myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW30, I don't know if it dawned on you yet, but an executive decision and order relating to gun control could actually be a pretty smart move on the Obama Administration's part. We all know that Representatives and Senators in Congress have often been hamstrung by the NRA and others when it comes to enacting gun control. Much the same scenario with Grover Norquist and increasing taxes. Moreover, with the Citizen United decision from the Supreme Court, gun manufactures and major retailers can attack those in Congress that support any kind of gun control in the next election cycle.

As we all know, President Obama is not encumbered at all by the lobbying and money influences fighting sensible gun control. As pointed out in the article you posted, there are very likely some major areas where the Executive Branch cannot act unilaterally, but if some reasonable controls and regulations can be implemented, I think that it would represent a needed improvement over the questionable state of things as they stand now.

Nobody is going to overthrow the 2nd Amendment banning gun ownership, so let's view the situation in a reasonable light. The focus of gun control needs to be on weaponry, magazines and other things (automatic conversions) that are designed solely for killing humans. On top of that, practical regulations such as background checks and gun registration need to be put in place. I don't doubt for a second that the majority of police organizations nationwide would stand behind sensible controls. Sure, off-the-top kooks like isobars will scream bloody murder and predict the fall of civilization, but I could give a crap what they think.

NW30, as I recollect, you don't own any weapons. Neither do I. If anything can be construed from that, I believe that we're not always fearful for our lives on a daily basis. I pity those folks that live in fear all the time looking over their shoulder and suspicious of those around them. So much of life is about attitude and thinking positively. Now, there are many folks that have an interest in hunting and sport shooting, and personally I don't have any problem with those activities. Moreover, I really don't have any problem with folks that want to own a handgun or rifle to protect their home and family. However, when it comes to those that want to take their weaponry out on the street, that worries me. You know that in the back of their mind, they're always thinking and fantasizing about using that weapon.
jp5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said SW.
windoggi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed also, chandler. I too, could give a crap what they think. And yes, I believe they are just waiting, praying, to righteously pop a cap in some punks ass. Or in iso's case, a mean tomcat.
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:

NW30, as I recollect, you don't own any weapons. Neither do I. If anything can be construed from that, I believe that we're not always fearful for our lives on a daily basis. I pity those folks that live in fear all the time looking over their shoulder and suspicious of those around them. So much of life is about attitude and thinking positively. Now, there are many folks that have an interest in hunting and sport shooting, and personally I don't have any problem with those activities. Moreover, I really don't have any problem with folks that want to own a handgun or rifle to protect their home and family. However, when it comes to those that want to take their weaponry out on the street, that worries me. You know that in the back of their mind, they're always thinking and fantasizing about using that weapon.

I'm pretty I said "guns" or "firearms", but I do own weapons, all different kinds of weapons, probably just like you do.
But I don't have to be a legal gun owner to see that they are unfairly being picked on for something that they didn't do.
I also feel the same for the poor cigarette smoker, always have, and I don't even smoke.
In the words of the brilliant Eric Holder, "people should be ashamed to own guns, just the way that cigarette smokers now "cower outside of buildings" to smoke".
FarLeft

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
She NEEDED more bullets. Many of the pistols flying off the shelves have clips holding 15-20 bullets, and are more powerful than that lady’s .38. Let’s hope they save far more good lives than they waste.

It's CARTRIDGES, not bullets... and MAGAZINES not clips. If I was addressing an 8 year old who was giving her first book report, or some glossy-lipped bimbo "news correspondent" on FOX/MSNBC/CNN/etc I wouldn't bother bringing it up. But you maintain you're someone with enough knowledge and experience to carry concealed? Not to mention a veteran? Your brain is either rotting or you're a total fraud. Come to think of it, most of your "gun advice" is pretty much in-line with your windsurfing recommendations.... as in WTF?!? On top of that, you tell me to "do my homework" and then send me an article written by some f'ing cherry that hunts game animals with .22 caliber full metal jacket?

IT'S THE FRINGE MORONS LIKE YOU AND THAT DOUCHE-BAG THAT GIVE THE OTHER 99% OF RESPONSIBLE GUN NUTS A BAD NAME!!!
pueno

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FarLeft wrote:

IT'S THE FRINGE MORONS LIKE YOU AND THAT DOUCHE-BAG THAT GIVE THE OTHER 99% OF RESPONSIBLE GUN NUTS A BAD NAME!!!

WAIT!!

Are you saying that Mikey's part of the 1 percent?

Oh, noooooooo..........

keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iso has posted that he lives for the moments that he can annoy a liberal.
Just in case anyone wasn't here for that post.
windoggi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you change annoy to amuse, then his life has not been wasted.
dllee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cartridges = rounds= bullets.
Clips = magazines.
Arm the kids, not the greenpeace teachers.
FarLeft

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
Iso has posted that he lives for the moments that he can annoy a liberal.

And that's fine. Some people get off on being politically annoying vs debating policies. Ann Coulter, Rachel Maddow, Glenn Beck, Tavis Smiley all come to mind as examples of the former.

With Isobars, it's not so much being politically annoying... rather it's more like listening to someone claiming to be a poet, yet they haven't quite mastered the entire alphabet. And they DETEST at least half of those vowels.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 27 of 331

Jump to: