myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Pipe dream? Obamacare
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 199, 200, 201  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notwithstanding Obama's change of heart/opinion/double cross on funding--by how much was he outspent by the supporters of Romney? And how much of that came from big business?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
DanWeiss wrote:
I mean, would you make intentionally false promises to get elected to anything and then make intentionally false statements aimed squarely at eliminating the very system that got you in the seat?

"I have been a long-time advocate for public financing of campaigns combined with free television and radio time as a way to reduce the influence of moneyed special interests.... My plan requires both major party candidates to agree on a fundraising truce, return excess money from donors, and stay within the public financing system for the general election....If I am the Democratic nominee, I will aggressively pursue an agreement with the Republican nominee to preserve a publicly financed general election."

Only the most naive among us would believe Mr. Obama would take a knife to a gunfight.
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac said:
Quote:
Most people in the country think that they are entitled to Medicare because they have paid into it.

When my government makes a contract with me, that says I MUST contribute $ for all of my working years into a fund, and for that contribution, they will provide lifetime health care for me after age 65, why would I not assume that I am entitled?

Realistically, I am concerned since the nation's debt is a disaster waiting to happen, and that my government may not be able provide what they promised. Plus I understand that a promise from the government doesn't necessarily mean that much since they can change many of the rules anytime they want. At least the constitution provides some level of security for some elements of the system.

And by the way, ILLEGAL immigrants in our country should not be here, regardless of skin color. It's not a racial issue (liberal talking point), color has nothing to do with it.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno--you are talking through your hat on both points. Calling Obama a Muslim and calling Spanish speakers illegal immigrants are both thinly disguised code words for racially prejudicial terms. Every person of color in this country knows it.

You are like many on the right--you think that you are entitled to what you really haven't paid for--yet your resent those who are actually very poor--with the same rationale. It is called hypocrisy. What I challenged you to do was to do the math. You whined about people of color, and rationalized it saying it applies to some people who do not have colored skin. Were you one of the aboriginal residents? My ancestors were discriminated against because they were Irish.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Only the most naive among us would believe Mr. Obama would take a knife to a gunfight.

You're right. After all, what's a promise from a candidate pretending to be a transformative figure? Who cares that all prior candidates since the 70's took public financing.......including McCain who did the right thing and was outspent 4-1. The President also raised more money than Romney, and spent the same. As you say, some are naive enough to think otherwise.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr g, if you factor in PAC s , mr Romney outspent mr Obama , that's what made the bitch slap as enjoyable as it was.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno, please. If the nations debt was a disaster waiting to happen, the market where that debt is traded would at least, be giving us a teeny tiny hint of the coming doom .... It is not.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Mr g, if you factor in PAC s , mr Romney outspent mr Obama , that's what made the bitch slap as enjoyable as it was.

Hmmmm......apparently not, although, I concede the source is unreliable
http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/campaign-finance

You may also enjoy this in your never ending quest for a balanced view.........
http://www.salon.com/2013/02/02/obamas_shameless_finance_reform_flip_flopping_partner/
beaglebuddy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Techno, please. If the nations debt was a disaster waiting to happen, the market where that debt is traded would at least, be giving us a teeny tiny hint of the coming doom .... It is not.

The people who trade for a living understand bubbles (which you do not) the bubble will be inflated to a very high level and at this time one will sell. Rolling Eyes
techno900

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac said:
Quote:
Techno--you are talking through your hat on both points. Calling Obama a Muslim and calling Spanish speakers illegal immigrants are both thinly disguised code words for racially prejudicial terms. Every person of color in this country knows it.

Race baiting is the typical liberal strategy. When there are no rational responses available, "just call them racists". All the racist words in your statement are from you, not me. I am not a racist, but I clearly don't want open boarders for anyone to cross regardless of their motivation or color.

A question for ALL liberals - Do you want open borders, and if so, why?

In my last job, I supervised 6 "Spanish speaking" (English too) Hispanics that were good workers, dependable and nice guys, plus they held green cards. They too didn't like the open boarders and the illegals that are/were swarming over the border in Texas. In your eyes, I guess they were racists too.

Boggsman - If you feel secure with your money in the stock market, good for you. I have ridden the bull waves too, but they ALWAYS crash at some point. The last wave, I backed out in '06 at the advice of a very smart friend, and have done very well since. Too old to take risks anymore.

Another question for all liberals - Does the national debt concern any of you, and if not, what point will it become a concern?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 199, 200, 201  Next
Page 32 of 201

Jump to: