myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Pipe dream? Obamacare
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 199, 200, 201  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beaglebuddy wrote:
You people need to get a life. Rolling Eyes

-from the man who authored the thread "No easy answers, we're all farked". hilarious.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beaglebuddy, while you might share some of isobars' politics, or maybe his thoughts about some things, do you find synergy in how he expresses himself here?

If you haven't checked out the year old thread that coboardhead highlighted, do yourself a favor and read pages 5-8. Afterward, ask yourself whether isobars is the kind of guy you would like to defend here.

Last edited by swchandler on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coboardhead PM’d an explanation of why he claimed I “denigrated” his wife and British countrymen. I began to respond only by PM, until I realized that:
1. These and other false accusations from him were openly posted and fairly frequent, like the $#!+ we see every day from his political cohorts.
2. He continued in that general vein throughout the PM.
3. No discussion or resolution of a public dispute is valid if confined to private discourse.
4. The only acceptable resolution venue is thus the public forum.

Coboardhead wrote:
Isobars

When you make a statement that Obama was supporting partial birth abortions and then follow it with ... “And yet you and your physician wife support this ... this ... person?”, I consider this "question" insulting to my wife and I called you on it. You hid behind the "hey it was just a question" defense. I will not bring this up on the forum in defense of your accusation that I am lying, because the presumption behind the "question" is not something I will repeat.

I re-read your posts on the "pre-existing" conditions thread. I am still reading that you were telling GT that he owed his country to US soldiers without mentioning the contributions of his countrymen. I reacted again to the same sort of dialogue yesterday. If I am mistaken, I will admit it and apologize for it.

Your family’s support of Obama’s policies came, at length, from your own posts. I expressed amazement, not accusation or presumption. The only explanation I can think of for feeling insulted or denigrated by an accurate question or observation of one’s behavior is shame at such behavior.

The four nefarious motivations you attribute to my comment are in perfect alignment with the personal, demonization-flavored, unsupportable koolaid so prevalent on “your side” here. I’m not “hiding” anything; I really want to know how intelligent people, especially a physician, can overlook Obama’s long, repeated, documented, Illinois senate chamber tirades supporting partial birth abortion, even to the extent that he powerfully advocated leaving a crying full term baby to die on the table just because that’s what the animal it was just forcefully torn from wanted. That’s sick, it’s murder by any standard, and I, too, would feel ashamed of accepting such policies in my candidate.

Regarding GT and my supposed denigration of British soldiers: You choose to omit my following posts (and much more) from the very thread you cite:
• “You yourself admit that soldiers (my comments were clearly aimed at soldiers in general, not just the U.S. variety) saved your nation, and my comments about soldiers span centuries and the whole globe, not just your little tiff with the Germans. (Never mind that had Hitler not overridden his commanders and diverted his attention from Britain to his other obsessions, Britain was toast.)“
• “Do you, Gurgletrousers, think we do not recognize the transparency of your diversion of my global and timeless comments [above, and many other times here] about the free world’s soldiers to your nation’s world-class [is “world-class” denigrating?] but relatively UK-centric battle in order to avoid the bigger issues in my response to your vile opening salvo?”
• "So the soldiers [of all nations and all time, as often stated] on whose backs, limbs, and lives you speak English rather than German or Russian -- if you were even alive -- did not earn their proscribed benefits? YOU call their pensions and their (decreasing) health care subsidies “living off the backs” of those for whom they served? Man, that’s disgusting! ... Please tell us whose backs retired soldiers [once again, of the world] live off of? The citizens who speak any language but German, Japanese, Russian, or “Muslim” [i.e., the soldiers of the entire free world]?"

Your accusation that I criticized British or any other soldiers is clearly not just false but the complete opposite of the truth as presented in the thread you cited.

Cob, you entered this fray claiming to have an open mind. If it ever was, it has been closed by the demonization practiced so heavily by the laughably-named “liberal, tolerant left” campaign to demonize everyone they disagree with. Obama’s stock in trade from college to the U.S. Senate has been winning his elections by law suits and dirty tricks (including using one candidate’s private divorce records against him and suing another to have him disqualified from the election on a technicality … such as country of birth), rather than honest head-to-head political debate. I realize they have no other choice when facts and reality blow their ideology apart, but intelligence and an open mind could see through that facade if it so chose.

Last edited by isobars on Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
mac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's have no more giving Mike Fick a hard time about his disability status. If it is not clear to everyone by now that he has a serious mental health disability, you haven't been paying attention.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's some crazy shit, man....
mogunn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he'll keep editing it 'til he deletes all the crazy parts.

Mikey dear, you are a complete asshole.

coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only behavior, that I am ashamed of, is giving this guy the benefit of the doubt...again.

Those of you who know my wife, I am sure, are appalled at his post. The supposition that she shares my opinion on any/every political issue is laughable to anyone who knows her. She has never been a participant in the discussions on this forum, nor do I run my opinions past her before I write them.

I apologize to the forum for this diversion.

How dare he write of me that way! When he does he denigrates every engineer that has ever picked up a pencil, held a protractor, punched a keypad, measured a line, surveyed a survey, calculated the circuference of a circle and lots and lots of other really really important stuff. And you who remain silent, obviously agree with him. Without engineers we would have no wars. We would have no weapons, no ships, no planes...no targets. An engineer can save the lives of hundreds, maybe thousands, no millions and even trillions of times the lives of a doctor. And what thanks do we get? Liberal Prius drivers aimlessly traversing our newly minted roads with their hairy armpits flapping in the breeze, listening to NPR...that commie radio station that is destroying the very nation engineers are sworn to exploit and develop. And, while they drive they drink bottled water. Drinking bottled water is a slap in the face to any engineer who spent years in a sexless university studying till all hours of the night to learn how to design water systems that have brought safe, clean, pure, clear, cold, warm, tasty water to every village, hamlet, town, city and commune in even the farthest corners of this country reached only by brave weekend warriors on scooters. Engineers perform tens, no hundreds or thousands of calculations just to design you that bridge you walk your dog over to buy your overpriced sandwiches in your sorry excuse of a state. And you sickopaths elect a lawyer for YOUR President. You people have no shame.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
The supposition that she shares my opinion on any/every political issue is laughable

You can't deal directly with the issue you brought up, can you? No one made that supposition.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coboard. .... Please ignore him. He has a massive inferiority complex. Don't take anything he says of you seriously. Sensible people can see through his nonsense.

P.S. Please send some of that warm wind to our currently god foresaken corner of the globe. Rolling Eyes
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any guy who brings up another man's wife in a derogatory fashion is an asshole.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 199, 200, 201  Next
Page 22 of 201

Jump to: