myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Anyone familiar with Epic Gear Carbon Booms?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danothemano

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject: Anyone familiar with Epic Gear Carbon Booms? Reply with quote

2012 Epic Gear Carbon monocoque 200-260
$428.00Original MSRP $754.00ShippingContinental US: $125Canada: $39.00HI AK PR: $98.00

Both my old HPL carbon booms are creaking by front curve ( upgraded Maui sails front end ) and I'm wondering if these are worth trying...( usually rig 8.5 on 150 liter shortboard )

http://www.progressivesports.com/I-335206-Epic-Gear-Carbon-monocoque-200-260.php?gclid=CjwKEAiAp_WyBRD37bGB_ZO9qAYSJAA72Ikg_5mxlAgPJGI0gXb9gWXv5m5m1cgbK8tHlETJSxe7jhoCQB_w_wcB
Windnc

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:26 am    Post subject: Epic Carbon Booms Reply with quote

I have had an Epic Carbon Monocoque Boom 160-220 since 2005 which I am still using. I have several hundred sessions on it since then. This includes lots of through-the-surf ocean and wave sailing as well as Wind-SUP wave sailing with many falls in the surf and subsequent tossing, rolling and general surf washing of board and rig, all with no damage to the boom.

Additionally I have the large Epic Carbon Monocoque Boom that I occassionally use for Formula sailing with 9.8-11.8 sails. It is a 2006 vintage boom and is still in great shape.

I also take care to thoroughly rinse the boom and wash out all sand/grit and with fresh water after each use. This includes pulling the boom tail out of the boom arms and thoroughly rinsing the tail, inside boom arms and especially the boom length adjustment clips/pins to further remove sand etc. I believe this practice has a lot to do with the boom continuing to last so long as well the fact that it is a very strong boom to begin with.

Chuck,
North Carolina
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: