myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Pipe dream? Obamacare
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 199, 200, 201  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
It would be helpful if you could explain why military disability benefits received by iso...

They are not interested in explaining (or discussing, or learning about) any part of the issue rationally. They have no concept of or interest in the obligations, sacrifices, constraints, demands, risks, contracts, value systems, dedication, family and (career) impacts, or any other aspects of military life, whether it's in Afghanistan or Albuquerque, combat or a computer lab, a fighter or a food truck. They sure as hell have no concept of my and my wife's contributions to their freedom to be ignorant asses. They are the same people who spit on soldiers returning from war, except now they hide behind screen names and spew their fabricated sputum at the nearest veteran they can find anonymously rather than man up and spew it in person.

Maybe they're juuuuuuuust smart enough to realize that not all military/firemen/cops would respond as graciously as most do when spit on, literally or figuratively. I can guarantee people like pweeno and friggit and some others here that if they spewed their ignorant venom at the spouse of any of the MANY military members who are killed or injured in stateside non-combat service to their country that the latter's buds -- after the spouse got through -- would have them eating their words ... probably through a soda straw. Talk about kicking a sleeping bear!

They give dog shit a bad rap.

"Throbbing vein in my forehead"? Just shows how much you lowlifes know about the camaraderie among people who have served their country or cities in a demanding, let alone risky, environment. In lowering your own humanity by spitting on any of them and the policies that define them, you broaden the multidimensional chasm between yourselves and them. That it doesn't embarrass you just adds another dimension, as does your pretense that your whining is based on some imaginary uniqueness about my individual set of disabilities rather than on the same system as applied to all other veterans with their set of disabilities. Even if the taxpayers footed the bill, not one of you cowards would choose my medical hassles over the $615 I pay myself for them.
mogunn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Even if the taxpayers footed the bill

Mikey dear, there are no ifs about it. The taxpayers pay for your retirement and your disability benefits -- yes, all the entitlements you receive are taxpayer dollars.

GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A point missed is that physical disability is not the sole reason for being 'signed off' work. Mental, or psychological issues (as diagnosed by a psychiatrist) also count, when people are expected to interact normally in the work place.

Frequent aggressive and paranoid outbursts, along with personal insults, (I am right, the world is wrong, and I can prove it!), at being unable to get ones own way, would certainly qualify for 'signing off!' Such behaviour would not impeed that person from taking part in solo (NOT team) sports, and would even be encouraged as a means of 'letting off steam', and releasing those inner tensions.
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:

Frequent aggressive and paranoid outbursts, along with personal insults, (I am right, the world is wrong, and I can prove it!), at being unable to get ones own way, would certainly qualify for 'signing off!

So, Mikey gets disability because the world's wrong and he can prove it?

Ah, life's unfair, Mikey. But I'm happy to pay my taxes to help compensate you because the world's wrong.

wynsurfer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks GT you make perfect sense. One has only to read iso's last post to see that what you are saying is true. Pitiful rant as usual.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT, your entire post presumes and/or fabricates total crap you know nothing about. For example, I was heavily involved in team sports for decades, until two specific medical traumas among a long series of very specific, physical, ideopathic/surgical/and/or disease traumas, documented by dozens of physicians of many specialties over many years, impaired several capabilities including those of most land sports.

Besides, none of that matters, because the same laws, regulations, and employment contracts apply to every serviceman, so begrudging benefits to one of them because he can do one thing is the same as begrudging them to another who can still do something else. Would you deny benefits to the codebreakers or radar inventors or Spitfire designers who saved your country a few years back, just because their job-associated fatalities were uncommon and often accidental? Would you deny the extra benefits earned by the U.S.A. 10th Mountain Division veteran who spent his brief career in the Afghanistan wilderness searching for bin Laden just because he can go to the gym and work out ..... on a leg pieced together from other parts of his blown-apart body?

What idiots. What ficking, know-nothing idiots.

Worse yet, what disgusting ingrates. You and millions of your countrymen ... hell, your very nation itself ... exist only thanks to the efforts, sacrifices, and dedication of every Yank and British serviceman who every got shot at, repaired a fighter, cooked a meal, drove a truck, treated a wound, designed a submarine, delivered mail, or died to save your ungrateful ass, yet you would deny them benefits they earned. You just deliberately spit in the face of every member of every military force in the history of the world who lifted a finger to preserve his nation or way of life. In my book, that's less honorable than a jihadist homicide bomber in a pizza parlor, who at least has a cause he believes is respectable. At the very least he did it for 76 virgins, while you "people's" motivation is pure misguided personal spite.

Thank you, though, for giving me the opportunity to codify and express my disgust with your and others' attitudes towards any servicemen. It does me good to occasionally recognize and oppose such inexplicable hatred.
mogunn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taxpayers are footing the bill for your benefits, Mikey. Try to be appreciative of the support your government and your country gives you.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isobars.

I'm unable to make sense of your outburst. It's illogical!

Others can decide if what I stated showed 'inexplicable hatred.'
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most important thing in mikes world is that you pay attention to him.
Those he knows in person have an inexplicable desire to avoid speaking with him. Even telling him the truth so he can scream vile remarks at you and tell you your opinions is better than sitting silently alone.
I see a lot of folks are paying attention to him now.
This makes him happy.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slinky wrote:
Thanks GT you make perfect sense. One has only to read iso's last post to see that what you are saying is true. Pitiful rant as usual.

Surer is ... to people with no morals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 199, 200, 201  Next
Page 18 of 201

Jump to: