myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Pipe dream? Obamacare
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 188, 189, 190 ... 199, 200, 201  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
SWC, I don't think conservatives want the ACA to fail.

Many of us, including myself, want it to fall flat on its face. It is far too harmful to the nation even its present, weak, state. If it manages to survive, it will quickly lead to the permanent achievement of its stated (by every leading Democrat including the President) objective: socialized medicine. That, in turn, will ruin what should and could be a great health care system.

Only if it succeeds beyond any rational person's wildest dream, including providing freedom of choice, millions more insured, lower costs INCLUDING the hidden taxes planned to fund it, and better care do I want it to succeed. No one, not even the Democrats, expect that (thus the hidden taxes, including but not limited to the half-trillion Sebelius finally admitted will be stolen -- double booked -- from Medicare.)
pueno

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Fick-shun wrote:
If it manages to survive, it will quickly lead to the permanent achievement of its stated (by every leading Democrat including the President) objective: socialized medicine.

True socialized medicine, Mikey? Like in Britain, France, Scandinavia? No health insurance companies siphoning off billions and billions and billions of dollars to privately benefit their executives and shareholders?
mac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Scarecrow claimed:

Quote:
You just go ahead and continuing on banking on "hope", be my guest.

for you, there is no hope. No wizard to provide you with a brain. No hope of a thoughtful post or a credible source. None.
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you just watch this Dem congressman mackyboy, and tell him he lying, and has no credible sources.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbwCU22xfiU
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That critic sounds correct to me NW.
I have read the same in the NWT. It is the educated Dems view on the ACA whether they are a conservative or liberal Dem.
For a long time I had a speech by Obama on my computer about flaws in the ACA back when it passed and the need to join together to deal with them.
The GOP chose another pathway.
When predicting a train wreck it is always best to go ahead and take out sections of the track ahead of the train.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what Rep. Stephen Lynch has to say about his home state's health insurance requirements, which arguably mirror the requirements of the ACA in concept?
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
I wonder what Rep. Stephen Lynch has to say about his home state's health insurance requirements, which arguably mirror the requirements of the ACA in concept?

I find it ironic that he is from the same state that is touted as the model for Obamacare.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isobars, you should be ashamed. I don't want it to fail. I know it will fail, but why should any conservative do anything but hope for the best. The D's 100% implemented this disaster. I'm sure they could get enough progressive R's to join in on meaningful reform. Has anyone here heard our great leader Obama propose any changes? Crickets chirping? Nothing?

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

― H.L. Mencken
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

― H.L. Mencken

Exhibit No. 1: George W. Bush.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youwindsurf wrote:
stevenbard wrote:

― H.L. Mencken

Exhibit No. 1: George W. Bush.

Yes, I agree. Exhibit #2 Obama
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 188, 189, 190 ... 199, 200, 201  Next
Page 189 of 201

Jump to: