myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 122, 123, 124 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
reinerehlers wrote:
I am almost 5 times more likely to be murdered with a firearm in the US

Yep. That cat's out of the bag, and is one reason why so many of us carry. Besides, it's far less important to me HOW a perp plans to harm me than that he wants to in the first place.

Sounds like the chicken or the egg scenario. I think Australia figured out how to crack the egg and kill the chicken. Little worries about getting pecked there now.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard,

No doubt, some sweet guitars. I bet that they make great music. I too have a Martin, a D18 that I bought in 1971. I always wanted to play music, but I've found that I lack the talent. Still have it, but I haven't played it for years.

Are the local paintings plein air coastal scenes? What artists?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HK Boone, Pevic and my favorite....my Brother in Law, http://www.esquerrastudio.com/esquerrastudio/Main.html

I think you'll find his art to be very good. What do you think?
J64TWB

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ES335 and a 67 super reverb. Best sound ever.
techno900

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers said:
Quote:
Sounds like the chicken or the egg scenario. I think Australia figured out how to crack the egg and kill the chicken. Little worries about getting pecked there now.

Australia's population is about the same as NY State. Much less of a challenge than we would have in the US. Also, Australia's constitution likely doesn't guarantee the right to bear arms. Just a guess.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
reinerehlers said:
Quote:

Australia's population is about the same as NY State. Much less of a challenge than we would have in the US. Also, Australia's constitution likely doesn't guarantee the right to bear arms. Just a guess.

Another huge problem is our porous border. There is a war going on in Mexico. The bad guys have weapons. Those weapons would find their way to the US if we banned ours. Heavy fire power, no registration, and weapons that would go right to the criminals hands. Can you imagine what kind of bloodshed would ensue?
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
techno900 wrote:
reinerehlers said:
Quote:

Another huge problem is our porous border. There is a war going on in Mexico. The bad guys have weapons. Those weapons would find their way to the US if we banned ours. Heavy fire power, no registration, and weapons that would go right to the criminals hands. Can you imagine what kind of bloodshed would ensue?

What? Criminals in the US have no weapons now? Apparently you missed the photos of Bundy's well armed friends.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard,

Your brother-in-law does some nice work, and it's interesting that his monumental work is tall and narrow in configuration. I have to say though, at least from the paintings depicted on his site, that his strong suit is his more representational work. I can see why that he has done well in juried competitions in Laguna Beach. Does he live in Laguna? I lived there in the north of town on La Brea my senior year in college, and it was such a cool spot back then.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWC, yes, he lives in Laguna. He is a successful artist, and we love his work. I'll be spending the afternoon with him today, and will try and grind him down on one of his pricey pieces.

Youws, I was referring to the problems we could have if we disarmed our citizens. (unlikely event)
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
SWC, yes, he lives in Laguna. He is a successful artist, and we love his work. I'll be spending the afternoon with him today, and will try and grind him down on one of his pricey pieces.

Youws, I was referring to the problems we could have if we disarmed our citizens. (unlikely event)

From what the NRA has told me, it is impossible to disarm our citizens. If guns are outlawed, only the outlaws will have guns. Outlaws are citizens too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 122, 123, 124 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 123 of 331

Jump to: