myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 119, 120, 121 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to factcheck the average gun owner in America has 7 guns.
About two thirds of Americans have none.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWC, I do not, nor will I carry a weapon, unless I'm shooting with my son or a friend. However, I want the right to bear arms just like a police officer does. I'm more educated and older than the average cop. Why not?

Guns safely locked in safe and case, with motion detector in room alerts my cell phone if someone is in there. Gun owners have on average over 1000 rounds of ammo in their homes, IMO. For target range needs etcetera.

I can't imagine anyone going to the range with less than 200 rounds.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the Geneva-based Small Arms Survey – the leading source of international public information about firearms – the U.S. has the best-armed civilian population in the world, with an estimated 270 million total guns. According to Pew Research 37% of households have guns.

I'm guessing that that number has exceeded 40% with Obama as president. Gun sales have been astronomical since he took office.

This is not necessarily a good thing if the people who are buying are gangsters. I do not want to see registration. However a course that requires hands on training and a waiting period seem fine to me. The government has no reason to know who owns a weapon.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
According to the Geneva-based Small Arms Survey – the leading source of international public information about firearms – the U.S. has the best-armed civilian population in the world, with an estimated 270 million total guns. According to Pew Research 37% of households have guns.

I'm guessing that that number has exceeded 40% with Obama as president. Gun sales have been astronomical since he took office.

This is not necessarily a good thing if the people who are buying are gangsters. I do not want to see registration. However a course that requires hands on training and a waiting period seem fine to me. The government has no reason to know who owns a weapon.

The gubment knows how much money I make, how many people are in my family, when and how much pseudoephedrine I purchase, how many and the year make and model of the vehicles I own, the value of my house, the business expenses I have, and a host of other information, yet the gubment should not know I have an instrument of death in my possession?
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree, you buy a gun, you need to sign up and be responsible for it.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWC, the government may be collecting meta data which disregards the 4th amendment, but too many people cherish the 2nd amendment.

This is a constitutional right. They don't ask you to register your religion. They don't ask you to incriminate yourself in court. They don't ask you to give up your personal effects, etcetera. How can they take a sacred right in the constitution, and make you register?
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To vote, a constitutional right, you must register. I hope that doesn't come as a surprise to you.

Nobody is denying responsible citizens the right to own a firearm. Enough of the right wing NRA BS. Registration documents a gun purchase, and it establishes an important responsibility. You own a gun, you are responsible for it.
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:

Because of all the rabid racist O-haters like Mikey and NitWit.

Are you one?

stevenbard wrote:
They don't ask you to register your religion.

So, why are so many rabid righties so concerned that Obama might be a Muslim (which he very obviously is NOT)?
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
SWC, the government may be collecting meta data which disregards the 4th amendment, but too many people cherish the 2nd amendment.

This is a constitutional right. They don't ask you to register your religion. They don't ask you to incriminate yourself in court. They don't ask you to give up your personal effects, etcetera. How can they take a sacred right in the constitution, and make you register?

How 'bout the 1st Amendment - Free Speech. Is that sacred enough for you? There are limits imposed on the 1st Amendment. You can't yell fire in a crowded theater, there are laws against slander, and the government can impose time, place and manner restrictions on speech. So if the 1st Amendment can be restricted, why not the 2nd Amendment? Is the 2nd more sacred than the 1st?
J64TWB

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Guns safely locked in safe and case, with motion detector in room alerts my cell phone if someone is in there".

I think you need to beef up security. Maybe an armed guard or two and perimeter alarms. There is some really cool new infrared technology like around the White House. Did you buy that bucket of food? Got to keep up with the Jones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 119, 120, 121 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 120 of 331

Jump to: