myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 158, 159, 160 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So countries like Canada and Australia don't have civil rights?
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I speak BB. His post meant... I can not name a single liberal who wants to disarm America but I am brainwashed into thinking there must be some.

Brainwashing is like that , you accept things that have no basis in fact and nothing in real life can help except medical treatment.BB can easily check by listing a few hundred folks who want all our guns but can't think of one.

I first heard "they " were taking our guns away in the early 60s in the store where we bought ammo. If I recall the issue, they made tommy guns illegal along with other ww2 weapons in private hands.
It was a lie. "They " didn't try to take our guns now for fifty years.
That lie is told by the NRA so often that even educated folks repeat it these days.
Every time the NRA spends a few million telling that lie, like after a massacre, gun sales go through the roof.
Lot of easily manipulated talk radio victims out there.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Please explain how unilateral disarmament of the good guys, whether it's the U.S. nuclear arsenal or citizens' personal weapons, makes ANY sense whatsoever.

nw30 wrote:
He can't

Ahem.
nw30

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
youwindsurf wrote:
beaglebuddy wrote:
So if in the future they are able to take all our guns away like they want to do, imagine all the far over reaching legislation that will follow, imagine all the micro managing of our lives they will force upon us. The abuse of power will make the obama administration look like libertarians.

Who are the "they" that want to take all of the guns away? Got any names and quotes?

You can add my name to that list. Not practical but fits my perfect ideal.

Do you think that you have a snowball's chance in hell of achieving your "perfect ideal", aka Nirvana, in any country, including your own?
All we can do is deal with reality, it sucks, I know, but the cards were dealt loooooong before any of us were born.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:

You can add my name to that list. Not practical but fits my perfect ideal.

nw30 wrote:
Do you think that you have a snowball's chance in hell of achieving your "perfect ideal", aka Nirvana, in any country, including your own?

No I don't, that is why I prefaced my statements with "not practical". My other ideals include no alcohol, no drugs, no sex before marriage,.....you get the idea, but apparently I can't even meet my own ideals. I can strive for that, but not when I have society telling me, "go ahead, it's fine, everyone else is doing it." OR, in the case of the NRA, brain washing people with fear mongering about the tyrannical government out to get them, or the removal of "civil rights"
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Belize did it for hundreds of years before being poisoned by the NRA.
Japan greatly limits guns. Smaller countries do it all over the globe.
I agree with RR that the NRA is a criminal group whose main function is bribing pols.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
I have society telling me, "go ahead, it's fine, everyone else is doing it."

That's no excuse to violate our own morals; they can go to hell.

reinerehlers wrote:
OR, in the case of the NRA, brain washing people with fear mongering about the tyrannical government out to get them, or the removal of "civil rights"

I'm much more concerned about criminals -- and you'd better believe I support my right to defend myself against them -- than about tyranny. That tyranny crap is a left wing red herring only a handful of neonazis worry about.

If you don't like our laws and rights, live in Canada. Oh, that's right; you do. So what what gives you the right to tell us so vehemently how to run our country?
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still waiting for names and quotes from BB.

Ain't got none? You have no credibility. Everything you say from here forward will forever be tainted with your abject failure to substantiate your claim that "they" want to take away the guns.

Come on BB, you can do better than ignore the challenge. Show me what you got. Or, you got nuthin'?!

Last edited by uwindsurf on Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brainwashing turns your mind away from events you witness and keeps you from fact checking.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

If you don't like our laws and rights, live in Canada. Oh, that's right; you do. So what what gives you the right to tell us so vehemently how to run our country?

You're right. I have no right to tell you how to run your country, and if you haven't noticed, the exchange here probably will have little to no effect on how it is run. My legitimate concern is that American culture has a huge impact on Canadian culture as we want to emulate, not only the good, but the bad aspects. My other concern is that a great country seems to be at war with itself from within. I find that disturbing, just like I find thousands of people, many of them innocent people or children, being senseless shot, or worse yet, murdered.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 158, 159, 160 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 159 of 331

Jump to: