd guess by early next week at the latest.)

-Ben
cbknap

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben--hard to tell what fix has been applied from that windalert url you posted.

While I agree with others that the amount of data crammed into the new graphs is somewhat maddening I do like the feature that allows you to mouse over a point on the graph and get a pop-up readout of the actual numbers. So I hope that feature survives, although about 50 percent fewer data points would make the grafs load faster and vastly easier to read.

We do appreciate that you guys are trying to modernize the sensors, data and graphs.

--chris
allen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about an option where you can get a one minute readout or 5 min, 10 min avgs........I don't think many users are getting what they want w/1 minute data.........
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*I* surely can't re-rig that fast. Sad
Lee?
windsrf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for update Ben.

Berkeley sensor now appears to be reporting direction correctly.

David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: