myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Your training stopped far short of our minimum CCW training.

I don't know what state you are in or the statutory requirements in that state. I'm comfortable that the HQ of the NRA understands the requirements in the states for which they were providing CC training.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
youwindsurf wrote:
NRA Catfight. Meeoowww.

Thank you for your intelligent contribution.

The left is fearful of personal responsibility. That is why they are gleeful when conservatives debate an issue like CCW. CCW requires a little training, and a lot of maturity IMO.

For the life of me, I don't understand why any man would want only the government to have weapons. I'm sure that someday there will be a financial collapse or political uprising. I also assume that just as in history, following such event, either the fascists or communists will come to power.

Our founding fathers read the history books, and prepared future generations for this inevitability. They were not stupid men.
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
The left is fearful of personal responsibility.

Utter nonsense. That's a Limbaugh/Fox/Rove talking point.

stevenbard wrote:
CCW requires a little training, and a lot of maturity IMO.

You're right. And maturity is often hard to find, regardless of one's political beliefs or ideology.

There are as many mindless immature fools on the left as on the right.
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lived most of my life in a country where mainly the gov. has weapons.
The actual real world effect of that was a gunshot death rate of zero.
Even the cops didn't have to shoot anybody.
NRA types brought their guns from the US and now we have one of the highest per capita gun death rates in the world.
I was happy living in a country with no guns and was never in danger during political uprisings or during the financial collapse because guns were not needed in those situations like they they are in a heavily armed country.
Little history for anyone interested.
I have seen for myself that arming the general population makes life a LOT more dangerous. Too many as($&les in this world.

Last edited by keycocker on Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
youwindsurf wrote:
NRA Catfight. Meeoowww.

Thank you for your intelligent contribution.

You are most welcome.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
isobars wrote:
Your training stopped far short of our minimum CCW training.

I don't know what state you are in or the statutory requirements in that state. I'm comfortable that the HQ of the NRA understands the requirements in the states for which they were providing CC training.

I'm not talking about minimum LEGAL requirements; I'm referring to what I, these cops/instructors/all the books believe to be part and parcel of proper CCW training. "My state" doesn't matter; the NRA filled the square, but that is only a small part of the overall responsibility and liability we incur if we as much as announce we're armed, let alone actually reveal the weapon. Pointing it escalates everything MUCH further yet, puling the trigger a whole 'NUTHER ball of worms, and hitting a perp, let alone killing him, all but devours our waking hours and lawyer fees for the next year or two even if the perp had already dismembered your children and was turning the chain saw on your wife.

That's why I don't carry.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Gybe and bard, I would think long and hard as to why you carry a loaded weapon before you get shot by the next guy properly trained in lethal force. It seems many here who "carry" agree in the training and purpose behind.

If you think training is about "maintaing, storing and handling a dangerous weapon", your fooling yourself. Thats kids stuff. This isn't about how to hunt. We are not talking about showing your kid how to store and clean a weapon, or avoid a Cheney situation. We are talking about that nano second decision, that could haunt you for the rest of your life. If you live. "should I start pumping leaded holes in someone"? Is he going to shoot me? If your not prepared to start putting bullets in someone properly I would not be carrying a concealed handgun. What other use would you have? Are you concealing it to shoot that deer? Target practice? I don't think so.

It's not used for hunting. If you are walking around with a concealed handgun you are afraid of your safety and should be prepared and trained to use it FULLY WITH LETHAL FORCE.

Iso is absolutely right, and I would be much safer behind him than someone not trained properly. Much safer.

But the question is... why put yourself into that thinking mode? Iso has thought long and hard. Either you are going to die, someone else is going to die, maybe you go to jail, maybe you made the right decision, maybe it goes to court and your on the news like Zimmerman, maybe you just loose a leg. All in that nano second of a decision. Do they train you for that?

More likely you feel it's a power thing... or cool, maybe in your imaginary scenario, you'll be the hero to save the mall. You pull that thing out and you will be the first one shot dead by law enforcement.

Good luck with those decisions.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your simplistic and inaccurate analysis. I do not carry a weapon. Never have. Neither does anyone I know who has completed a CC training program.
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious. For those of you that own weapons, particularly handguns, do you think about them daily, just sometimes, or almost never? Are a lot of your friends dedicated gun owners too?

I'm thinking that going for an official concealed weapon permit means you might possibly entertain the idea of carrying one around for some reason. Also, there's the idea of how much ammunition do you need. 50, 100 or maybe a 1000 or more rounds at home? Would you carry a number of extra loaded clip cartridges on your person just in case?
coboardhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swchandler

I, probably, will not conceal carry. In fact, I never completed my permit application decades ago, when I was threatened, since I knew I would not be able to follow through. But, I sometimes have a gun in my car. Mostly, to euthanize a deer if I injure one with my car. Do I think about it daily? If it is not in the safe, yes, otherwise that would be irresponsible. Are my friends gun owners? Some hate guns, some target shoot weekly, some are NRA members, some are Chicago liberal lawyers. None carry!

One can never have too much ammo. When I go target shooting, the last thing I want to think about is going home without getting enough practice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 119 of 331

Jump to: