myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Pipe dream? Obamacare
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 198, 199, 200, 201  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone with an ounce of intelligence knows I was making fun of this assertion........

mac wrote:
....3/4 of efforts fail to repay their investors, and 95% of start-ups fail......TARP investments in solar energy and alternative fuels are doing much better than this baseline. But then, you don't want to acknowledge any success by Obama.

Even the author had the good grace to attempt to correct your misplaced outrage and that of your like minded colleague in Maui.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe should take his own advice:

Quote:
I......DID......NOT.....ASSERT.......THAT.......95%.......OF.......BUSINESSES........FAIL. BERKELEY........DID.

Try reading posts before you comment, or you will continue to look foolish.
\

No, I said that 95% of startups fail. You conflated that to a bald statement--and an attack on Obama. Serving your own hatred--and ill-deserved feelings of superiority. Read the comment before you flame. Take your own advice.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who knew some businesses didn't have to start!
mac

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently news of the start-up phenomenon in California hasn't made its way to the cognoscenti in Virginia. I guess if it doesn't blow up or damage the atmosphere, it's just not newsworthy.
pueno

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
I guess if it doesn't blow up or damage the atmosphere, it's just not newsworthy.

And if it does, then it's Obama's fault.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Popcorn anyone? By a certain person's definition this thread has been officially trolled, which means all gloves are off, and any unfounded accusations of child molestation / beatings, racism, or stalking are condoned which may lead to monetary challenges in moot courts or legal threats of harassment charges being brought against them. Let this be a warning to you all. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

On topic....I thought to myself today, "how much of the argument of Obamacare is about "resistance to change" and just pure selfishness?"
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the largest part of the opposition comes from intentional misinformation that these folks have been spoon fed.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
I think the largest part of the opposition comes from intentional misinformation that these folks have been spoon fed.

Agree. Locally we have elections coming up. The absolutely stupid total nonsense commercials are misleading and mostly outright lies about the other party's leader. I don't even want to vote because the commercials lead one to believe they are voting for some moron who either points fingers or make unbelievable promises.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another example of what we face when Obamacare morphs into its stated objective of single-payer, government-run healthcare.

I'm looking at my quarterly Medicare care summary. This SUMMARY is 16 dense pages long. It breaks down each provider and action into details like the amount the provider billed, amount Medicare approved, amount Medicare paid, and the leftover amount I may have to pay. Some observations:

1. Many claims are denied. My knee and cranial surgeries were covered, but not the anesthesia, the antibiotics, or the sterile dressings. I guess I should have brought along a stick to bite and a tee shirt to wrap my knee and head in.

2. When paid at all, providers might get anywhere from 15% to 80% of what they billed.

3. My physical therapy sessions were all virtually identical in concept and purpose: lift this and hop on that so you can walk again some day. My PT was very proactive about having me do my rehab on my own for up to 6 weeks at a time to keep costs down. Yet some sessions were covered, some not.

4. When my PT did get paid, it was 14% to 30% of the billed amount. A board certified PhD in sports rehab with years of experience, and he got paid less per hour than the kid who slaps paint on my house every 10 years.

5. There were several line items addressing services I had not received and/or did not need. Example: patient certified not to have received any burns prior to discharge. Billed amount: 0. Approved amount: 0. Paid amount: 0. But by Golly some burro-crat made damn sure that claim was not paid; he rejected it.

6. If I hadn't paid for health care insurance policies four deep, all that unpaid crap, by the thousands, would come directly out of my pocket.

And all this is coming to a burro-cracy near you, funded by the next generation after your increased taxes, premiums, and deductibles fail to cover it all.
windoggi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
cranial surgeries
now I get it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 198, 199, 200, 201  Next
Page 199 of 201

Jump to: