myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 293, 294, 295 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
Hilarious how none of the left wing cunts in the media are talking about the Dayton shooter...Oh that's right he was a rabid lefty....sick mofo's

because he was a gun wacko, that puts him leaning on right wing virtues. he was out at target ranges and so on, he was a hater no question of government. I believe that profiles him

https://news.yahoo.com/fbi-agents-reluctant-pursue-white-103543457.html

FBI agents are reluctant to pursue white nationalist extremists because they don't want to target Trump's base, former counterterrorism official says
INSIDER INSIDER•August 5, 20192,729 Comments

Quote:

A former FBI counterterrorism agent, Dave Gomez, told The Washington Post he thought that a fear of being seen as targeting President Donald Trump's base was muting the agency's response to violence by white nationalists.

"There's some reluctance among agents to bring forth an investigation that targets what the president perceives as his base," Gomez told the publication.

The comments followed an attack on Saturday by a gunman at a Walmart in El Paso, Texas, that the FBI is treating as a domestic terrorism incident.

Investigators have said the gunman left a racist manifesto on the messaging board 8chan ahead of the attack.

Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

FBI agents are hesitant to investigate white nationalist extremists because they don't want to be seen as pursuing investigations against President Donald Trump's base, a former FBI counterterrorism agent told The Washington Post.

The former agent, Dave Gomez, said he believes that FBI Director Christopher Wray "is an honorable man, but I think in many ways the FBI is hamstrung in trying to investigate the white supremacist movement like the old FBI would."

"There's some reluctance among agents to bring forth an investigation that targets what the president perceives as his base," Gomez said. "It's a no-win situation for the FBI agent or supervisor."

hhttps://edition.cnn.com/2019/08/05/us/connor-betts-dayton-shooting-profile/index.html

Quote:
The most recent tweet on the @iamthespookster account was on August 3, the day of the shooting, when he retweeted a post saying, "Millenials have a message for the Joe Biden generation: hurry up and die."

they say his home had targets both liberal as well as right wing political organizations.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fbi-investigating-violent-ideologies-dayton-shooter-n1039771

Quote:
six of the nine victims were African Americans,

techno900

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggs said:
Quote:
Just throwing our hands up, and saying something is not possible is not the American way.

I don't think I am or was "throwing my hands up". Just stating the obvious regarding some of the issues.

Gun crimes have been on the decline nation wide since 1990's, in New York too before the new NYC gun laws were put into effect.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we can do more than most think is possible... We can change the culture of violence, and guns, and put all solutions on the table. Its infuriating to me that over 80% of Americans want expanded background checks, but the NRA wont allow Mitch McConnell to put it to a vote!!! That's insanity...
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
I think we can do more than most think is possible... We can change the culture of violence, and guns, and put all solutions on the table. Its infuriating to me that over 80% of Americans want expanded background checks, but the NRA wont allow Mitch McConnell to put it to a vote!!! That's insanity...

I'd vote to send everyone to church. That would be a start.
vientomas

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

A mosque is considered a church. You good with that? Or, must it be a church of your god? If so, you really don't want to unify people. You want everyone to be like you. That's the problem, not the solution.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

A start would be making it more difficult for a young lunatic who has NO business owning a firearm, buying one. You OK w that?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

A start would be making it more difficult for a young lunatic who has NO business owning a firearm, buying one. You OK w that?

I think there is some common ground. It must be reasonable though.

Common sense is missing. I believe one easy step would be to revoke gun makers immunity from liability unless they offer anyone under 30 a gun safety course. Not allow dudes with rape lists or violent rhetoric or history to buy without a 1 or 2 year wait.

HOWEVER, they should allow for a universal CCW for well qualified and trained people.
techno900

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malibuGuru said:
Quote:
I believe one easy step would be to revoke gun makers immunity from liability

Then I guess car & knife manufactures could also be liable if they are used for murder. Not apples to apples, but similar logic. Regardless, that type of liability will never happen, not that some politicians would try to make it happen.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Animal pounds are required to neuter dogs passing through their system to prevent unwanted offspring (never mind the grave and life-shortening harm done to mammals neutered before about their second birthday). Why not neuter human biological fathers who abandon their offspring? The statistics on fatherless children and their behavior are absolutely mind-blowing.

Oh, but that would be RaCIsT because of those statistics!
mac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone, right and left, ignored the sad fact that agent orange made it easier for the mentally ill to get and keep guns.

Of course whacky Malibu, in the face of more than a dozen mass shootings by white nationalists in the past decade, gets his panties all wet because the Dayton shooter—diagnosed with a mental health issue—registered as a Democrat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 293, 294, 295 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 294 of 331

Jump to: