myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 256, 257, 258 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nazi-Poster-Coward wrote:
The obvious solution is just to hand out free bullet proof vests. The liberals should be in line with anything that involves - "free".

No. Everyone in America should just be given an AR15. This would be awesome. Crime would plummet to near zero.

Think about it. No more home invasions, no more plastics in our oceans (shoot those who pollute) no fear when a riot breaks out (cops just shoot the armed rioters).... win win.
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

real-human wrote:

F you,

Hopefully someday very soon you will get booted from this site.
jp5

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Protect the 2nd amendment or lose the first.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one of the best speeches I've heard in decades. It's almost the only thing on TV I've taken the time to just watch in months. I generally agree with every sentence, even the small handful that sound over the top at first blush. Furthermore, I can't respect people who oppose his message. We see every day -- from Washington, DC to every news program (guests on Fox, news anchors everywhere else) to this forum -- the people and behavior the speaker is justifiably warning us about. In the Capitol Building, it's people who want to overthrow the Constitution and deny American citizens MANY basic rights; in this forum it's people who try to silence opposing views and dictate how others windsurf.

You may want to double the playback speed; it runs 36 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un2Bh8eYrPE
J64TWB

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let me get this straight.

An armed fucking guard, who's trained at this, upon hearing crazy machine gun fire in the school, was scared shitless enough to do nothing but freeze in place for 4 minutes crapping in his pants, not knowing what he was up against, but Mrs. McDougal, a 60 year old 5th grades social studies teacher, is expected to drop her chalk, pull her little handgun from the locked drawer (bad idea right there), or purse (another bad storage area), run into battle with her hand gun and save the day against possible multiple AK-47's blasting right down the hall at her? This is a great plan.

Hey if it's a fair fight, why not give Mrs. McDougal an AK-47 as well? It would be virtually impossible for any collateral damage and it will work because she's been trained. More guns goddamnit! Bigger guns! AK-47's for everyone! A fantastic plan Trump!

You guys are truly fucking idiots.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sandy Hook shootings broke my heart. I have spent nearly 13 years volunteering in kindergarten through fifth grade; the idea that someone was sick enough to shoot children of this age, and the GOP heartless enough to do nothing made me despairing about the ability of our society to do anything about it. So I'm a bit surprised to see some traction with the murders of older kids. But it is a combination of true belief from people who can ignore evidence (the right wing tin foil brigade), cowards, and those deeply cynical who are willing to take NRA money because they fear they will be defeated if they vote for any kind of gun control.

Trump's cowardice and dishonesty is amply illustrated by the White House's refusal to release photos of his signing of a bill to make it easier for the mentally ill to get guns. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43088644

Of course he was willing to take $21 million in NRA campaign funds, and reward them with measures that will sell more guns--and create more NRA members. Of course, despite all of his "thoughts and prayers", he has proposed cuts to schools and mental health treatment.

In this he is not alone, here is a list of the NRA dirty boys and girls:
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/lawmakers-nra-money/story?id=53230001

Quote:
During just the 2016 election cycle, the NRA spent $54 million in the presidential and congressional races, nearly $20 million of which went to attacking Democrat Hillary Clinton and more than $11 million to support Republican Donald Trump. In 2008 and 2012, the group had spent $18 million opposing Democrat Barack Obama and $10 million supporting Republicans John McCain and Mitt Romney.

A NRA spokesperson said the group spends money in elections on behalf of its five million members across America to defend their constitutional right to own guns.

In the past 15 years, the pro-gun group has spent a total of more than $132 million on ads supporting or opposing presidential or congressional candidates.

How much of that came from Russia is not yet clear--but probably will be.

But the problem is also cultural and tribal, and I continue to despair of any meaningful reforms that will reduce the death toll. America continues to embrace a cowboy culture, where fools will argue that open carry will reduce, not increase violence. Madness. Those on the right here and Trump gave nods of approval to gun carrying right wingers who have showed up, not just do defend statues of confederate leaders, but at City councils considering the future of such displays in public parks--and at Trump rallies. The threat, and the support of the right for such threats, is clear.

But I cannot let voters off the hook either. The right wing has used two wedge issues--guns and abortion--to galvanize and discipline conservatives who are now driven more by social issues than fiscal issues. It is no surprise that Kelly responded to complaints about the lack of movement on gun control with tweets about abortions. The far right will vote for conservatives as long as they promise them a Supreme Court that will overturn Roe v. Wade and protect gun ownership. The Supreme Court and McConnell have heard them. The vast majority of the population supports both abortion and regulation of guns--but they don't vote strictly on that issue. The far right does. They will tolerate utter corruption, even treason, by Trump and his band of thieves, as long as they are promised these two things. Until voter behavior changes, progress is impossible.

It is, sadly, fear of the single-issue voter that has pushed the GOP so far to the right that it is unrecognizable to those who considered themselves conservatives or moderates in the 1980's and 1990's. It has killed the GOP in California. I hope that is a trend.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t usually agree with Ronald Reagan, but he nailed thus:
J64TWB

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So according to Trump, we must ban all cartoon animations of a guns because they are killing us. Its not the fact that anyone can go to Walmart and buy a dozen REAL AK-47's with large capacity rounds! No fake guns and cartoons of guns are the real threat.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluefish1 wrote:
So let me get this straight.

An armed fucking guard, who's trained at this, upon hearing crazy machine gun fire in the school, was scared shitless enough to do nothing but freeze in place for 4 minutes crapping in his pants, not knowing what he was up against, but Mrs. McDougal, a 60 year old 5th grades social studies teacher, is expected to drop her chalk, pull her little handgun from the locked drawer (bad idea right there), or purse (another bad storage area), run into battle with her hand gun and save the day against possible multiple AK-47's blasting right down the hall at her? This is a great plan.

Hey if it's a fair fight, why not give Mrs. McDougal an AK-47 as well? It would be virtually impossible for any collateral damage and it will work because she's been trained. More guns goddamnit! Bigger guns! AK-47's for everyone! A fantastic plan Trump!

You guys are truly fucking idiots.

The guy was a coward. He's been fired. You know nothing of bravery. You'd probably do the same, while listening to children die. I wouldn't.
jp5

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"So let me get this straight."

Liberals expect us NOT to judge all Muslims because of the actions of a few lunatics yet we are EXPECTED to judge all gun owners because of the actions of a few lunatics. Rolling Eyes

"Its not the fact that anyone can go to Walmart and buy a dozen REAL AK-47's with large capacity rounds! " - No Bluefish, you having proven yourself to be the fucking idiot. Right up there with bean brain Dean.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 256, 257, 258 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 257 of 331

Jump to: