myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windoggi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure he's loaded one THOUSANDS of times.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pueno--I agree completely. And I bet on Obama, because he can lead, and the cry baby is not even that effective at getting in the way. What happens if it actually comes to a vote is that a lot of Republicans, who resent the NRA's bullying ways, defect. Too many dead children and too many crazy white men to make the unrestricted sale of guns, without their drilling through a militia, a good idea.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rigitrite wrote:
the 2nd amendment needs to go.

Got ANY facts/data to support that?
Connecticut law already forbid everything that nut did; what good did it do?

My wife and I attended a free 2-hours general handgun seminar yesterday, taught by a 19-year SWAT officer who also competes nationally in rapid-fire competition ... alongside his wife and his very highly ranked 14-yo daughter. The 75-seat classroom was almost packed ... and they had to schedule 11 more such classes to meet the demand.

His messages were clear:
1. Compliance with four very basic rules will keep the vast majority of gun owners safe.
2. Police encourage the arming of rational, law-abiding, competent citizens who want to bear arms. It strongly tilts the playing field towards the good guys. The instructor told us he'd guarantee that there were several concealed weapons in the audience, and that that was fine by him, as he was unarmed.)
3. If you find the gun you want, you'd better snap it up now at any price. The demand is skyrocketing, the pipeline is overwhelmed, and no one knows how far the law may go in response to emotional overreaction by this administration (and its legislature, if they have any say in it). [Tip: Buy guns, not gold. There's no capital gains tax on guns sold by a private owner at a profit]
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rigitrite wrote:
Can you imagine a street gang shoot-out with muzzle-loaders?

Fine by me ... as long as the good guys have heavy, modern weaponry.
windoggi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
If you find the gun you want, you'd better snap it up now at any price.

Gun manufacturing companies appreciate your paranoia. They want you to stay scared and armed to the teeth.

keycocker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time there is a massacre the gun sellers, and trainers, tell everyone to rush out and buy guns before they disarm everybody in the next few days or months.
Have you ever heard anyone in the business of guns say
" Darn, we were wrong again for the twentieth time."
rigitrite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
rigitrite wrote:

Dead children, dead college students, dead parents, people like Isobars....that's facts enough for me.

Isobars, I wouldn't trust you with TV remote, much less lethal force at the push of a button.

isobars

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rigitrite wrote:
Dead children, dead college students, dead parents, people like Isobars....that's facts enough for me.

Isobars, I wouldn't trust you with TV remote, much less lethal force at the push of a button.

That's what we thought: you're OVERreacting emotionally, not thinking rationally, to media and forum propaganda of which you have no personal or factual knowledge.

Your rationale and fervor would save millions more lives if applied to automobiles, smoking, and obesity.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course chicken-hawk Isobars weighs in. Of course the master of threats and insults does both. And of course, he has the law completely wrong. If you go back to Bard's complaint about being robbed as a clerk, and having a gun in the car, and Iso claiming he should have used it. They both misunderstand the law as it was at the time.

I learned in high school, in the mid 1960's, that you are allowed to use force to protect your life (anywhere) and your property. But you are not allowed to use force disproportionately. So, for example, if you set up a gun in your garage to fire automatically if someone enters your garage--but you are not at risk, you have committed a crime. If Bard had used a gun while being robbed, under the reasonable fear that his life was at risk, he was acting in self defense. If, however, he went to get the gun and shot at the bank robber as he was fleeing, and killed him, he would be guilty of murder. The threat was gone, and neither Iso nor Bard are deputized. But I can well imagine, from what they have posted here, that they have paid no attention to the teachings of the law, or even high school civics classes.

Both are, however, Exhibits in the paranoid fantasies of angry why aging males that were so thoroughly repudiated in the last election.
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
rigitrite wrote:

Connecticut law already forbid everything that nut did; what good did it do?

My wife and I attended a free 2-hours general handgun seminar yesterday, taught by a 19-year SWAT officer who also competes nationally in rapid-fire competition ... alongside his wife and his very highly ranked 14-yo daughter. The 75-seat classroom was almost packed ... and they had to schedule 11 more such classes to meet the demand.

His messages were clear:
1. Compliance with four very basic rules will keep the vast majority of gun owners safe.
2. Police encourage the arming of rational, law-abiding, competent citizens who want to bear arms. It strongly tilts the playing field towards the good guys. The instructor told us he'd guarantee that there were several concealed weapons in the audience, and that that was fine by him, as he was unarmed.)
3. If you find the gun you want, you'd better snap it up now at any price. The demand is skyrocketing, the pipeline is overwhelmed, and no one knows how far the law may go in response to emotional overreaction by this administration (and its legislature, if they have any say in it). [Tip: Buy guns, not gold. There's no capital gains tax on guns sold by a private owner at a profit]

Mike, I hope you read this because your post adds room for respectable commentary.

I don't support removing the 2nd Amendment, but that a murderer broke the law is besides the point. I believe the idea behind most repeal efforts is not to ban all firearms but to effectively amend the 2nd Amendment to limit what firearms would be allowable, and this requires a new Amendment as one cannot amend an Amendment. In any case, attempting to connect the lack of enforcement of a prohibitive, criminal law to support a law of allowance (the 2nd Amendment) doesn't work logically. One does not lead to the other.

Most shooters employ firearms allowable under current 2nd Amendment jurisprudence (no murders by a nut dragging an anti-aircraft battery into a theater). The laws broken included modification of a semi-automatic weapon to fire continuously, using a gun that is unregistered at all, to them or otherwise owned by another, and using it to murder.

A proposed 28th Amendment that limits firearms without outright banning would at the very least prevent the importation, manufacture, distribution and sale of these firearms going forward. This would prove very effective at reducing the number of banned firearms over time.

I appreciate that you don't support this, but wished to clarify the missing logic in the "weak enforcement" argument. If a child keeps stabbing the dog with a sharp knife, parental decision to remove knife access from the child is the only sure way to prevent the child from using a knife on the dog. Simply trying to stop the kid before the stabbing would occur without removing the knife would be laughable.

What are the lecturer's four basic rules designed to keep gun owners safe? Your post didn't say.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 21 of 331

Jump to: