myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Lufthansa Technik meets Windsurfing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
n.nagel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: Lufthansa Technik meets Windsurfing Reply with quote

Hi all,

I just started my masters degree this september at the Zeppelin University in Germany. Right now our team for the course entrepreneurship is working on a project with the company Lufthansa Technik. Therefore, we are looking for a purpose of use for a "Strut Assy". This "Strut Assy" is similar to a carbon telescoping pole (length and width are variable), which is generally used to keep open the service flaps of an airplane. The locking mechanism is unique and patented. This means, that the mechanism will not give in under tractive force, like telescoping poles normally do. The big benifits ot the product are, that is very functional (length in variable), durable (even under water) and of light weight.

My first idea was to use in for outdooractivities like wind surfing. Where you could use this "Strut Assy" as a flexible mast. You can make it small for travelling and you would have different sizes for different sails.

What do you think about that idea? Do you have different ideas for the use of such a "strut assy"? Maybe in other areas?

I am grateful for anyone who comes up with creative ideas and constructive criticism.

Kind regards
Nik
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you know, your widget may be useful in masts and booms. But I suggest you post this in the WSing Discussion forum. Most people avoid this forum because of its almost unanimous tilt towards politics.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think bend curve calculations would be important. It would have to meet manufacturers specifications, or it wouldn't work for windsurfing.
n.nagel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
As you know, your widget may be useful in masts and booms. But I suggest you post this in the WSing Discussion forum. Most people avoid this forum because of its almost unanimous tilt towards politics.

Thank you for that information. Going to post it there.
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be good for sailing SUP. The mast is a problem when you paddle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: