myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 233, 234, 235 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techno900

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trips across the boarder come after the new law begins in 2017.
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Baja said in February:
Quote:
I have said it before, I believe every american if they want should have a weapon/gun of the vintage 1776 at home or be able to carry it with them. Unless they have any record of domestic violence at all, violent criminal history, or threats to others at all, and or mental health issues.

If you want anything more powerful or newer than what the founders had, it must remain in a armory at all times and can not be brought out of there except to defend the nation.

An armory would be more of a gun club with shooting ranges, and probably all existing shooting ranges would qualify. The owner of any armory is liable if any gun is removed and they do not notify the authorities right away for any crime. To be licensed to run an armory you can not have any violent criminal background or issues of domestic violence in your past, you must carry insurance. and a few other regs to make sure a homeowner is not a self declared armory.

I guess I wasn't clear with my "single shot gun" post, while you were responding to me regarding MalibuGuru's post about "Ten rounds is not enough to take down a couple of dudes beating your wife at 50 yards.", which didn't make any sense to me since it wasn't my post.

I was trying to get you to elaborate on the above post about single shot long guns for Americans and just how you would achieve the removal or storage of 270 million guns and probably 50 million more that are not known to exist, such as the ones that the bad guys have. If it were possible, which it is not, then only the bad guys would have the "real" guns.

While the left denies that they are for gun confiscation, California seems to be chipping away at it, a little at a time. The back door process is the law about buying ammunition, so the "government" will have records about all gun owners even if no previous record existed, assuming gun owners comply with the law and don't drive to an adjoining state to by ammunition -violating the law. I bet ammunition sales are currently going through the roof, before 2017 arrives. If I was a gun owner in Calif. I would be stocking up now for a lifetime of ammunition.

quick calculation each weapon 270 million declared in a storage case about 3 cubic feet average. a box the size of a walmart is roughly 800,000 cubic feet. that would be the equivalent space of 1000 walmart's if packed full, so about 2000-3k walmarts in total space. there are about 5000 walmarts in the USA.

I did not say you get to store them for free, so quite a lucrative business for the gun club/NRA. Only place to buy ammo is at the gun club and there would be a metal detector to prevent removal.

BTW there are records of all people who drive cars even if there is no criminal record, whats the big deal.

MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about that silly constitution....
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:

ya everyone should be allowed to have grenades, shoulder launch missiles, biological, chemical and nuclear weapons. Those are the only one effective at stopping a government. I am sure the founders envisioned those.

so lets see you can have what they had when they wrote the constitution. and as many of them as you want. anything else stays in an armory/gun shop locked up and insured there.

isobars

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:

They don't, because they are clueless as to its most basic purpose ... even before it addresses the little details like checks and balances and power distribution and all that.
techno900

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Baja would have to be President before his plan would be considered by any normal person. And then it would be totally rejected.
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something that was sent to me, but I don't know if the numbers are correct or not.

Quote:
             America's Hunters

Pretty Amazing! 

A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion: There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin...

Allow me to restate that number: 600,000!                

Over the last several months, Wisconsin 's hunters became the 8th largest army in the world.  (That's more men under arms than in Iran. More than France and Germany combined.)       

These men, deployed to the woods of a single American state, Wisconsin, to hunt with firearms, And NO ONE WAS KILLED.   

That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania's and Michigan's 700,000 hunters, 
ALL OF WHOM HAVE RETURNED HOME SAFELY.   

Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia, and it literally establishes the fact that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.  And then add in the total number of hunters in the other 46 states. It's millions more. 

________ The point? ________   

America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower! Hunting... it's not just a way to fill the freezer.  

It's also a matter of national security.   

That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.   Food for thought, when next we consider gun control.  Overall it's true, so if we disregard some assumptions that hunters don't possess the same skills as soldiers, the question would still remain...What army of 2 million would want to face 30 million, 40 million, or 50 million armed citizens??? 

For the sake of our freedom, don't ever allow gun control or confiscation of guns.   

I should add that I am not concerned about the confiscation of hunting rifles. Regardless of the desire of SOME on the left to confiscate firearms, it just isn't feasible.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, some hunters possess greater skills than the average military personnel. The elite military units are different from the average potato peeler.

Our future will be controlled by robotics, drones, cameras, and AI. Get ready for that.
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
Actually, some hunters possess greater skills than the average military personnel. The elite military units are different from the average potato peeler.

Our future will be controlled by robotics, drones, cameras, and AI. Get ready for that.

was Issil (Iso) a potato peeler....

BTW my brother is/was a regular Grunt who volunteered not a elite military unit. He was also a sniper for the marines though he did not sign up for that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 233, 234, 235 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 234 of 331

Jump to: