myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Frosty Friday !
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angulo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Frosty Friday ! Reply with quote

Could be the day ? always sketchy to make calls ahead of time, especially for Nahant, but if that Sou'easter does click Sou'west middle of the day coinciding with incoming tide, to could end up being one of those rare magic days.... today was all-time wavesailing at Nahant... I wasn't prepared, but I'm thinking Freaky friday could be the day.

Crazy Fingers is sending out smoke signals for the frosty winter session in RI, but I have pregnant wife on delivery "red-alert" so I can't get caught down south when the water breaks.

So all hearty souls consider this wavesail invitation for the season closer. Of course us fellas up here understand that the boys on the Cape and RI have a hard time leaving the comfort of their more "exposed" coastlines to come up for some very "iffy" Nahant... But "if" it gets good, you won't be disappointed.

*** Causeway closed so parking up at back of tides, or at the circle on end of causeway..... best sailing is often closest to tides, but it can differ
outcast

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are Spot-On for Nahant.....there should be a good size E swell to penetrate.(5' @13?!)

Cape will be junked from leftover windslop, and it'll be way cleaner up by you. Too much S for anywhere I know in mainland RI

Those who know, know I know. It'll be well worth the gas. (Or Vegetable oil)

Alas, I am obligated to guard the Gates for those wounded during the Mayan Cataclysm.
Too bad because the Solstice means a lot to my Celtic blood.

Nahant with an E swell, and a NNW wind has been on my short bucket list and CV on my long bucket....

angulo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the reality is it looks like it will be cloudy cold on shore.. maybe we'll end up at deveraux... its friday before christmas and everybody's got crap to do and I'm the last guy thats gonna encourage 2 hrs on the road for cloudy, cold, on shore....

However, since we all do like hanging/ sailing together, my new thought is the following : Everybody from their own respective zone gets at least one shot of their beach posse and one action or at least line up shot and this way we can vicariously live through each other's sessions.

Disclaimer ** I havent seen any of the boys up here on North Shore with an actual camera, so we might be the first group to fag out on this mission. I think Mat-tyhas a go-pro that is great if you are 1 foot away... Maybe Claudio will show up ? Either way best wishes and I'm counting on Mat-ty, Blockidog or Fred-o ( I forget his secret forum name) to get our acts together to post a couple shots for the boys and I know you Cape boys are all technical and will get some shots.... Crazy finger's all secretive though Wink... Nate and then boys in RI will pull through I'm sure
outcast

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya....looks like the clock is moving back.....my rule of thumb is that the wind is 6 hours behind the models, so maybe Sat morning deal

evans snuffed this on monday when he started talking about friday

i'll take pics of something tommorow ...since it IS the end of the world and all

antoinebo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in - and may even find a camera somewhere...
bates

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya hoping to get in the water. Crazy wind directions down here in RI, SE windy going S then SW? May be a two spot/session day to get the side shore and waves. I will try to remember to take pictures. It will be pissing rain, I can assure you of that.
gobbdogg

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wicked Pissin...
WaterKook

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4:30 am Nantucket buoy 12.8 ft @ 16 seconds!!
outcast

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Straight onshore!!! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
outcast

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

images.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  13.07 KB
 Viewed:  13999 Time(s)

images.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: