myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
war is a racket
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentally and emotionally disabled. Without a doubt.
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speakin of war (iso doesn't exist) I got to watch war as a tourist who was in Mombai during the India Pakistan war and noted two things.

Don't be on the wrong side while watching a war.

War clears out so many buildings that you have room even in crowded overbuilt cites to grow your economy with new infrastructure.
The city was a big ghetto. It is the marvelous new pride of modern India now.
This happened in the prairies of my youth after natural prairie fires.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of war. Have you seen a photo of Detroit in 1945 and Hiroshima in the same year. Then looked at a photo of Hiroshima today compared to Detroit today?

http://www.google.com/search?q=detroit+and+hiroshima+then+and+now&hl=en&tbo=u&rlz=1T4LENN_enUS452US452&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=vDH-UPLlCOamiQLt1oGwDg&ved=0CDcQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=566

We should be at war about the loss of household income over the last 4 years. We should be at war about the loss of the American family. We should be at war with the welfare state. We should be at war with the pathetic education performance of our schools.

Instead we are at war with the job creators. We need an even bigger govt to mess things up more. Big central govt has always used war as a tool. They've never solved the moral and spiritual needs of the people.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"They've never solved the moral and spiritual needs of the people."

Bard, and what's that supposed to mean? The "job creator" thing is just BS, so no need to waste any time on that, but share with us your dream of how one solves the moral and spiritual needs of the people sans any religious nonsense. The government isn't in the business of religion, and they shouldn't ever be.
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:

We should be at war about the loss of household income over the last 4 years.

How about the loss during 2000-2008? Can you blame that on Obama?

stevenbard wrote:

We should be at war about the loss of the American family.

You mean what happened when BOTH parents had to work to support a family, leaving kids at home after school? That began 20-30-40-50 years ago, maybe more. Can you blame that on Obama?

stevenbard wrote:

Instead we are at war with the job creators.

Oh, you mean the wealthy? Like the Koch Brothers, who've continued to cut their workforce, firing employees over the last 15-30 years as their profits have skyrocketed? Can you blame that on Obama?

stevenbard wrote:

We need an even bigger govt to mess things up more.

Then you'll be unhappy with our current president. The US Government has been SHRINKING during his administration.

stevenbard wrote:

Instead we are at war with the job creators. . . . . They've never solved the moral and spiritual needs of the people.

The "moral and spiritual needs of the people" might preclude us from killing people in other countries. Obama is extricating us from Bush/Cheney's illegal, immoral, unfunded wars.

"Moral and spiritual needs of the people" and "war with the job creators" is a non sequitur that you've cobbled together because you think Mikey will like it. But it's just imaginary fluff, meaningless gobbledygook that says nothing. Kinda like what Romney/Ryan were saying during the campaign.

I'd expect more intelligent and factually accurate statements from Sarah Palin than you've posted here.

keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pueno,
Bard has made it clear how he feels about Iso.
All respects due to your thoughtful posts here in the past.
i forgive you for being a liberal. It has always been a malaise of the educated class.
You translated Bards rant against Government into a blame feat on Obama.
Bard may get into that but I don't speak for him.
Others shouldn't speak for him either.
He don't like government much and neither do I. More is rarely better.
He didn't like Bushs version of bloated gov. eiither, and neither did I and most other conservatives.
We have been railing against our crappy Gov. for generations.
If Romney had gotten elected Bard and I would still be posting remarks like his against a different government.

Might I offer a hopefully more accurate synopsis of his posts?
The US Government is a poor excuse for an institutiion and changing presidents hasn't helped.
Both parties suck and Congress reflects that.
They aren't helping us in the way they should.
No matter how little they can do for us in things like the family, education, etc.they should be doing all they can.
. It is their only reason for existence.
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:

The US Government is a poor excuse for an institutiion and changing presidents hasn't helped.
Both parties suck and Congress reflects that.
They aren't helping us in the way they should.
No matter how little they can do for us in things like the family, education, etc.they should be doing all they can.
. It is their only reason for existence.

And what are YOU doing to make things better?

What is Mr. B. doing to improve things, aside from sniveling, whining, and flinging feces?
windoggi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen Pueno
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keycocker, I owe you an apology.

I misread your last post, thinking those were your thoughts -- but I see that you were attempting to translate Mr. B's words for me. My mistake.

So, I might instead ask: "Mr. Bard, what are YOU doing to make things better?"

Again, mea culpa, KC.

MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Keycocker. You are correct in your evaluation.

I do wish we could go back to the days when mothers could stay home with their children and families were intact. There is nothing religious about that.

I believe in small business. The govt of the last 12 years has made it more difficult for small business, the engine of job creation. The last 2 presidents have had policies that enhanced the biggest businesses. This has lead to a soft oligarchy in my opinion.

BTW, income grew under Bush and is falling under Obama. The last year of Bush was bad. But the 1st 7, income grew. I wonder if Bush had had negative interest rates, how that would have turned out. However, I NEVER LIKED BUSH. 12 years ago I thought he was a douche.

As for Obama and war.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: