myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Pipe dream? Obamacare
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 199, 200, 201  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this going to make it official, there are two classes, the peasants, and the ruling class?
I really don't think that this is what our country was founded on, this is total BS, talk about a good reason to totally clean house.
Now why wouldn't they want to subject themselves, or their aides, to something that they imposed on the rest of us? Hmmmm?

Lawmakers, aides may get Obamacare exemption
By JOHN BRESNAHAN and JAKE SHERMAN |
4/24/13 9:49 PM EDT

Congressional leaders in both parties are engaged in high-level, confidential talks about exempting lawmakers and Capitol Hill aides from the insurance exchanges they are mandated to join as part of President Barack Obama’s health care overhaul, sources in both parties said.

The talks — which involve Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), the Obama administration and other top lawmakers — are extraordinarily sensitive, with both sides acutely aware of the potential for political fallout from giving carve-outs from the hugely controversial law to 535 lawmakers and thousands of their aides. Discussions have stretched out for months, sources said.

A source close to the talks says: “Everyone has to hold hands on this and jump, or nothing is going to get done.”

Yet if Capitol Hill leaders move forward with the plan, they risk being dubbed hypocrites by their political rivals and the American public. By removing themselves from a key Obamacare component, lawmakers and aides would be held to a different standard than the people who put them in office.

For the rest~
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/obamacare-exemption-lawmakers-aides-90610.html#ixzz2RRv8i4Pb
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The liberals do not want to answer this question. I'd feel a whole lot better about obamacare if he and the other 535 douchebags in congress had to use it for their own medical needs.
beaglebuddy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please
nw30 wrote:
Is this going to make it official, there are two classes, the peasants, and the ruling class?
I really don't think that this is what our country was founded on, this is total BS, talk about a good reason to totally clean house.
Now why wouldn't they want to subject themselves, or their aides, to something that they imposed on the rest of us? Hmmmm?

Lawmakers, aides may get Obamacare exemption
By JOHN BRESNAHAN and JAKE SHERMAN |
4/24/13 9:49 PM EDT

Congressional leaders in both parties are engaged in high-level, confidential talks about exempting lawmakers and Capitol Hill aides from the insurance exchanges they are mandated to join as part of President Barack Obama’s health care overhaul, sources in both parties said.

The talks — which involve Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), the Obama administration and other top lawmakers — are extraordinarily sensitive, with both sides acutely aware of the potential for political fallout from giving carve-outs from the hugely controversial law to 535 lawmakers and thousands of their aides. Discussions have stretched out for months, sources said.

A source close to the talks says: “Everyone has to hold hands on this and jump, or nothing is going to get done.”

Yet if Capitol Hill leaders move forward with the plan, they risk being dubbed hypocrites by their political rivals and the American public. By removing themselves from a key Obamacare component, lawmakers and aides would be held to a different standard than the people who put them in office.

For the rest~
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/obamacare-exemption-lawmakers-aides-90610.html#ixzz2RRv8i4Pb

Please all you keyboard marxist's on this forum, address this topic.
Aloha, Beaglebigot.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beaglebuddy wrote:
Please all you keyboard marxist's on this forum, address this topic.

That would be a first. The vast majority of their responses to relevant, important facts and logic are variations on "Yer mudder wears combat boots", "Pull my finger", and "I cannot imagine how impoverished a life must be to not be offended by the direct, and indirect, racism of the far right in the Republican party"*. The only one who even tries to answer direct, relevant questions does so by citing Page 14382, Para 5, subpara Dii, Word 5 as proof that the other 15,837 pages make sense.

*BTW, mac, that does offend the other 99% of Republicans. That's why we, too, consider bigots and racists "the FAR right".
mac

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Beagle bigot embraces being outed, and finds another source of bigotry--all to the left of him are Marxists.

On the point--I think many on the left and the right agree that many in Congress feel that they are entitled. Some of this is human nature, and we will always need to reform our institutions--social, economic, governance. Those who are committed to reform identify the problems and work at developing feasible solutions. Those who think that there are simple answers opt for blunderbuss solutions like term limits. That throws out talented lawmakers as well as bums, and has more unintended consequences than reform. In California, and in Washington D.C. the lobbyists rule the roost because the institutional memories are gone. (Among, of course, other reasons. Money perhaps?)

I heard, many years ago, during the health care debate in Clinton's administration, the Prime Minister of Canada, here in San Francisco to speak at the Commonwealth Club, talk on the radio about health care reform. He nailed the American culture exactly. He said that he thought reform of American health care to adopt a single-payer system like Canada's, or any other fundamental reform, was impossible because of American culture. He said that he took personal pride in having a health care system for him that was exactly the same as the citizens he represented--but noted that was antithetical to American culture. In America, we all want to think that we have the best option. We're all special.

There are wonderful things about the United States' culture which places such high value on the individual. But there are down sides, and they are not limited to only Congress. And it has nothing to do with Marxism--which the bigot can't even spell--and everything to do with the invisible blinders of culture. (We teach first graders that all proper nouns--words based on proper names--are capitalized. Try the Kool-Aid.)
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac, I prefer that the people including 500 massive corporations hold the power over 1 govt. 1 govt cannot be easily stopped or changed. However, a handful of corporate, or individual bad actors can be silenced. China, Russia, & Cuba come to mind. People like you will regret your big govt some day.

The only freedom they seem to be giving back to the people is sexual in nature. This is a giant head fake. Gay marriage and abortion. In every other way, life is controlled by our central govt. Every aspect of your life is now to a great degree controlled by the govt, (except who you have sex with).

Don't say windsurfing, because you know all too well that Crissy will be shut down this summer thanks to politics.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve...Crissy is shut down this Summer because of the America's cup...July 4-Aug 30. When you are up here celebrating the birth of your grandchild, I will show you the secret launch, access to a chest high standing wave that lasts for three hours.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bardo--Crissy is a perfect example. In fact, Crissy will be open every day at 4:00 or before--because of the efforts of people like me. And you are naive beyond belief if you think that government will ever stop trying to favor one corporation above the other--that's what the tax breaks sponsored by Republicans--and Democrats in San Francisco--are all about. Life is a struggle between those who are not interested in fair competition, and those that are. You can find politicians of both parties on both sides.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Steve...Crissy is shut down this Summer because of the America's cup...July 4-Aug 30. When you are up here celebrating the birth of your grandchild, I will show you the secret launch, access to a chest high standing wave that lasts for three hours.

I'm looking forward to that Boggs! I will not change diapers when I can sail and get free financial advice... Laughing

http://www.sfgate.com/business/bloomberg/article/Central-Banks-Load-Up-on-Equities-as-Low-Rates-4462955.php

Does the above article scare either you or Mac?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 199, 200, 201  Next
Page 39 of 201

Jump to: