myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Windsurfing lifestyle while in retirement
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
speedysailor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isobars, when your posts are derisive and attack personally, the object or butt of your joke won't appreciate them. They probably didn't point that out to you in the military as your object would be endangering various "enemies" and ethnic groups. Then again their are oxymorons coming from your moronic leaders. Try the war on terrorism. Since war itself is terror, that would be rather like shooting yourself in the foot, not so much by accident as deliberately.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

To all that posted thoughtful responses, thank you. Unfortunately the thread has gone up the tree and now into the muck and weeds.
The non topic related response from speedy sailor are unnecessary, even if it is for the sake of cyber marketing during the winter months.
Building traffic at the site with responses such as those from "speedysailor" is, if anything, old. You have a right to free speech so have at it.

Thanks again to all who took the time to respond to the question.
mikephillips2011

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
I avoid any obligations I can’t reschedule by phone from the beach, from bridge parties to radiation treatment, during the WSing season.

Isobars, maybe it's time to move away from the Tri-Cities.

6 nuclear-waste tanks leaking at Hanford
http://tinyurl.com/awvu24e

I'm not trying to bust your balls. I am truly concerned about your health.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the risk of bending the thread's topical envelope, I'll respond to your concern for my health with some broader facts and support relevant to retiring to sail the Columbia River.

My primary radiation threat is from half a dozen oncologists who want to end my windsurfing, not from Hanford, parts of which I can see from home. Front-line leak prevention/monitoring/containment experts on Hanford's threats still windsurf and/or let their kids play in the river even near Hanford and/or assure me that Hanford's threat to the public is such a very slight and long term issue that we still get more natural radiation than man-made (not counting cat scans, I presume). Hanford is such a dominant employer here that most people who have lived here for a while know many Hanford workers personally, and thus have access to insider experts in multiple fields who cut through the alarmist media crap pretty reliably.

I've also been on the inside of several huge-scale military weapons development and testing programs over the decades, and have seen first hand how badly the liberal media report anything to do with military-related issues. The exaggerations, distortions, absolute stupidity, political bias, and even outright lies I've seen in major media stories about the defense industry for as long as I can remember are a blight on the entire journalism profession and impede rational decisions on matters of national importance.

Just one example was the long string of headlines when we were testing the Tomahawk Cruise Missile over Utah. "Another Tomahawk Crashes and Burns", they kept boasting derisively. Uh, that's what cruise missiles DO for a living; they hit targets, and, if armed with warheads (ours were not), blow them up.

Idiots.

The level of media BS was even worse with Star Wars laser R&D, many of whose subsystems and technical concepts are vital to a huge and growing variety of scientific, communications, deep space exploration, government and commercial systems used around the world by many nations for countless peaceful applications. But what does the media whine about? It failed to reliably blow up ICBMs ... as though building a weapons system was the program's objective.

Idiots!

Most media talking heads are English majors, more or less, educated to hate anything to do with the military industrial complex, incapable of understanding how a slingshot works, and dedicated to liberal causes. In this case, gullible people who otherwise want to move to the Gorge area to windsurf suffer the consequences.

But, hey, anything that keeps the crowds down is OK by me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: