myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Pipe dream? Obamacare
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 164, 165, 166 ... 199, 200, 201  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J64TWB

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exemption and delay? I would have thunk you would want to gloat, dance and drink. You sound dissapointed.
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want exemptions and delays, those are just bandaids for trying to make up for a shitty plan from the start. Don't try to spin it into some cheap attempt towards fixing little things, it not little things, it's a big piece of crap that they are trying to put wrap up in cheap gift wrap like it's some sort of gift.
Don't be a fool.
It's a move of desperation and nothing more.

Obama’s New Delay of Employer Mandate Violates Plain Language of Law

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/obama-s-new-delay-employer-mandate-violates-plain-language-law
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it were working, or even CLOSE to working, why would Obama keep lying so blatantly, so often, and so undeniably about it?
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2013/10/28/what-about-social-securitys-rollout/

Implementation of massive public programs on a national scale takes time — especially in the United States, when responsibility for administering them is divided not only among local, state and national governments, but between public agencies and private actors like insurance companies, hospitals and doctors.

Social Security, that now beloved centerpiece of the nation’s social safety net, offers a case in point. Created in 1935, the program took 40 years just to include all working Americans in its basic coverage. When the old-age insurance program launched in 1937, barely more than half the labor force participated.

A series of amendments to the Social Security Act gradually expanded coverage. By 1979 it finally reached 90 percent of American workers. Over the decades, Congress repeatedly retrofitted Social Security: adding dependent and survivor benefits; balancing payments between early participants and later retirees; including farm workers, domestic laborers and the self-employed, and introducing annual cost-of-living adjustments.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on NW30, why do you read contrived sources of information from CNS? Is it because they twist things to agree with your outlook? It's so clear to me that the author is reaching very questionable conclusions simply to crap on the Obama Administration.

We've discussed this before. The executive branch of the government can craft the rollout of laws in a way that make sense. It's legal. The law under the ACA remains unchanged. If the Obama Administration was taken to court for revising the rollout date of a certain aspect of the law, it would never pass go. Whether you like it or not, is immaterial

You're supposed to be seen as earnest and credible arguing for full compliance? Remember, your position is an end to the ACA.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmation bias (also called confirmatory bias or myside bias) is a tendency for people to favor information that confirms their preconceptions or hypotheses regardless of whether the information is true. As a result, people gather evidence and recall information from memory selectively, and interpret it in a biased way. The biases appear in particular for emotionally significant issues and for established beliefs. For example, in reading about gun control, people usually prefer sources that affirm their existing attitudes. They also tend to interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing position. Biased search, interpretation and/or recall have been invoked to explain attitude polarization (when a disagreement becomes more extreme even though the different parties are exposed to the same evidence), belief perseverance (when beliefs persist after the evidence for them is shown to be false), the irrational primacy effect (a stronger weighting for data encountered early in an arbitrary series) and illusory correlation (in which people falsely perceive an association between two events or situations).

http://www.princeton.edu/~achaney/tmve/wiki100k/docs/Confirmation_bias.html
mac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does NW's picture come up with that definition? Or Iso's?
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:

You're supposed to be seen as earnest and credible arguing for full compliance? Remember, your position is an end to the ACA.

Only partially correct, my position has always been, repeal and replacement of the ACA, they have to start over and change the goal.

My position is held by the vast majority of the people who are against Obamacare. Almost everyone agrees that we were in need, and still are in need of health insurance reform, nothing more really, just that.
And it almost never gets mentioned, always overshadowed by the false assumption that everyone against Obamacare, want's to go back to the way it was.
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitwit30 wrote:

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/obama-s-new-delay-employer-mandate-violates-plain-language-law

"CNSNews.com was founded by L. Brent Bozell III on June 16, 1998, under the name Conservative News Service..."

"CNSNews.com's motto is 'The Right News. Right now.'" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cybercast_News_Service)

Great source. Dependable, reliable, fair 'n balanced, even-handed, middle-of-the-road, no axe to grind, nonpartisan...

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

nw30

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peeeuuuno, I normally don't like to waste my time with you, as you've probably noticed with me ignoring 80% of your drivel towards me, but some times you can catch me after I've had some fine wine, so I might be willing.

If it wasn't for you favorite source bashing comeback, you'd have zip.
Go home, your mother is worried about you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 164, 165, 166 ... 199, 200, 201  Next
Page 165 of 201

Jump to: