myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 161, 162, 163 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
stevenbard wrote:
Gas bombs, knives, cars, trucks, baseball bats, swords, karate, broken coke bottles, poison ...

So far the weapons I've personally witnessed being used to deliberately and criminally assault and/or batter someone include guns, automobiles, 18-wheelers, bottles, martial arts, one's own body (on skis and kites), kiteboards, and I'm sure more if I thought about it longer. Most of the victims escaped those particular encounters unscathed, but a) not all the perps did and b) how many of those perps injured or killed their next targets because they were not deeply discouraged or taken out of circulation the times I witnessed?

Wow! I think I had one legitimate threat in a road rage incident with some nut on a crotch rocket street bike. I called 911 and told him I'd be driving my truck over his pretty little bike if he didn't STFU and get out of my face. He packed it in, I reported his license to the 911 operator and an officer called me later to say he had been charge based upon the recorded 911 call. Imagine if we were all gun nuts.

The look on his face was priceless when I put my van in reverse.....I would have done just for the laugh.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A MC stalking or attacking a van or even a car? How does that work? What's the biker going to do ... ram the van at high speed?

Oh, yes ... I forgot; I know of many such incidents in the reverse scenario where the biker was the victim. Motorcyclists need defense mechanisms lest they become road kill, but while weapons are more easily accessed and used, their legal aftermath dulls the afterglow of taking care of business. There are many other ways a biker can make a four-wheeler or even an 18-wheeler wish he hadn't pressed an assault.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
A MC stalking or attacking a van or even a car? How does that work? What's the biker going to do ... ram the van at high speed?

The details....I was coming home from windsurfing to pick up daughters at gymnastics, bike comes up behind me fast, then he's not there, tailgating a van without windows, I think he's turned off / gone, come up to intersection where right lane to go straight veers around a left turn lane, I veer only to see last second that idiot is going to pass with inches between van and curb, I last second swerve to not pinch him against curve, he stops and then pulls around to my left side, starts asking if I was trying to run him over, I respond I thought he was gone, and didn't see him until last second. He insinuates I was trying to run him over, and I say he is just lucky I saw him the last second and he shouldn't do something so dangerous and then act belligerent about it to top it off. He starts with some idiotic talk and I respond with piss off and have a nice day, next time you might not be so lucky. He pulls ahead of me doing a wheel stand after shooting me the bird. He turns off on side street, and I think it's done with. Window down I hear a throttle crack and realize Rambo has a bone to pick. I'm not taking this to my daughter's gym so pull into plaza to see if my hunch is true. I wait and watch and lunatic parks middle of empty parking lot, leather jacket off and then approaches van. 911 call to catch it all on tape, and passers by to confirm. My only threat was to run his bike over if he even touched my van.......get the picture? Anyway, he got charged for his threats recorded, convenience store clerk confirm, dingbat had priors, everyone went home happy but him. See how that can work out, even without guns? Believe me, I'm not about to instigate on my way to pick up girls from gymnastic, nor with company name on van........it just don't make sense....just like thinking carrying a gun will make it all better. Besides, who wants to ruin a good post windsurfing stoke?
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So BB tell us what you think about the poll on the liberal site in the link you provided?
Any explanation for the results?
mac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happens more often than the NRA would like you to know:

Quote:
_ Daughter shot: ‍A ‍Virginia ‍deputy shot his 16-year-old daughter after mistaking her for an intruder, then crashed his car as he rushed her to the hospital, authorities said. The teenager was in stable condition Friday at ‍a Winchester hospital. ‍A security alarm sounded at 3:30 a.m. Tuesday at the home of Easton McDonald, ‍a sergeant with the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office. McDonald saw the dark shape of ‍a person advancing through the garage door and fired, authorities said. On the way to the hospital, Mc-Donald hit ‍a barricade. Emergency responders then took McDonald’s daughter to the hospital.

My father knew about this, and wouldn't have a gun in the house. Particularly after I found the bullets in my grandfather's house when I was about five...

I'm pretty sure the deputy rues having a gun in the house.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/user/511Tactical

Merry Christmas to all the lefty's... Laughing
mac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In return I will offer you season greetings. You see, I learned in seventh grade that some of my friends were Jewish and didn't celebrate Christmas. I also learned to make some effort to be sensitive to their feelings and their freedom of religion.

Some people are so crazy that they think respect for other religions is a war on Christmas. Of course, many of those will go to war on anything...
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A wish for a Merry Christmas, with a bit of humor, from the right.........a sanctimonious lecture in response from the left.

“Someone who is determinedly trying to show how good he or she is is likely to become an insufferable prig.” - N.T. Wright
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the most impressive shooting videos I've seen are of the guy who draws his [i]revolver, hits all 6 targets, and holsters his gun[/i] so fast that the whole sequence is almost invisible to the eye at normal speed. When he RELOADS HIS SIXGUN AND HITS 12 TARGETS observers think they saw him get off two shots ... except that all 12 widely spaced targets were hit. IIRC it takes him < 1 second for the former, little more for the latter.

Can you imagine the look on the face of the 13th guy in the gang attacking this guy? He wouldn't even be able to fire off even an expression, let alone his gun with any useful accuracy.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe knows prig.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 161, 162, 163 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 162 of 331

Jump to: