myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 204, 205, 206 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baja said:
Quote:
your logic " a consevative says, I do not like

a liberal says I do not think slavery is moral, so I am not going to own one.

A conservative says that is not going to stop me from owning one..... and/or flying the flag of hate either for that matter.

what a stupid analysis by you as shown........I can go on an on with examples how stupid it was if you wish.. did you come up with that yourself or copy and paste it from some stupid hate site?

When it comes to rebuttals, this one needs some serious help.

jpbassman said:
Quote:
Here is the fundamental difference between liberal and conservative:

A conservative says "I don't like guns so I am not going to own one".

A liberal says "I don't like guns so no one should own one".

Exactly! But Baja would add: If you have a gun, you are required to go to a federal armory and turn it in for safe keeping until the country is attacked by a foreign element.

Good luck on selling that idea.............................
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
.folks don't like being told what to do by those on the outside fringes of the political spectrum...either end.

Hear, hear! For decades I've opined that the main purpose of both fringes is to more clearly define the limits of sanity between which the world should operate. We thus welcomed the loons constantly picketing outside the gates of my last Air Force base, which was home to many thousands of people involved in a wide variety of high-tech weapons research, maintenance, and storage. We reminded picketers that if it weren't for us, they would be shot or beheaded on sight for speaking their minds.

Last edited by isobars on Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
baja said:
Quote:
your logic " a consevative says, I do not like

a liberal says I do not think slavery is moral, so I am not going to own one.

A conservative says that is not going to stop me from owning one..... and/or flying the flag of hate either for that matter.

what a stupid analysis by you as shown........I can go on an on with examples how stupid it was if you wish.. did you come up with that yourself or copy and paste it from some stupid hate site?

When it comes to rebuttals, this one needs some serious help.

jpbassman said:
Quote:

Exactly! But Baja would add: If you have a gun, you are required to go to a federal armory and turn it in for safe keeping until the country is attacked by a foreign element.

Good luck on selling that idea.............................

nope did not say federal armory... show me where I said that. and I said you can have as many long guns and flint guns as you please in your home, 500 for all I care. I just do not believe the founders intent or envisioned when they wrote the constitution that people could own weapons of mass destruction. And again as I noted it appears that only the top 10% could afford a long gun. IE one years of wages to own one certainly takes it out of the ordinary citizens grasp.

again what did the founders intend when only the rich could afford a state of the art weapon back then.

an armory would be basically a gun club as I outlined. There would be lots of them. Run by a club owner who would be legally responsible for reporting any guns missing that day.

J64TWB

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

[/quote]

Unless your a Sandy Hook parent who says "I don't like guns and I don't like them mowing down me or my kids".

The way I look at it is...

"I have the right not to get shot".

"My kids have the right not to get shot".

"The people I love have the right not to get shot".

Sorry JP you got it wrong.
techno900

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluefish1,

I agree with the way you look at it, but what is your solution for not getting shot.

Hopefully, not private armories. And for Baja's benefit, I wonder how or why any citizen that owns a gun would willingly go to a "gun club armory" to turn in or store their weapons.

Liberals don't seem to acknowledge reality. I have no issue with anyone supporting their believes with rational, realistic solutions, but so far, most of what I see is Fantasy Land regarding guns.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno--you are making up stuff about "liberals" again. Leaving a few on the extreme aside, most liberals accept as law the Supreme Court decision that ignored the phrase in the Second Amendment "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State" and extended the right to be an individual right not associated with a well regulated militia. (Would that the right accepted Roe v. Wade.) So the issue, in law, becomes what reasonable gun regulations will pass constitutional muster and reduce deaths. The far right takes extreme positions that are not popularly supported such as no regulation is constitutional, and nothing should be done unless it eliminates deaths. Congress cowers in fear to the NRA.

In order to dramatically reduce the number of deaths by gunfire we would need to 1) change the US culture so that it is neither as violent nor as prone to "get off my lawn" moments. I'm not holding my breath. 2) address poverty in a more effective way. 3) Recognize and treat, without stigma, mental illness. Remember that the most common death by gun is suicide.

Research and addressing the most treatable causes is the first step. Only a handful of Republicans in Congress support that.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
I wonder how or why any citizen that owns a gun would willingly go to a "gun club armory" to turn in or store their weapons.

My only purpose for owning a gun is self-defense. Secure, let alone distant, storage is thus beyond senseless. Besides, like every other harsh gun control measure proposed in the U.S., that leaves only the criminals armed, giving them total control over law-abiding citizens' lives. Oddly enough, soldiers -- even those whose JOB is shooting bad guys -- who live on stateside military bases must do exactly that.

Thus the Fort Hood massacre.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isobars, mr get off my lawn, needs a gun for self defense.
techno900

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac said:
Quote:
In order to dramatically reduce the number of deaths by gunfire we would need to 1) change the US culture so that it is neither as violent nor as prone to "get off my lawn" moments. I'm not holding my breath. 2) address poverty in a more effective way. 3) Recognize and treat, without stigma, mental illness. Remember that the most common death by gun is suicide.

I would venture to guess that the vast majority of liberals and conservatives would support the three issues you state. However, I don't see how much, if any progress can be made to make any noticeable improve in these areas. At least not in the next 20 years. A pessimist? Sure, but I also deal in reality.
pointster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hope is that as the rate of gun ownership declines, having a gun will be seen as uncool, the province of pathetic, paranoid fetishists and Bambi-killing hicks, and people will donate the guns they inherit to museums as relics of a brutish bygone age, or send them to scrapyards to be melted down and made into plowshares.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/number-of-households-with-guns-on-the-decline-study-shows/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 204, 205, 206 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 205 of 331

Jump to: