myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 258, 259, 260 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started this thread after the Sandy Hook shootings, with this conclusion:

Quote:
It is not so simple a world and I cannot think that regulating guns will stop gun homicides. In the world of crime and drugs, there will continue to be killings over drug territory and disrespect. The rate of murder, by whatever means, will not diminish dramatically in the United States without cultural change. But that doesn't mean that restricting the availability of rapid-fire weapons, particularly to those with mental health issues, would not reduce the number of killings.

I too weep for the loss of life and the loss of innocence among not just the children in Newton Connecticut, but among children throughout this country. It is time to stand up to gun nuts and the violent on the right wing that threaten violence.

NW instantly objected to "the violent on the right wing that threaten violence." Since 2012, those threats have become more regular--and are closely aligned with Trumpism. Trump's frank appeals to violence during his campaign rallies, the assaults that occurred in those rallies, the assault by, and subsequent election of Gianforte in Montana, Limbaugh's support for the assault on Gianforte, the fact that Gianforte received $116,000 the day after he assaulted a reporter, Charlottesville, the man wearing a Donald Trump hat, carrying a weapon, who stood in front of the polls in Loudoun County, Virginia, intimidating voters, the ten men with assault weapons and Kevlar vests who stood outside the meeting of the City Council in San Antonio, Texas when they met to debate removing a Confederate monument, and the hundreds of supporters of Confederate monuments, many armed, who appeared at Hermann Park in Houston all show the overt threats.

But one of the threads of the right--that somehow assault weapons like A-15's--are protected by the Second Amendment, is dead wrong. No surprise that the far right relies on talking points from propaganda sites rather than actually reading what the courts have said. In case you want to know, here it is:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/02/22/does-the-second-amendment-really-protect-assault-weapons-four-courts-have-said-no/?undefined=&utm_term=.176aa4e957ab&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
bluefish1 wrote:
So let me get this straight.

An armed fucking guard, who's trained at this, upon hearing crazy machine gun fire in the school, was scared shitless enough to do nothing but freeze in place for 4 minutes crapping in his pants, not knowing what he was up against, but Mrs. McDougal, a 60 year old 5th grades social studies teacher, is expected to drop her chalk, pull her little handgun from the locked drawer (bad idea right there), or purse (another bad storage area), run into battle with her hand gun and save the day against possible multiple AK-47's blasting right down the hall at her? This is a great plan.

Hey if it's a fair fight, why not give Mrs. McDougal an AK-47 as well? It would be virtually impossible for any collateral damage and it will work because she's been trained. More guns goddamnit! Bigger guns! AK-47's for everyone! A fantastic plan Trump!

You guys are truly fucking idiots.

The guy was a coward. He's been fired. You know nothing of bravery. You'd probably do the same, while listening to children die. I wouldn't.

Have you ever saved someone's life and put yourself in danger doing it? Or, are you just guessing? You don't "decide" this ahead of time. You just react and you might not even know you are capable of the actions that you take. Just like you don't know if you will freeze for even a moment to try and decide what to do and loose the opportunity to act.

I don't freeze. I've saved a few lives under pressure. Been shot at. Been robbed at gunpoint 3 times. (Was a bank teller in college)

There are a lot of guys like me, and a lot of cowards.

PS, I saw An interesting demonstration On a fully automated system that would disable any gunman inside of a school without human contact. It was real time connection to the police department dispatch who could automatically send gas and mace through the hallways to disable a gunman. It would also automatically lock all the doors in the classrooms immediately, and digitally guide armed teacher to gunman.

Very impressive.

Add this feature to better entry system for students, and it's a win.

did you see George Bush in a classroom full of kids when he was told directly, the united states is under attack? He froze, he had no idea what was being attacked or if it was nuclear weapons that in a few minutes could have been the end of the USA. He just froze when told we are under attack. I have friends that have been to war zones and they said it happens to many initially, they recognize the blank look in him.

What was it in the old Vietnam days 9 out of 10 people in the military had never used a weapon or in direct combat. Ya I remember a vet calling in the ed shultz show saing that he felt that his service was not respectable when they were going after Kerry who signed up for a second tour to be a swiftboater. This Vet said he started in the navy filly the vending machines on an aircraft carrier out in Vietnam and was later promoted to supervise the people who filled the vending machines, and he did that his entire commitment. So right-wing haters is a honorable person in your right wing hate book of hate.

wsurfer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject: Fork You Reply with quote

Just found out last night that a good friend of mine took his life with a handgun.
Never really knew he even owned one.
Really good guy but had failing health and suffered from SAD (as a lot of people do up north).

Handguns were made for killing
Ain't no good for nothin' else
And if you like to drink your whiskey
You might even shoot yerself
So why don't we dump 'em people
To the bottom of the sea
Before some ol' fool come around here
Wanna shoot either you or me

I really just can't understand it.

So fork you to all the gun loving' mother f'rs.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Fork You Reply with quote

wsurfer wrote:
Just found out last night that a good friend of mine took his life with a handgun.
Really good guy but had failing health and suffered from SAD (as a lot of people do up north).

To the bottom of the sea

I knew a guy in Europe. They don't have guns. So he used a car. Don't you own a car? Far more deadly than guns...
wsurfer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: Fork You Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
wsurfer wrote:

To the bottom of the sea

I knew a guy in Europe. They don't have guns. So he used a car. Don't you own a car? Far more deadly than guns...

Malibu Barbie to the rescue. Go smoke some of that good shite they have out there.
You are clueless, sorry to say Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Oh, I forgot to say F U you insensitive mother F'er Exclamation Exclamation
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: Fork You Reply with quote

wsurfer wrote:

How to convince people and win debates, right there.
SMH Rolling Eyes
wsurfer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: Fork You Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
wsurfer wrote:

How to convince people and win debates, right there.
SMH Rolling Eyes

Not really trying to WIN anything, that's the Donald's territory!
Just trying to state the plain and simple truth.
Deal with it if you may
Exclamation Exclamation
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wsurfer

Sorry about your friend. Suicide is so hard on the survivors. Mental illness is real and it can be fatal. Often it is. Those that suffer often do in silence because of the prejudices we have.

Take care.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to take away 300,000,000 guns is mentally ill. So is Delta airlines

Delta airlines lost a major tax break over ending discount fares for NRA members and it is now reported that they had only sold the reduced fare tickets 13 times.
In other words, Delta lost a $40 million plus tax break to end a fare it almost never issued.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be nice if they took their 35,000 workers out of Georgia. Fuck em.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 258, 259, 260 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 259 of 331

Jump to: