myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 224, 225, 226 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mat-ty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not about Muslims its about RADICAL MUSLIMS.
So if the vast majority are peaceful which Obama claims and I hope is true, then we should greatly out number them...
And the peaceful Muslims need to help us....now!
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....and moderate Muslims who are quietly trying to achieve reforms within their faith to reduce this type of radicalism, don't need to be constantly undermined by pious politicians and their flunkies who repeatedly bleat that this is nothing to do with Islam. It is.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
bluefish1 wrote:
Identify the solution gybe.
I have laid out a clear strategy previously. Look it up.

IMO, Close the borders to Sharia practitioners.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
This is not about Muslims its about RADICAL MUSLIMS.
So if the vast majority are peaceful which Obama claims and I hope is true, then we should greatly out number them...
And the peaceful Muslims need to help us....now!

The vast majority are peaceful, but that doesn't mean they are good, just unwilling to blow themselves up.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offer me a credible solution gybe.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you have nothing to offer other than "Get used to it", I'll humor you. This is what I posted last November when it was revealed that the Obama Administration was not permitting our Air Force to attack ISIS convoys carrying the crude oil which provides much of their revenue

mrgybe wrote:
Who is suggesting a large scale invasion? Intense strikes on their oil revenues, on their training camps and on their leadership/ command and control facilities will neuter them. Those are not large scale operations. Most cannot be achieved from 35,000 feet.

If the Administration had done this from the outset, with a residual force in place in Iraq, ISIS would have been closer to Boggsy's expert assessment of them.......a bunch of poorly organized malcontents roaming the desert in used Toyota pick ups, or the President's "J/V team". Now we have a worldwide problem on our hands, as predicted and sneering dismissed here.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, it's all President Obama's fault? You know that Muslims terrorists have been dedicated to spreading death and destruction all over the planet for decades, but you conveniently ignore the truth. We could wipe ISIS off the face of the earth, but Muslim terrorists will still be almost everywhere doing unthinkable things. Pretty soon Obama's presidency will be over. Who will you blame after that?

Actually, there is a lot of truth to bluefish's statements. Muslim terrorists have become like a deadly disease that can happen almost anywhere. It's arguably impossible to rid the world of such a terrible plague. I'm beginning to wonder what's going to happen in response to such terrorism and destruction. Already untoward commentary from the likes of Donald Trump and Newt Gingrich is coldly revealing how un-American we can be, and this kind of backlash is only beginning to raise its head.

Last edited by swchandler on Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
mac

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A blithe comment from gybe ignores what has actually been done. Drone strikes have steadily taken a toll on terrorist leadership and training efforts. Our understanding of the effectiveness of those efforts is constrained by the secrecy that surrounds them. It clearly hasn't ended terrorism, which is much worse in Iraq and Syria than anywhere else. But I am not yet convinced that it has not been at least somewhat effective. I fail to find mrgybe's simplistic military suggestions compelling.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with some of what you said gybe, but blaming in the past tense is dysfunctional. Yesterday is gone with plenty of blame to go around.

Let me hear some credible solutions.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluefish1 wrote:
I agree with some of what you said gybe, but blaming in the past tense is dysfunctional. Yesterday is gone with plenty of blame to go around.

Let me hear some credible solutions.

Unless you're blaming Bush, right?

Let's hear some of your solutions, other than ignoring the issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 224, 225, 226 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 225 of 331

Jump to: