myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
STOLEN GEAR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevinmc

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: STOLEN GEAR Reply with quote

Just got back to SB and noticed, I had pretty much ALL my gear stolen out of my car last night in Santa Barbara. This includes:

Tabou Dacurve 79
Tabou Dacurve 85

2 Nolimitz 400s, and a 370

2013 Gaastra IQs, 5.4, 5.0, 4.5

Two Rip Curl wetsuits, 3/2 bule, gray; 4.3 black

I'll be checking the ususal Craigslist postings, but if anyone happens to see something, let me know!
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. No doubt, a total bummer. I'll keep my eyes open and hope for the best.
beallmd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry. Windsurfing gear is THE LEAST USEFUL thing to steal around. Some of the idiots who do crime can't figure this out though. When they find it is totally useless to them or better yet, try to sell it to one of us, hopefully then you'll get it all back. A holes.
Kevinmc

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, surfboards- I get it. I see why those get ripped. But to get anything out of my car, the first thing they had to grab was a board that wasn't even in a bag. Footstraps out there for everyone to see! IDIOTS!!! Mad

Just really bad timing since Matt P and I have our PSC clinic next week! UGH!! We're just scrambling trying to put together a PSC set up before the trip and we'll see what happens when we get back!
spennie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K-Mac: I've got some extra Sailworks.......
Windsurf83

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we got you some new NoLimitz in the mail today, should be there in a jiffy!

dang tweakers!!
Waterat Pat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailed with you at D'Port last week a bunch of fun. PSC should be good as there have been a few south pulses coming through.
They might just abandon the gear somewhere once the realize its not a surfboard. Happened to a friend in Santa Cruz. Good Luck!
VinceSF

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You put NoLimitz mast on Gaastra's? it's like putting costco tires on a ferrari.
reneecarlson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kevin
I will keep a lookout for your gear on the central coast.
You have all wave gear,so it may not showup at Lopez Lake.
Call all your local surf shops.
Rich Crowe Crowe Sails
Kevinmc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for everyone's support. Lots of offers to let me borrow gear just shows how cool and generous the windsurfing tribe is. And I know that if ANY windsurfer happens to come across something, they'll put out the alert. Still looking for the gear. The crooks are probably still trying to figure out what it even is! I'm sure that eventually it will show, but it could be a while. I'll just hope for the best and hope they just ditch it without trashing it.

Special thanks to my bros Matt at Pritchard Windsurfing, Gary Koop at Gorge Surf Shop and Ryan Kolberg at Nolimitz- I got some replacement gear sent in a flash and I'm now all set for our PSC clinic. Just in time 'cause it sure looks like fun south swells for our PSC week! Should be much easier than the days at Davenport that kicked my butt, Wateratpat! Great seeing all the locals that had that place figured out. Saw some pretty nice rides in some crazy conditions!

And by the way, the Nolimitz masts are working great in the Gaastras, so I guess Costco tires are pretty good! Nolimitz has been experimenting with some bends and Gaastras. I've been using some Sumo top/Original Skinny bottom combos and me likey! Alas, that's probably a subject for a whole different thread.....

KMAC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: