myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, how's this for temerity? I returned from a morning performance at my daughter's Connecticut elementary school. In the audience was the father of one of the second graders sporting an NRA T-shirt. The parents and educational staff were nice enough to ignore him. But you can't hold back seven year-olds. One pointed during the show, and afterwards another asked her mom in close proximity to this guy, why is "Seth's dad" wearing a shirt of the guys who want to put guns in our school?

That is the question.

pueno

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanWeiss wrote:
Well, how's this for temerity? I returned from a morning performance at my daughter's Connecticut elementary school. In the audience was the father of one of the second graders sporting an NRA T-shirt. The parents and educational staff were nice enough to ignore him. But you can't hold back seven year-olds. One pointed during the show, and afterwards another asked her mom in close proximity to this guy, why is "Seth's dad" wearing a shirt of the guys who want to put guns in our school?

That is the question.

Let me give you Mikey's answer before he does.

The guy was exercising his first amendment rights about his second amendment rights.

You and I don't necessarily have to agree with either of those rights, but Mikey will somehow construe his version of truth to claim that we do. (And if we don't, then he'll shoot us -- or talk us to death.)

Please note that the Constitution does not address intelligence or rationality.
capetonian

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/General-Discussion/Chat/Well-done-Australia-we-rock/
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/elements/2013/05/3d-printed-gun-cody-wilson-defense-distributed.html

This guy Wilson is an amazing intellect, and anarchist, and revolutionary. He is changing the entire gun debate. He fired his weapon today. Prisoners, Felons, Scalliwags, and even kids can now just print themselves an AK-47. Let them outlaw this one. OMG, of course once it's outlawed, criminals won't do it will they?

Honest to God, I think we are finally in the end times... http://defcad.org/ where you can download the plans. BTW the printers can be had for a few hundred dollars.

Mac, you gotta read this one. Absolutely proves how stupid gun control is, and how important it is to train people in gun use and safety.

Must see video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK6-kbdHE2A
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once, plastic guns are outlawed? Dude, they've been outlawed for nearly 30 years in a law pushed by and signed by the right's favorite reinvention, Ronald Reagan. It passed with only 4 no votes, one of which was Dick Cheney who later said his vote was a mistake and that if he could do it all over again he would've voted to ban plastic guns.

OK, not plastic but guns that cannot be reasonably detected by metal detectors. Wilson put a non-functioning cube of steel in the gun to comply.

I might agree that it looks like end times given the wild run to the fringe by the NRA that elected a man who insists that the NRA must arm and train people to fight overseas and fight tyranny. I wonder what that means? And if the NRA now is advocating against any restriction on weapons, the logical extension of that is doom for the NRA, possibly ending in conspiracy and treason charges if words are not carefully chosen.

DanWeiss

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once, plastic guns are outlawed? Dude, they've been outlawed for nearly 30 years in a law pushed by and signed by the right's favorite reinvention, Ronald Reagan. It passed with only 4 no votes, one of which was Dick Cheney who later said his vote was a mistake and that if he could do it all over again he would've voted to ban plastic guns.

OK, not plastic but guns that cannot be reasonably detected by metal detectors. Wilson put a non-functioning cube of steel in the gun to comply.

I might agree that it looks like end times given the wild run to the fringe by the NRA that elected a man who insists that the NRA must arm and train people to fight overseas and fight tyranny. I wonder what that means? And if the NRA now is advocating against any restriction on weapons, the logical extension of that is doom for the NRA, possibly ending in conspiracy and treason charges if words are not carefully chosen.

keycocker

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you guys grow? My old high school crowd can quickly make a much better gun than his without a $1000 printer.
Hint. You need a pipe a heavy rubber band and a ball bearing.
There are laws against zip guns. Dan, could they apply to homemade plastic guns?
These are the only gun control laws the NRA supports because they make no money for their gun manufacturer masters.
With NRA support it should be easy to get stronger controls.
capetonian

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This idea won't stop mass shootings by crazy people, but would work for permanently locking up violent criminals:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/paulhsieh/2013/05/07/why-3d-printed-untraceable-guns-could-be-good-for-america/
"Furthermore, University of Chicago professor (and co-author of the bestseller Freakonomics) Steve Levitt has noted that most proposed gun controls have minimal impact on gun crime. One of the few ideas that does work is enhanced prison sentences for crimes committed with a gun. According to Levitt, the gun laws that work are ones “where you’re not tying it to the gun itself, you’re tying it to the use of guns that you don’t want.” This makes perfect sense. The government should not punish gun ownership by responsible adults, nor legitimate sporting or self-defense uses. Instead, the government should punish the misuse of a gun by criminals."
rigitrite

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I continue to hear the same argument from the gun-crowd, “criminals don’t care about laws and will just get guns anyway.” This puzzles me, since I can’t think of a single time that a hardened criminal walked into a 1st grade classroom and killed 20 kids, or into a movie theater and killed people, or to a grocery store where a congressperson was meeting the public and shot the place up. I want to keep mass-killing weapons out of the hands of law-abiding nut-jobs.
In Kansas City, I can avoid the criminal element by not going east of Troost after dark, or just taking sensible precautions, but as long as the NRA & congress believe that every law abiding citizen has the right to commit mass-murder at the push of a button, then no one is safe anywhere.
I bet everyone on here suspects that it’s only a matter of time till Mr. Fick-shun snaps and shoots up Rowena for every perceived injustice he feels has been perpetrated upon him by a vast liberal-windsurfing-conspiracy.

isobars

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, if that fear works, I'll take it.
Heads up, world: my concealed carry permits cover something like 40 states.

Maybe if my friends' daughters had such permits and everyone knew it, they would not have been raped. I'm going to laugh out loud when I read of one of my firerarms trainers' wife or teenage daughter being attacked. Both are highly ranked nationally in combat shooting, commonly called runnin' and gunnin'.

If ya hear of a way to prevent homicidal nuts without records from getting guns, let the feds know. I've seen none presented yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 98 of 331

Jump to: