myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
No easy answers we're all farked
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techno900

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be programs to deal with people that truly need: phones, food stamps, housing, medical care and the list goes on. A strong Military is also needed, but the waste is mind boggling. How does one control it? It seems as though it can't be done, but if budgets are capped and the military must make do, sooner or later they will figure out how to maximize their dollars to meet their needs. In the beginning, there is/will be tales of woe and weakness, but there probably is enough money to get the job done. They typically cut were there is the most emotional impact and play on that theme to sell their point. Pretty much the same with any program dealing with cuts or no increases.

In all government programs, the trick is to start small, be sure that it works, then expand as needed without sacrificing control. If that can't be done, don't do it. That's pretty much where I stand on the ACA, too much too soon, but we shall see.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well said techno900, although I have to disagree a bit about the ACA. I feel that the ACA, although not perfect, is the right direction for the nation. No doubt though, it's going to be tough. Taking responsibility for yourself in the end usually is.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
reinerehlers, why don't I believe you? You can always tell when someone carries a grudge.

LOL! Thanks for providing the comic relief. No anxiety after the last four days included a windsurfing session, a hike, a DH MTB ride, XC bike ride, lots of swimming and time with family. As for a grudge, na, that's reserved for those who make prejudiced comments about groups of people. You can hold onto that one for yourself. Carry on with the laughable comments.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is hilarious. The man who can always spot anger in others but not himself, remains determined to blame the phone program created under Saint Ronnie, and modified under Congress by Saint Shrub, on Obama. When it was pointed out that the original attack video was created by Republican Party ops, and used African-American teenagers, to stir up racial animus--quite consciously, he saw nothing wrong or inaccurate about it. Now he says:

Quote:
The control structure and regulations are already in place administered by the FCC. President Obama appointed all the current Commissioners of the FCC. You concede the FCC is not doing it's job.

It is another example of critique by temper tantrum. Some will say that this should be high on Obama's and the FCC's priority list. Compared to what? Do they even have any idea of what other things compete for priority? Do they have any idea of how the FCC works, or what their agenda is? It doesn't matter when you hate Obama and you will grasp any straw to try to batter him.

We hear no criticism from these voices about the proliferation of military weaponry that has virtually nothing to do with the current asymmetric warfare. The no-bid contracts. The crop insurance for rich Republican farmers. All costing far more than food stamps.

And what is behind this? A hatred of the poor, particularly those of color, and a fear that somehow they are getting over on us. This hatred comes from people who don't merely brag about their career accomplishments, and wealth sufficient to own multiple houses and support charity work, but belittle others. This animus to the poor becomes even more rabid if those poor are of color, or undocumented immigrants. The subjects of this hatred are all about taking care of those less fortunate--those who have lost their jobs and need unemployment or food stamps--it is, of course, their fault (and Obama's.) Those who are uninsured--perhaps because they have lost their job, or work at Walmart. Or they can't afford a phone and meet some eligibility requirement set up under George Bush.

And the claims of piety, and the attacks on those suspicious of organized religions trying to make inroads into politics? Here's just a few quotes to get a sense why this false piety is so offensive:

Quote:
But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed because they cannot repay you. For you will be repaid at the resurrection of the just.”

From Mother Theresa at the National Prayer breakfast:

Quote:
On the last day, Jesus will say to those on His right hand, "Come, enter the Kingdom. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was sick and you visited me." Then Jesus will turn to those on His left hand and say, "Depart from me because I was hungry and you did not feed me, I was thirsty and you did not give me to drink, I was sick and you did not visit me." These will ask Him, "When did we see You hungry, or thirsty or sick and did not come to Your help?" And Jesus will answer them, "Whatever you neglected to do unto one of these least of these, you neglected to do unto Me!"

Right, we shouldn't listen to her, or that new guy, the commie pope Francis. We should listen to the Catholic Bishops, who burnished their credential protecting young boys from pedophile priests.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weapons proliferation, crop insurance, temper tantrums, food stamps, no bid contracts, Mother Theresa, hatred of the poor, a Communist Pope and racism!!......all in one post, apparently about free cell 'phones!! A bit of gentle advice.......don't read your post when you've sobered up. You will be more embarrassed than we are reading it.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!! Mr.G.
I'm thinking Mac's RR= Rambling Rant (or rabid rant) or as Techno900 would put it "wordy" rambling rant that always ends with "it's religion's or conservatives fault". I haven't been here long but it's all becoming very predictable. I have to admit like Techno I didn't bother reading that wordy RR but now that I have....very funny indeed!
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little positive news about Government. A while back it was cool for conservatives to reference Solyndra, and other loan program failures in the green energy space. But today we have a success story. Tesla is up 20 bux today to $154, after another great quarter. They have paid back the govt loan, a loan which made the business possible. Their products are awesome, and have a two year wait list. Infrastructure is catching up , and a lower priced model is on the way . Congrats fellow Americans!!!
jp5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more little note on piety.

It is said that if you give a man a fish dinner you have given him food for one day, teach him how to catch fish and he'll never show up for work again.

ba-dum-dum..

Boggs is right, we're making a comeback. Slower than hoped for but a comeback nevertheless.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insightful rebuttals indeed.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Insightful rebuttals indeed.

Not rebuttals, more like observations.
Three word response, impressive! You OK?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 43 of 45

Jump to: