myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Can someone explain this?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Can someone explain this? Reply with quote

http://www.eutimes.net/2013/08/switzerland-warning-against-obama-regime-stuns-russia/

Is any part of this true? Why would someone write this? Is this country going to hell in a hand basket? Or did this guy just drop acid?
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard, where do you dig this stuff up? No doubt, off-the-top wacky.
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: Can someone explain this? Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
http://www.eutimes.net/2013/08/switzerland-warning-against-obama-regime-stuns-russia/

Is any part of this true? Why would someone write this? Is this country going to hell in a hand basket? Or did this guy just drop acid?

Mr. Bard, do a little of your own research.

Here's a quote from Rational Wiki about the EUT:

"The European Union Times claims to be a news site. Its articles on Barack Obama have been linked from a few Libertarian teabag blogs, presumably pleased to find what is apparently a news site that supports some of their views. It even has lots of mainstream advertising served by ContextWeb! Eminently respectable to all appearances.

"Upon closer inspection, however, it is little more than a compiler and regurgitator of various news stories and a particularly unpleasant far-right-leaning blog. The reporting is, without exception, shockingly unprofessional. Do not be fooled by the nice WordPress theme - this is utter neo-Nazi bollocks."

I enjoyed that "neo-Nazi" part. Is that you?
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the first time I've heard of it, but on a related note: Snowden signed away all rights to the First Amendment when he voluntarily joined the military. We are forbidden to speak to any media on matters related to our work unless we are in the Office of Public Affairs, which he was not (I was). That makes him a traitor, not a protected whistleblower, IMO.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting that just a few years ago this would have been considered a left wing blog. Now it borders on Nazism. Times are strange.

I suggest that there is so much frustration from the far left and far right that they are now meeting in the middle.

Chaos in the middle east, Obamacare falling apart, bombing Yemen, disintegration of the family, NSA scandal, etcetera.

Americans from both sides are lashing out against a corrupt and incompetent government. I for one do not want the govt monitoring who I call or communicate with via meta data. Obama is afraid of something. I don't know what it is. But for sure the boogey man is alive. 22 embassies closed, Putin gives us the finger, Local police forces buying military vehicles and ammo. (contrary to the constitution BTW)

Years ago I said 2 things after 9-11. Close our borders to new entries from the middle east until we can determine who are our friends, and don't bail out the banks. Now we have the NSA-Meta-Data scandal, and we have a $2 trillion off-balance sheet at the fed which will be hard to unwind. One way or another we are going to pay for our bad politicians.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet they seldom pay. They proposed and approved their own exemption from Obamacare, for example. Anyone who voted for it should be required to depend on it, and anybody who voted for its successful exemption bill Friday should be out of a job on Monday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: